Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub Calls Out the Fans

After the game, Schaub called out the fans for leaving the building before the game's end. But I would have to point out that the team left the building, along with Elvis................... WAY BEFORE the fans had a chance to.

Let me also point out that those same fans with their families have scraped together their dwindling hard earned money, seemingly solely for the privilege of watching the Texans, from the top down, pad their own already bulging wallets.

More and more of the fans will be happy from here on out to support their team from the cheap comfort of their own residence. From there, they will be able to be spared from leaving early after a putrid performance and taking that long walk back to the car and the long gasoline guzzling trip back home...............they will be able to simply switch the channel and watch something with at least some crumb of entertainment value.

If fans wanted to spend 3 hours watching a ****ty product, they could lock themselves up in their bathroom for that period of time after having a good BM.

Sorry, but the Texans have to realize that we have no obligation to be there for them when they don't show up for us.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #2
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 4112 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub Calls Out the Fans

I'd tell him the same thing that I'd like to tell those players on D that wave their arms. "If you'd pay more attention to the guy on the other side of the ball than you do the crowd, you might win a little more."

Last edited by noxiousdog; 11-30-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: punctuation.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #3
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I'd tell him the same thing that I'd like to tell those *****'s on D that wave their arms. "If you'd pay more attention to the guy on the other side of the ball than you do the crowd, you might win a little more."
And tell OD to quit flipping the fans the bird....
Old 11-30-2009   #4
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the gist of what he said but he is the wrong person to deliver that message. Huge blunder on his part.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #5
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Can a source or article be posted on this?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell Matt he looks good in that beat down blue uniform .

OK ... that's to weird . Is that an 8 on the thing being roasted ?
Old 11-30-2009   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. If this is true, then Matt Schaub can kiss my butt.

The meltdown has begun. Not only are they quitting, they're now calling out their fans and deflecting personal blame by trying to focus on US.

If true, this was a dumb move. And I know dumb moves when I see them.
Old 11-30-2009   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't agree with fans leaving the game early.

I sat & watched the Colts pray after the game... kinda hurt that it was on our field.

But.. Matt & the Texans need to prove them wrong every now & then, and win the game in the last 4 minutes.

The guys who left early knew that wasn't going to happen, & IMHO.. that's worse than them leaving to begin with.

They were right.
Old 11-30-2009   #9
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Can a source or article be posted on this?
http://www.sportsradio610.com/topic/...udioId=4198295
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #10
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally would have staid at the game, but hey its your money and you can do whatever you want.
Old 11-30-2009   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't agree with fans leaving the game early.

I sat & watched the Colts pray after the game... kinda hurt that it was on our field.

But.. Matt & the Texans need to prove them wrong every now & then, and win the game in the last 4 minutes.

The guys who left early knew that wasn't going to happen, & IMHO.. that's worse than them leaving to begin with.

They were right.
There is no obligation for a paying fan to stay and support a team who is being paid to perform.

If I pay for a movie and I deem it to be bad, I stop watching it and walk out (or stop it, eject it, and take it back). I won't demand to have my money given back to me by the theatre manager or the rental store manager.

And I don't think the actors and actresses care if I enjoyed it or not. They got paid.

This is an attempt, allegedly, by a player (Schaub, allegedly) to deflect personal responsibility. Instead of shutting up, he decided to try and re-direct some angst by pointing fingers at FANS of all people. LOL.

Things are getting more bizarre by the hour. It's firing season already.
Old 11-30-2009   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Even Gary Kubiak would have walked out had he not been tethered to the field by his headset cord.

Hell, the coach can't even watch the team on important plays anymore.

Leaving is better than staying and boo'ing and yelling harsh insults.

Take your pick, Matt: A swollen crowd of harsh insulters, or people just choosing to quietly leave and catch easier traffic for the ride home.
Old 11-30-2009   #13
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 141 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

People leave early and Schaub accuses them of not being real fans? Perhaps if he had played like a real NFL quarterback in the 2nd half they might have stayed.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #14
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

This is very bad news...The last thing we need is for players to start alienating themselves from the fans and the organization. I hope somebody fixes this in a hurry.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #15
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 13450 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't like ppl leaving early either.........but perhaps a 3 game losing streak is the wrong time to be telling fans what they shouldn't be doing
Old 11-30-2009   #16
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

It may be a good thing the Texans play in Jax on Sunday!Right now all I would say to Schaub is STFU and win some football games!
Old 11-30-2009   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

You know what?

I reverse my position.

Get rid of Matt Schaub and keep Gary Kubiak. At least Gary Kubiak isn't moronic enough to start this sort of trash.

Cue the keystone cops music...
Old 11-30-2009   #18
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You know what?

I reverse my position.

Get rid of Matt Schaub and keep Gary Kubiak. At least Gary Kubiak isn't moronic enough to start this sort of trash.

Cue the keystone cops music...
LOL...I was thinking of Benny Hill's theme music...
Old 11-30-2009   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you cant understand what this cities fans have been through unless you have lived here. maybe if our football existance started when matt got here he might have a point, he does'nt realize there was football here before him and fans walking out has as much to do with what happened before he got here as what has happened since he's been here.
Old 11-30-2009   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't blame the fans at all for walking out on this one in particular. The players gave up, why should the fans care? However, these guys are just venting much like we are. They ought to handle it more professionally, but I'm a lot more concerned about their crappy second half performances than I am about their fingers and mouths right now. If OD keeps pulling his finger out of his butt and showing it to everybody, he needs to not be on the sidelines with the team.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read