Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2009   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy Talented Texans continue to wallow in perpetual mediocrity

Damning but sadly accurate. Article from NFL.com

Quote:
This phrase, however, "We're sitting here at 5-3 and feeling very good," explains why Houston is fading like an anchor dropped in 200 feet of water.

The Texans embrace things that don't really matter, like a winning record at midseason, a big play, a 17-point lead or the fact that the 20-7 halftime lead was its biggest mid-game edge ever against Indianapolis.

The Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Saints, Vikings ... they embrace perfection and attention to detail. In saying perfection, Indianapolis' and New Orleans' unbeaten records are byproducts of the constant effort to not make mistakes and to capitalize on the teams that do.

Despite clinching the AFC South title in November and making this the seventh consecutive season they've won at least 11 games, the Colts weren't happy they had to fight back from such a huge deficit Sunday. They weren't pleased that they had to rally in the fourth quarter to win for an NFL-record fifth straight game, even if that is an incredible testament to resiliency.

"Our guys have grown accustomed to traveling with what we call our little 'packet' of poise, confidence, pride and passion," Colts coach Jim Caldwell said. "It's the largest margin of victory we've had in a couple of weeks, so I do think I should smile a little bit, right?"

The turning point of Indianapolis' victory also emphasized the difference between these two teams; one mediocre, one superior. On the Colts' go-ahead drive early in the fourth quarter, running back Joseph Addai caught a short pass from Manning and got rocked by cornerback Dunta Robinson.

While the Texans and their fans marveled at the replay of the big hit, Manning ran the next play on a quick count and hit wide receiver Austin Collie for a 31-yard gain. One team was happy with the small stuff; the other was about taking care of business. Six plays later, tight end Dallas Clark hauled in a 6-yard TD pass to put the Colts up 21-20.

That happy time following Robinson's hit on Addai wasn't so spectacular anymore, was it?

"I felt like they were excited, maybe celebrating a little bit that play so we quick-snapped them and went deep on them right away," Manning said. "That's the thing. You've got to play every play. We know that."

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Talented Texans continue to wallow in perpetual mediocrity

Man i rdy for the jags game im tired of talking about old stuff

i think the texans fans need to go to a few more road games be a better travel team

and thoes Jags tickets are cheap 2 ....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

sad but good article that shows where we are
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we will see if the mediocrity starts from the top depending on how, McNair handles Kubiak and the off-season. if a meaningless run to 8-8, hell even 9-7 is enough for the owner, then we may know what we are dealing with long term.
Old 11-29-2009   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting in a New HC and new coaches isnt going to help us win any quicker IMO
Old 11-29-2009   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

MSN sports said the Texans fold up like a beach chair...ouch!

Got to play 60 minutes guys.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Yeah but didn't you hear? Dunta's having a career year. That was his highlight hit of the game (He's good for one every week).

The guy's right though. The Texans are focused on all the wrong things and that's true on an organizational level as well as on the field, on the sideline, and in the stands even. The perfect game day experience at "Texans World" is the goal, not winning football. It's never been about winning football. That was always just assumed to come following the correct choice in team colors, cheerleader outfits, and enough sold PSL's.

This team is all wrong where it counts. I can't even say "that's on Gary" because he's just the result of a process that starts with Bob McNair.

I'm sorry to say it but Bob's a stooge of an owner. He's a heck of a nice guy but he's just totally worthless as an NFL owner. He's an anchor around the franchises neck. By the time this guy figures it all out he'll be dead of old age and soccer will be the most popular sport in America.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2009   #8
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts have a LEADER who KNOWS how to win in Peyton, the Patriots have that in Brady and Hoodie. This team is young and doesn't really have that, and if we don't have that in our players I feel that we need to posses that in our coach. I like Kubes sometimes but he's still inexperienced, bringing in a guy like Cowher (im not saying thats going to happen) will provide us with that Leader who knows how to win
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

calling out bob mcnair wow BOB has nothing 2 do with the results on the field he keeps his fingers out of the decesion making he will tell u himself hes not to savy on football knowledge

if your going to blame someone blame RIck smith and Kubes
Old 11-29-2009   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
All but the worst franchises in the NFL make the playoffs much less finish over .500 every 4 years. Teams go from awful to the playoffs in a single season regularly. The texans are on the mode of being a C minus 8-8 in 2007 to C 8-8 in 2008 to C plus in 2009, which is still a C and 8-8 for three years in league where teams go from suckitude to the playoffs every year.
Old 11-29-2009   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
calling out bob mcnair wow BOB has nothing 2 do with the results on the field he keeps his fingers out of the decesion making he will tell u himself hes not to savy on football knowledge

At what point is the person who hires the mediocore responsible for the mediocrity?
Old 11-29-2009   #12
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, the difference is coaching. I don't think Indy is that much more talented then we are. I don't think Tennessee is that much more talented than we are. I don't think Jacksonville is more talented than we are at all. But gee, guess who's in last place in the AFC South.

There's two main parts of a team. the players on the field, and the coaches coordinating them. I don't see the Texans as a team lacking talent. The difference is coaching.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, I didn't know what was going on during that play.

But seeing it now...

This is embarrassing. Our players were celebrating a hit and we got burned.

I have no words.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Damn, I didn't know what was going on during that play.

But seeing it now...

This is embarrassing. Our players were celebrating a hit and we got burned.

I have no words.
Peyton is a really SMART QB...
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #15
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While the Texans and their fans marveled at the replay of the big hit, Manning ran the next play on a quick count and hit wide receiver Austin Collie for a 31-yard gain. One team was happy with the small stuff; the other was about taking care of business. Six plays later, tight end Dallas Clark hauled in a 6-yard TD pass to put the Colts up 21-20.

That happy time following Robinson's hit on Addai wasn't so spectacular anymore, was it?

"I felt like they were excited, maybe celebrating a little bit that play so we quick-snapped them and went deep on them right away," Manning said. "That's the thing. You've got to play every play. We know that."
I must admit that I was guilty of marveling at the replay of the big hit, and the next thing out of my mouth was "what in the heck happened". That was a smooth, perhaps slick quick count and delivery by Manning on that next play. I totally missed it.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
At what point is the person who hires the mediocore responsisble for the mediocrity?

well u got to hire Gm's and mcanir has a team of guys on the decison its not jut him

14 teams out of the 32 have been struggling PLayoffs 1 and done or not it is what it is

-Bills
-Jets
-Bengals
-Browns
-Texans
-KC
-Oakland
Redskins
Bears
Lions
tampa bay
St louis
San fran
Seahawks

all have had multiple coach changes with no succuess we are in the same boat has them
Old 11-29-2009   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Peyton is a really SMART QB...
He is a freaking GENIUS.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Saints, Vikings ... they embrace perfection and attention to detail. In saying perfection, Indianapolis' and New Orleans' unbeaten records are byproducts of the constant effort to not make mistakes and to capitalize on the teams that do.
About Thursday there will be many predictions that it is practically in the bag that the Texans will finish the season 5-0. That's embracing perfection.
Old 11-29-2009   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but you just said a coaching change wouldn't change anything???

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The problem is there is nobody on this team that can show this team "the way".

Andre......nope, he's never been there

Schaub....nope, he hasn't even started a full season before. He's probably hitting the wall because his body doesn't even know what it's like to take all these snaps

Dunta....HELL NO!

DeMeco & Mario....nope

Hell even Mr. Texan himself Chester Pitts has never been on a winning team before.

Kubes has helped coach on winning teams, but he's never been "The guy", hell he had to run all his plays through Shanahan.

What this team needs is instant credibility. They need a guy who can walk in that locker room tomorrow and have instant credibility with every player in that locker room. A coach like Bill Cowher would provide that and if not him then someone like Holmgren. This team needs someone who can teach them what it takes to be a winner and has all the experience to show them how. If Bob McNair wants to save this team from becoming a further perennial laughing stock he needs to blow Cowher's socks off as soon as the season is over.

The saddest thing about this whole mess is you can really tell to a man, that this team desperately WANTS TO WIN......they just don't know how the **** to do it (which is the most frustrating thing about this whole entire situation), sadly Kubiak also falls into that group, which is why he needs to go and be a understudy somewhere again.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-29-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

but you just said a coaching change wouldn't change anything???

It wont not in the short term at least

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read