Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2009   #1
JustinK4404
Rookie

Default I'm on the edge of being done.

Look, I've been a member of Texans Talk and Houston Texans MB since they started. I was a season ticket holder for 5 yrs and drove from Austin to watch a sh*tty product. If I would have known we were moving back I would have kept my tix. I still go to many games and opted not to go today. I have 37 David Carr rookie cards, numerous pieces of cr*p from years of this franchise. I even have a David Carr artist drawing from an artist in Austin, (don't make fun of me for that, the guy does the art for the TX Sports Hall of fame) But that was a huge waste of $75. I read, but rarely post, but I don't know what else to do. I refused to listen or watch any other games after this crap this afternoon. I happened to run to the store a little while ago and heard the AZ broadcast of their game w/ Tenn. on Sirius. I swear to God, I've never been more pissed. I got in the car as it was 4th and Goal with 6 secs. left. and I knew what would happen, just like today when we were up at the half. Look, Monday was a kick in the gut, today was the dagger, we're done. We once again still haven't played a meaningful game in Dec. And now on top of what happened Monday, (which I know everyone of you knew deep down when they made the switch to Vince, he was going to play well against us) I don't know how much more I can take. When the Oilers moved, I tried to become a Saints fan, I'm a hometown fan and would root for them as they were the closest, (never will root for the Cowboys, they can go to H*ll). It's sad but there are times I wish we wouldn't have gotten the franchise. I like Kubiak, I want him to succeed and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I NEVER call for the coach's head whether it be my high school team in my hometown, my college team, or NFL team. But this is ridiculous I'm 33 yrs old and the last time MY NFL team made the playoffs was 16 yrs ago. This just s*cks and I had to vent. I still believe in this staff and our players. I will say Dunta should've took his extension, he's screwed. I wouldn't bring him back period. He missed his payday. Schaub makes mistakes, but he is a good qb. Look, Vince is going to get his. He's not a good NFL QB, I'm tired of hearing he's a "winner" His franchise turned from "chokers" when they left Houston to a respectable franchise. Do they deserve it, No, do the fans there deserve it, No. Just venting. Thanks for letting me do it.
JustinK4404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #2
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm on the edge of being done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinK4404 View Post
Look, I've been a member of Texans Talk and Houston Texans MB since they started. I was a season ticket holder for 5 yrs and drove from Austin to watch a sh*tty product. If I would have known we were moving back I would have kept my tix. I still go to many games and opted not to go today. I have 37 David Carr rookie cards, numerous pieces of cr*p from years of this franchise. I even have a David Carr artist drawing from an artist in Austin, (don't make fun of me for that, the guy does the art for the TX Sports Hall of fame) But that was a huge waste of $75. I read, but rarely post, but I don't know what else to do. I refused to listen or watch any other games after this crap this afternoon. I happened to run to the store a little while ago and heard the AZ broadcast of their game w/ Tenn. on Sirius. I swear to God, I've never been more pissed. I got in the car as it was 4th and Goal with 6 secs. left. and I knew what would happen, just like today when we were up at the half. Look, Monday was a kick in the gut, today was the dagger, we're done. We once again still haven't played a meaningful game in Dec. And now on top of what happened Monday, (which I know everyone of you knew deep down when they made the switch to Vince, he was going to play well against us) I don't know how much more I can take. When the Oilers moved, I tried to become a Saints fan, I'm a hometown fan and would root for them as they were the closest, (never will root for the Cowboys, they can go to H*ll). It's sad but there are times I wish we wouldn't have gotten the franchise. I like Kubiak, I want him to succeed and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I NEVER call for the coach's head whether it be my high school team in my hometown, my college team, or NFL team. But this is ridiculous I'm 33 yrs old and the last time MY NFL team made the playoffs was 16 yrs ago. This just s*cks and I had to vent. I still believe in this staff and our players. I will say Dunta should've took his extension, he's screwed. I wouldn't bring him back period. He missed his payday. Schaub makes mistakes, but he is a good qb. Look, Vince is going to get his. He's not a good NFL QB, I'm tired of hearing he's a "winner" His franchise turned from "chokers" when they left Houston to a respectable franchise. Do they deserve it, No, do the fans there deserve it, No. Just venting. Thanks for letting me do it.

u and your 2 post contribution will be missed...the real fans will stick it out. I HAVE NEVER ONCE WISHED HOUSTON DIDNT GET THE FRANCHISE

find another bangwagon

ps - paragraphs are your friend
Old 11-29-2009   #3
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
u and your 2 post contribution will be missed...the real fans will stick it out. I HAVE NEVER ONCE WISHED HOUSTON DIDNT GET THE FRANCHISE

find another bangwagon

You're a POS another good one gone and you're wanting him to use paragraphs, man go **** yourself, it's over I hear ya JustinK4404 I'm almost there to just don't know who'd I'd root for, you know?!
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post

find another bangwagon

ps- Capitalization, punctuation and spell check are your friend. (I'm pretty sure that was a complete sentence.)
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #5
JustinK4404
Rookie

I'm venting and pissed, I have every right to be. "Real Fan" I went to the opening of the stadium and used to drive 3 hours and leave 2 little kids at home and not get home until 9 at night for a noon game to watch a piss poor product. I've never come on here and complained loss after a loss. Until this year, the losses didn't matter as much. This team should be a playoff team, period. So these hurt alot more. Don't you dare call me a "bandwagon" fan. I'm as loyal as JoeTexan, BigWig, any of those guys, back in the day I used to put my 2 cents in, by the way my "2" posts are because I forgot my original username and password. Yes, I'm glad we have a franchise, but 16 yrs! since I had a playoff team. Seriously, I've watched every play, I lived in Austin during the "Vince" envy when KEYE wouldn't show our games, so don't tell me anything or call me "bandwagon". I'm just very pissed and frustrated like everyone should be.
Old 11-29-2009   #6
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Since you're out, the point is probably moot.

PARAGRAPHS -- please.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

If I had a dollar for everytime I've read a thread like this over the past 8 years, I would almost have enough money to bring in Cowher myself.

If you're thinking about supporting another team, just do it. No reason to make a "official announcement" to the rest of the board and distract us from our own soapbox
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2009   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Justin. You cant get that vested into the Texans wins and loses. Whether we win or lose, your Monday will be the same overall.

Just enjoy having NFL football in Houston, and when they lose, go boink your girlfriend/fiance/wife/mistress/girl on the side and move on.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh......say what you will about Justin, he's got a great avatar!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #10
JustinK4404
Rookie

I'm not out, and will never be, just venting, I will never support another team. I tried when I didn't have a team and we lost the NFL but it wasn't the same. When we were awarded the franchise I knew we would suck, but it would be MY team. My point was there are times I just get so fed up, and if you don't get fed up with this you're crazy.
Bill Cowher? Really is that going to push us over the top? Do you know how many ridiculous threads I've read and you have also for years. David is the man, No he sucks, Capers will lead us, No he sucks, Kubiak is the answer, he's awful. Why not Vince?, blah, blah, blah, there are alot knee jerk reactions, that is the point of message boards to stir up conversation.
My point is I never post but was pissed and wanted to. I'm tired of this crap. I could care less if we finish with a winning record. What in the hell does 9-7 do for you? Really, does it really matter? When we were going for an 8-8 record before the 2-14 debacle when Cleveland embarrassed us and we finished 7-9, then a "non-losing" season meant something because that team was not very good. This team should be better, period.
I said at the beginning of the year this was "playoffs or bust" I knew Tenn. would be worse, no way they were going to be as good. I saw Jax as about a 6-7 win team, maybe 8-8 and honestly thought since Jim Caldwell has the personality of the floor in my house that the Colts would come back a little. I was wrong, so I'm pissed. I'm not giving up, just mad. I guess I should've worded the subject differently. Oh, I used paragraphs this time for the English teachers.
Old 11-29-2009   #11
JustinK4404
Rookie

Super Mario, thanks, That happens every Sunday night, win or lose.

Last edited by JustinK4404; 11-29-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2009   #12
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand your frustration so as everyone here Justin. No matter how long you are as Houston Texans fan does not matter rather, how deep you are as Houston Texans fan no matter W or L IMO. Just hang on and go on to next game. Heads up Justin.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #13
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to win ... And world peace.
Old 11-29-2009   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the OP (Justin) is just really frustrated and fed up, and probably didn't use the best choice of words in his original post. He's got every right to be angry at this point, and I don't think he comes off as a band wagoner, but more of just a guy that knee jerked with his anger because he's probably got a lot of passion as a fan. I'm sure most of us have had a moment or two like this while rooting for this team, but we just haven't all posted a thread like this.

Justin, I feel your pain man, but hang in there. The Texans will eventually find an era where we have a great HC and a great team of be proud of as long as Mcnair doesn't give these HC's to long of a leash which is what I thought he's already given Kubes and also did with Capers, but only one extra year. I don't know when it will be to where we finally find that HC that can get us as an elite team, but it will happen one day. It does with just about every team not named the Lions. Hang in there man.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #15
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

If you grew up a Houston fan you should be used to this. Oilers, Texans, Rockets, and Astros have all had a tendency for breaking hearts over the years. The Texans now have the talent to win, which makes it so much more frustrating. A show of hands...how many are just waiting for the bottom to fall out no matter how well we are playing? I do every time. I feel like the neighbors dog who gets beat and every time a hand is raised it will be against me. We are much more talented than we were a few years ago, but we need something extra to take us the rest of the way. Coaches are salivating to take over this team brimming with talent, that they believe with a few twists of the screw and a championship contender will be born. It is a game, that I wish I could still play but I cannot. In the end it is still just a game in which I curse the TV in hopes it will curse back, but life will continue to move forward despite my poor choice in teams to hang my hat on.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

We shall never give up we shall never surrender !!!!!!!!!!

come on guys dont give at least show up to the games for good tailgating Fun ......
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #17
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

JUSTINK4404, you are not alone. One of these days hopefully we get to see what a winning team is all about. Until then all you can do is gut it out like the rest of us, if you so choose.
Old 11-29-2009   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinK4404 View Post
Look, Vince is going to get his. He's not a good NFL QB, I'm tired of hearing he's a "winner" His franchise turned from "chokers" when they left Houston to a respectable franchise. Do they deserve it, No, do the fans there deserve it, No. Just venting. Thanks for letting me do it.
I disagree with both things here. I assume you didn't watch today's Titans game. Vince actually looked and played like a great NFL QB. He did it throwing the ball and just being clutch. I hate the Titans with the best of them and it sucks they have him but what he did today can't be denied by anyone. The guy is a "winner" and watching him you just knew he was going to get it done. The team starts off 0-6 without him, goes 5-0 with him. What else can you say? Does it suck as a Texans fan? Yeah.

Secondly, that franchise were respectable here and they are still chokers until they win a Super Bowl. Last year was one of their greatest choke jobs in their history.

Of course the scary thing is Vince made a believer out of me today and that can only mean good things for those chokers.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the only thing we as Texan fans should be on the edge of is another draft, a much higher pick than once ever imagined & maybe some closure to another debacle
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Walloftextwalloftextwalloftextwalloftextwalloftext
fail

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read