Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2009   #1
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak live conference at 3:30 today

I wonder what smoke and dookie this putz is going to feed us today...
Old 11-30-2009   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak live conference at 3:30 today

Its on him.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #3
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

let me guess

Execute (Capers aint the only one)

It's on me

We aren't making enough plays

Kids

You can't make mistakes like that when you are playing a team like the Colts

we're gonna have to get back to work and fix this thing and get ready for Jacksonville on Sunday

We gotta give him some help

You gotta give them credit, they made the plays when they needed them (referring to the Colts)
Old 11-30-2009   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he's resigning...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #5
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

In my dream scenario, he comes out and says, "I realized yesterday I have no business being a coach, my forte' is as an offensive coordinator. Effective immediately, I resign my position, and Mike Shanahan will come in as interim coach, while I assume my chosen profession as OC".

Hey, I can dream can't I?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #6
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
let me guess

It's on me

Kids

we're gonna have to get back to work and fix this thing

You gotta give them credit (referring to the Colts)
Damn pretty good there, thats what exactly he's gonna say too, hilarious...
Old 11-30-2009   #7
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
In my dream scenario, he comes out and says, "I realized yesterday I have no business being a coach, my forte' is as an offensive coordinator. Effective immediately, I resign my position, and Mike Shanahan will come in as interim coach, while I assume my chosen profession as OC".

Hey, I can dream can't I?
LOL I was thinking the samething
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2009   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
let me guess

It's on me

Kids

we're gonna have to get back to work and fix this thing and get ready for Jacksonville on Sunday

You gotta give them credit, they made the plays when they needed them (referring to the Colts)
Pretty much the same thing Parcells said when he was trying to turn the Cowboys around??
Old 11-30-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

*mumbling in crowd*

*McClain's forklift shows up*

*McClain is placed in his seat*

*McClain's forklift leaves*

*That Mexican guy steals the mic*

*mic is replaced by another Mexican guy*

*McClain falls through the floor like that pizza in that one commercial*

*Kubiak shows up drunk*

"Hey you bunch of silly reporter people *takes a swig* Ah! You know what I did? So, this one guy was sitting down and I was... you know what? There was this one kid, about 88 or so, and he was trying to shoot me with a lazer, and I was all like *takes another swig* 'Hey! I'll bench you!' And then he was all 'Your ass.' So then during halftime..." *Kubiak passes out*
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget the mirrors. Everybody including the HC needs to look in their mirror.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #11
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
let me guess

It's on me

Kids

Thanks for the recap. Oh...it isn't 15:30 yet, how did you do that?
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #12
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
*mumbling in crowd*

*Kubiak shows up drunk*

"Hey you bunch of silly reporter people *takes a swig* Ah! You know what I did? So, this one guy was sitting down and I was... you know what? There was this one kid, about 88 or so, and he was trying to shoot me with a lazer, and I was all like *takes another swig* 'Hey! I'll bench you!' And then he was all 'Your ass.' So then during halftime..." *Kubiak passes out*
Hilarious rep ur way
Old 11-30-2009   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 77891 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
*mumbling in crowd*

*Kubiak shows up drunk*

Quality post after these 3 weeks of suck. Repped ya too
Old 11-30-2009   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165633 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Pretty much the same thing Parcells said when he was trying to turn the Cowboys around??
Parcells first season with the Cowboys he was over .500 and in four years he took a team that had posted 3 straight 5-11 seasons and blew them up, rebuilt them, and managed to win 3 out of 4 years while he was doing it.

Suffice to say that the words might be similar but when Parcells says these things they take on vastly different meanings. He's apologizing for not making it past the first round of the playoffs. Gary is apologizing for his team blowing a 20-7 lead while sleepwalking through the second half.
Hervoyel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #15
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm amazed at how loud the call for his ouster has become just over the last 18 hours or so. The national media is even starting to weigh in. I don't think many people expected us to win, but there is no question there was a second half choke.

As for the press conference, three words: "It's on me."
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Gary needs to explain why we ran the ball only 5 times in the second half despite averaging 5 yards per carry and holding the lead until there was 8 minutes left in the game.

I do not care about anything else quite frankly. He can make excuses all he wants about "executing" and other coach speak. But the fact is, he harps on the running game all the time and when it finally starts working he abandons it when we need to be using it the most.

Why are we running naked bootlegs deep in our own territory where Schaub nearly gets sacked in the endzone and the defense has clearly adjusted? Why do we stop pounding the rock when it was working so well?

Tell us coach!!!
Old 11-30-2009   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Parcells first season with the Cowboys he was over .500 and in four years he took a team that had posted 3 straight 5-11 seasons and blew them up, rebuilt them, and managed to win 3 out of 4 years while he was doing it.

Suffice to say that the words might be similar but when Parcells says these things they take on vastly different meanings. He's apologizing for not making it past the first round of the playoffs. Gary is apologizing for his team blowing a 20-7 lead while sleepwalking through the second half.
Co-sign. The very idea of comparing Parcels to Kubiak is laughable. When Parcels says "We need to fix this thing" you knew two things: 1) All hell would break loose behind the scenes; 2) Whatever needed to be fixed was fixed.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #18
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 52460 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

I found some footage of Kubiak practicing today's press conference. He is talking about how wins seem to slip away and not being fooled by a lead.

Strange he resembles someone else in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 112052 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I'm amazed at how loud the call for his ouster has become just over the last 18 hours or so. The national media is even starting to weigh in. I don't think many people expected us to win, but there is no question there was a second half choke.

As for the press conference, three words: "It's on me."
Everyone around the league perceives this team as talented. I think Kubiak has also given the perception that he is a good offensive coordinator but an awful head coach. These views weren't all shaped in the second half of yesterday's game. They were just further reinforced.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
let me guess

It's on me

Kids

What you said plus this:

It's hard to win in this league

We have to learn to finish, 60 mins of fooseball

It starts with the coaches

We sent the tape into the league (referring to this week's hack job by the refs)

And some podium thumping mixed in

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read