Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2009   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default I felt sorry for this team today.

After watching Schaub throw his pick six, I was not livid or booing like half of Reliant Stadium. It was honestly just sad watching this team perform out there today. I saw the look of dissapointment in the players' eyes, and they truly felt like the redheaded stepchild that they are. Sadly, this team does not have the mindset of a winner like I saw on the other sideline today. I saw Peyton strolling to the locker room at half time with that look in his eyes that he knew that the Colts would end up controlling their own outcome in this game, which they did completely. I don't know what it's going to take for them to gain that mentality, probably a coach like Cowher could do that, but honestly our team is in a free fall right now and i believe we aren't going to be able to keep our franchise players for very long. We were stupid not to lock most of these guys up in the offseason, and that will hurt us unless severe changes are made in this organization and our players can believe in what we are trying to do.

So back to our old Texans motto again. "There's always next year."
Old 11-29-2009   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I felt sorry for this team today.

u felt sorry for us i didnt and iam a diehard texan fan

other teams are watching you think they wanna spend big money and picks on some of our players i wouldnt

WHat team would spend big money on Dunta

what team is dying to get Chris myers and Chirs white

this is peoples lives here some might not have a JOb anymore in about 2 months
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I felt sorry for the 70,000+ fans in the stands who payed hard earned money to watch that sorry excuse of "football"........didn't really feel sorry for anybody else.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-29-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I felt sorry for the 70,000+ fans in the stands who played hard earned money to watch that sorry excuse of "football"........didn't really feel sorry for anybody else.
I feel sorry for Andre Johnson.

To the point the Texans should just do this guy justice and trade him to a contending team if they don't plan on winning anytime soon.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #5
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post

To the point the Texans should just do this guy justice and trade him to a contending team if they don't plan on winning anytime soon.
If hes playing for another team would he be more motivated to hold onto that TD pass that he dropped? I love Andre too but I don't feel sorry for him after this game.
Old 11-29-2009   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I felt sorry for all you guys when I turned on the TV after accidentally oversleeping through the first half.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #7
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
If hes playing for another team would he be more motivated to hold onto that TD pass that he dropped? I love Andre too but I don't feel sorry for him after this game.
Yeah but we all know 9 times out of 10 that is a TD. It's not like he was hurting the team...ever...all season long.

Yes I do feel sorry for him, he didn't look too happy knowing that another season gone and he still has yet to see the playoffs. I'm not saying he wants out...just that a competitor like that has to be tired of this year after year.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2009   #8
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Him leaving scares the crap out of me. It's sad to think your team sucks so bad that the best player wants to leave.

A serious move needs to be made to show a commitment to winning.
Old 11-29-2009   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't feel sorry for AJ anymore than I felt sorry for Earl Cambell. In fact, I'm glad we have AJ.

At this point the only person that can save the Texans is the owner. And we all know what he can do to affect the team.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

time to pass out the teddy grahams and juice boxes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #11
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

It's taking its toll on the kids -
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
"A childs face says it all. Especially the mouth part."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #13
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I felt sorry for the 70,000+ fans in the stands who payed hard earned money to watch that sorry excuse of "football"........didn't really feel sorry for anybody else.
This was my first Texans game at Reliant. I live in California, but back in Houston visiting the family for Thanksgiving. This was a perfect opportunity for me to check out a Texans game... so I shelled out some big bucks to get good seats for me, my wife, sister, and bro-in-law. Since the good seats were already sold out by the time I was looking into tickets, I had to go the more expensive route through stub-hub.

To make a long story short... I felt sorry for myself as well.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #14
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

i felt sorry for the children.....
Old 11-30-2009   #15
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i loled when i saw that in a sad way.
Old 11-30-2009   #16
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah but we all know 9 times out of 10 that is a TD. It's not like he was hurting the team...ever...all season long.

Yes I do feel sorry for him, he didn't look too happy knowing that another season gone and he still has yet to see the playoffs. I'm not saying he wants out...just that a competitor like that has to be tired of this year after year.
Dre is dropping close to 1 in 7 this year, so it would actually be a TD 6 out of 7 times, not 9 out of 10.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't feel sorry for anyone.

I don't feel sorry for the fans. The majority of our games have been really exciting this year. We are a fun team to watch, and win or lose, a good game is a good game. Its your choice to pay the money or not. You aren't being forced. If you don't enjoy the games, dont watch them. Easy fix.

The players are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game for their job. I dont feel sorry for them at all. Least of all the superstars like AJ, who are having hall of fame careers and getting endorsement deals and cover articles. Hes regarded as the best WR in football since Kubiak's system and Schaubs arm came to Houston. He'll get a huge payday again before he's done. Whats there to feel sorry for?

I don't feel sorry for McNair. He's getting silly rich from football in Houston.

Football is a game. Whether win or lose, the Texans record have no real bearing on your life. Its entertainment. The games are fun. Am I pissed when they lose? Of course. But the misplaced pity is a little much. At the end of the day, everyone who went to the game and everyone who played in it probably wouldn't change their day if they knew what was going to happen at the end. If you aren't enjoying the games anymore, why do you go?
Old 11-30-2009   #18
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Great, even our children are getting the Capers face.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

9 times out of 10 means nothing. we needed that one against the colts.
Old 11-30-2009   #20
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:

Then he needs to step up his game. Believe it or not AJ is a player on this team and is part of the problem. He makes unbelievable highlight reel one handed grabs then drops gimmes.

Part of the problem.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read