Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2005   #241
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05
Default We Need Help At Runningback!

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW HOW BAD D.DAVIS IS? HES SLOW HES LITTLE HES KINDA QUICK BUT HE DOESNT GET MANY YDS. ARE O-LINE ISNT GREAT BUT THEY DID OK I THINK WE NEED A NEW RB! WHY HAVENT WE SIGNED SOMONE LIKE THE A-TRAIN ATLEAST SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY THE BALL ALITTLE! PUT WELLS IN THERE HES BETTER THAN DAVIS DO SOMETHING!
Old 03-13-2005   #242
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

IM GUNA HAVE TO DISAGRREE WIT U HERE CUZ HAV U EVER SEEN WELLS RUN!?!?!?! ALSO THA ATRAIN IZNT ALL TOO GOOD. AN UPGRADE AT RB WUD BE KOOL, BUT DAVIS IZ SERVICABLE, AND WILL DO FOR NOWZ LOLZ!

-Ben Franklin
Old 03-13-2005   #243
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
I swear you never say anything positive about any subject on this board. Also, do you have a speach impediment like the kid in the wheel chair off Malcolm in the Middle cuz i have never seen...one of your replies...longer than...a sentance...or two? :

"speach"
"cuz"
"sentance"

Thanks, that's all I needed to see.
Old 03-13-2005   #244
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW HOW BAD D.DAVIS IS?
lol, MY EARS HURT!! could you explain your stance and your reasons why? not that i feel you bring anything constructive to either side of the discussion, i just want to get more insight from someone who posts like that...
Old 03-14-2005   #245
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0ck
lol, MY EARS HURT!! could you explain your stance and your reasons why? not that i feel you bring anything constructive to either side of the discussion, i just want to get more insight from someone who posts like that...
Hes slow hes little I mean the one good run I saw him make Week 16 aganist I cant remember who they played he got lucker than yall get out a Lineman out of no where and made an awesome block. I mean I know those last 2 games he played well but hes terrible! I mean most backs are either big fast both or speical like P.Holmes. Hes none of those I dont care Wells is better than Davis and whatever happend to old Stacey Mack? He was better than Davis and Wells atelast he ran some people over. Poor Carr cant keep carrying us I mean atleast we got Johnson but we need more! Its like the Eagles without Westbrook or Buckhalter or even Levens! Why cant we make a trade for Travis Henry?
Old 03-14-2005   #246
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone sense joke account?
Old 03-14-2005   #247
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
I mean most backs are either big fast both or speical like P.Holmes. Hes none of those I dont care Wells is better than Davis and whatever happend to old Stacey Mack? He was better than Davis and Wells atelast he ran some people over.
???? Stacey Mack? Man, IMO you lose credibility making statements like this.
Also, Wells better? You and I must be watching different teams that both happen to have players named Davis and Wells...
The team I watch has a guy named Dominick Davis who is OBVIOUSLY better that the Wells that backs him up.
Now, having said that, I really think that the position can/should be upgraded, but to me, your opinion is in error.
Not trying to start a fight or anything... just my $0.02...

seems to me that you might just be trolling for reactions...
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2005   #248
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re
Does anyone sense joke account?

yep... trolling for a reaction...
Old 03-14-2005   #249
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
whatever happend to old Stacey Mack? He was better than Davis and Wells atelast he ran some people over.

Yeah Mack was better than Davis, that's why Davis beat him out for the starting job...Is Mack even in the NFL anymore? And for a "power" back, Wells has never been a very powerful runner...He hots the hole soft and gets taken down by simple arm tackles...

I'm not the hugest DD fan, but you're blind if you can't see he's the best on this team right now until Hollings gets a chance lol...
Old 03-14-2005   #250
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Yeah Mack was better than Davis, that's why Davis beat him out for the starting job...Is Mack even in the NFL anymore? And for a "power" back, Wells has never been a very powerful runner...He hots the hole soft and gets taken down by simple arm tackles...

I'm not the hugest DD fan, but you're blind if you can't see he's the best on this team right now until Hollings gets a chance lol...
And maybe the reason we lost Week 17 to the Browns is because Mack is not in the leage anymore. Stats dont lie Mack had a good career in Jacksonville when Taylor went down so dont be talking about my boy like that! As for me being a Troll I feel that way I just dont think Davis has been the same this year, he was alright his rookie year but hasnt ran that well since then and I think he was a few game wonder. So let me get this straight with Broncos giving permission for Ruben Droughs to seek a trade and Travis Henry is obvious out in Buffloa and whatever happend to Larry Johnson becoming a free agent? We need to get someone and I feel these are key guys. SHOW YOUR LINE SOME LOVE!

BTW what is Carliona going to do with 3 good RB's? (Foster S. Davis and Goings?) we could get one of them?!

Last edited by TexansNeedRBin05; 03-14-2005 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-14-2005   #251
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Hey I didnt see that ya Hollings is pretty good give him a chance lets see what he can do I am yall for it!
Old 03-14-2005   #252
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Hey I didnt see that ya Hollings is pretty good give him a chance lets see what he can do I am yall for it!

ha and ya talk about D.D beign a one hit wonder, we've had hollings 2 years and i dont think he's rushed for a 100 yards combined, to injury prone. AND GIVE OUR LINE SOME LOVE ???? Why dont the line give Carr our Davis a little love by actually blocking for the guys, and then maybe Davis would have better games, ever think about that ?? If henry, Drogns, or Goings were to come here, they would dissapoint you as well, cause no-body can run good behind a line that cant block. BUT D.D does an aight job at it !!!
Old 03-14-2005   #253
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Domanick Davis
1188 Rushing Yds 13 Rushing Td's
588 Receiving Yds 1 Td

Ranked 11th In Rushing Yards. No Back In The Top Ten (rushing) Had More Receiving Yards Than Him. Stats Don't Lie.
Old 03-14-2005   #254
jr0ck
Veteran

Quote:
Domanick Davis
1188 Rushing Yds 13 Rushing Td's
588 Receiving Yds 1 Td

Ranked 11th In Rushing Yards. No Back In The Top Ten (rushing) Had More Receiving Yards Than Him. Stats Don't Lie.
just had to repost that because i feel it could use some extra reiterating....
Old 03-14-2005   #255
twinkletwinkle
Rookie

That has been my point for weeks, DD can catch better than any other back in the league save Westbrook. Our O-line sucks. What is Edge is a ninja or something? No FA RB will help us. DD is sweet, just be happy we arent LA and have a Wheatley to talk about. And for the Carolina fans, yesterday I read that like 18 players got implicated in some steroid mess with some Atlanta doctor. All of a sudden S. Davis, Foster, and Goings don't sound so good.
Old 03-14-2005   #256
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

After how many times we gave him the ball he should have 1,500 yds! I never said he was a bad receiver maybe he should play WR? Maybe so but he is a terrible RB if anyone watched the games they played they would know and how can everyone just blame the Offensive Line without even thinking about it. You say "If that Lineman had blocked" Well what if they that Back had been faster? Remember O-Linemen have feelings too and dont start on DD has feelings too he got so many people telling him hes great that he doesnt give a flip!
Old 03-14-2005   #257
jr0ck
Veteran

Quote:
After how many times we gave him the ball he should have 1,500 yds! I never said he was a bad receiver maybe he should play WR? Maybe so but he is a terrible RB if anyone watched the games they played they would know...
to clear one thing up...we all watched the games...

davis had 302 attempts this year. to get 1500 yds he would have to average 4.9668874172185430463576158940397yds a carry. so a "terrible" running back average's 3.6 yds a carry and is 11th in the league in rushing (with the highest recieving yards of the top 11) and 13 touchdowns? yes the bench mark is 4.0 yds/att but davis only played in 15 games this year. if this was a down year, i can imagine how "terrible" he will be when the line has another year under their belts and/or they are upgraded...

now it's your turn to give some semblence of proof to back up your assertion...good luck

i.e. give stats to show how terrible davis is...
Old 03-14-2005   #258
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Dom Davis is the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish the trolls would leave !
Old 03-15-2005   #259
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

he should be a regualar 1200 yard a year guy with Pace at the left tackle spot.
Old 03-15-2005   #260
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Dom Davis is the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish the trolls would leave !
So is Matt Stevens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could anybody not like those tattoos?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read