Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2009   #1
S4DF
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 S4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performer
Default Sky is Not Falling

Colts fan here to tell you, the sky is not falling on the Texans yet.

You're still a dangerous team and I feel damn lucky that the Colts came away with a win yesterday. Additionally, there were plenty of people at coltfreaks that expected yesterday would be our first loss, and I'm glad we don't have to play the Texans three times.

The ball needs to get to Andre Johnson more often and the Texans do need a better QB. Schaub isn't bad- far from it, it's just that in order to compete in a division with Peyton Manning, you need a QB who can run the clock down PASSING the ball. Any great run team can turn a 17-point lead into a win, but it's awfully hard to be a great running team in today's NFL. The result is, teams with the elite QB's will be the perennial powerhouses.

Schaub is good. He's in the upper half of the league, and I think he'd go deep into the playoffs with a supporting cast like Favre has in Minnesota, but it would take a decade of really lucky drafting for Houston to go on a run with Schaub. I don't blame him AT ALL for yesterday's implosion, but I'm just saying, Andre Johnson could be a ton scarier with a better QB.

The Texans do have a lot to be thankful for
-Mario still has room to improve, and he's already a stud
-Cushing was a great pick
-Slaton will be a solid back
-Andre Johnson is elite
-The pass defense is shaky, but far from terrible, they just couldn't put 4 quarters together yesterday

Good luck the rest of the season. It's never too late to win out, and if you do that, you've always got a chance.

-swing
S4DF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sky is Not Falling

We know this stuff but if you were 1-15 against us (I won't mention never having a winning season after playing aprox 120 NFL games) we'd find your fans a little grumbly...ya think?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #3
SICLICK
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 SICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden cover

"Colts fan here to tell you, the sky is not falling on the Texans yet."

No its not ....It fell long ago.
SICLICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

I think these Colts fans come here to try and cheer us up for selfish reasons. Hell they don't want us to get any better. Why would they?

So they come here and say, " Cheer up guys. You have the makings of a great football team."

Duh! In the eyes of a Colts fan we have a great team. Give me a break.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that the Colts have seven 11-0 seasons and that we are 1-15 against them I could care less what a Colts fan thinks of us right now it's just making matters worse.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Thanks for the condolensces. Yes, the Colts have had our number, blah blah blah but I say this to you.

You better rue the day that Peyton Manning retires because its gonna be payback time for a decade plus of oppression. It's easy to win when you have Peyton at QB. Just wait until you have to try and win without him. You should feel lucky that your city stole a franchise that was going to get such a great player one day. You were 1-15 before Peyton and your gonna be 1-15 after Peyton. Appreciate the good word, but get over yourself.
Old 11-30-2009   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I think these Colts fans come here to try and cheer us up for selfish reasons. Hell they don't want us to get any better. Why would they?

So they come here and say, " Cheer up guys. You have the makings of a great football team."

I think they had some hard years before Payton Manning and they realize what it feels like.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2009   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We know this stuff but if you were 1-15 against us (I won't mention never having a winning season after playing aprox 120 NFL games) we'd find your fans a little grumbly...ya think?
I usually make a couple of games every year. I finally got to go to a game this year and I had to witness that mess of a game yesterday. It costs alot in gas, food and lodging plus tickets and parking. I'm not going back anymore until Kubiak is gone and a proven winner is brought in here. I would rather sit at home and watch redzone in HD than spend my sundays watching the Texans blow game after game after game. I will always be a fan but I'm not putting any more money into this mess. I don't even want Kubiak next year no matter if they win out. The pressure is off now and the Texans are not going to the playoffs. I don't doubt they start winning now because there is nothing to play for. Sure they are mathmatically alive. We play 4 crappy teams and one really good team so it is possible to win out. But who believes they make the playoffs even if they win out?
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #10
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I usually make a couple of games every year. I finally got to go to a game this year and I had to witness that mess of a game yesterday. It costs alot in gas, food and lodging plus tickets and parking. I'm not going back anymore until Kubiak is gone and a proven winner is brought in here. I would rather sit at home and watch redzone in HD than spend my sundays watching the Texans blow game after game after game. I will always be a fan but I'm not putting any more money into this mess. I don't even want Kubiak next year no matter if they win out. The pressure is off now and the Texans are not going to the playoffs. I don't doubt they start winning now because there is nothing to play for. Sure they are mathmatically alive. We play 4 crappy teams and one really good team so it is possible to win out. But who believes they make the playoffs even if they win out?
A lot of people feel your sentiment and I feel the same way with the drive time plus the food and drink whether it be inside or tailgate...next home game though is Battle Bag Day...so wear your brown paper bags.
Old 11-30-2009   #11
S4DF
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 S4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performerS4DF is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post

Yeah, that OR we come off another close win and let out a sigh of relief and after that big WHEW, we feel like commending an opposing team for a hard fought game.

How exactly does my posting about this perpetuate the Colts' dominance over the Texans?

Look, there are some teams that you love to beat and then rub it in their eye (Cheatriots, Faguars, Cowboys) and there are plenty other teams that you don't mind chatting civilly with their fans (Texans, Titans, Cardinals).
Old 11-30-2009   #12
S4DF
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Thanks for the condolensces. Yes, the Colts have had our number, blah blah blah but I say this to you.

You better rue the day that Peyton Manning retires because its gonna be payback time for a decade plus of oppression. It's easy to win when you have Peyton at QB. Just wait until you have to try and win without him. You should feel lucky that your city stole a franchise that was going to get such a great player one day. You were 1-15 before Peyton and your gonna be 1-15 after Peyton. Appreciate the good word, but get over yourself.
Do you really think we don't know what it's like to be Colts fans without Peyton Manning on the Colts? How old are you?
Old 11-30-2009   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4DF View Post
Do you really think we don't know what it's like to be Colts fans without Peyton Manning on the Colts? How old are you?
We've been wondering that since VY came out of the clos... er... draft.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #14
BY1401
14-2*

Rep Power: 13 BY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I think they had some hard years before Payton Manning and they realize what it feels like.
This.

I remember what it was like being in the same division with the likes of Marino and Kelly. It sucked.

And for what it's worth, I wish nothing but the best for the Texans' last five games of the season. I'd much rather see them run the table and have a shot at a wildcard spot than the Titans.

-Jim Caldwell 12/23/2009
BY1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
We've been wondering that since VY came out of the clos... er... draft.
good one. how is that crow tasting? thought so.

hatin' on me for being right and objective about things....hate away
Old 11-30-2009   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate this part of the season. We aren't going to the playoffs and it's to soon to start talking about the draft. Unless we experiment with some new starters (or a new head coach ) what happens in Jacksonville means nothing, but I'll still be watching anyway.

Man, this time of the year sucks. When the hell are we finally going to compete?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #17
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Sky is Not Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4DF View Post
Yeah, that OR we come off another close win and let out a sigh of relief and after that big WHEW, we feel like commending an opposing team for a hard fought game.

How exactly does my posting about this perpetuate the Colts' dominance over the Texans?

Look, there are some teams that you love to beat and then rub it in their eye (Cheatriots, Faguars, Cowboys) and there are plenty other teams that you don't mind chatting civilly with their fans (Texans, Titans, Cardinals).
You weren't saying "whew". We all knew what was going to happen when we weren't getting TD's at the end of the 1st half. You knew it, too. It pisses me off when Colts' fans say we're improving & don't worry, "we're pulling for you", when you're 15-1 against us. I'd rather lose 285-0 than the way we lost those 2 games. No sense blaming Rosenfels for last year's loss; it'll happen next year, too. I liked the Colts in Super Bowl V. Now I just want you guys to go away.
Old 11-30-2009   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u need a great QB

then in the past how did yall let

Tenn VY and Collins

and

Jags David garred beat yalll

I tell u how out physical yall and run the ball down yall mouths
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #19
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

You've got to realize how frustrated we are at the moment. You'd probably did this in good intetion however, we need some time to put ourselves together(at least I am). So, thanks but no thanks.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I hate this part of the season. We aren't going to the playoffs and it's to soon to start talking about the draft. Unless we experiment with some new starters (or a new head coach ) what happens in Jacksonville means nothing, but I'll still be watching anyway.

Man, this time of the year sucks. When the hell are we finally going to compete?
At this rate it looks like you are gonna be in your 60's and I'll be in my 50's. That sounds like a joke at first glance, but if I say it slowly a few times in a row I can't seem to find the punch line.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read