Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2009   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Very easy stretch coming up

At Jacksonville,
Seattle
At StL
at Miami

Those are 4 very winnable games, which would put us at 9-6. Im not saying we've got any shot at the postseason, but don't be surprised if the Texans do just enough at the end of the sesaon with nothing on the line to save the coaching staff.

At 5-6, its easy to think we're about to see some changes during the offseason. But this team has a tendency to save coaches in the final weeks of the season, and I can easily see it happening again this year
Old 11-29-2009   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Very easy stretch coming up

I see us losing to both Florida teams. We're definitely due to lose at Miami.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we lose next week. If we had won the game today I think I would have guaranteed a loss next week.
Old 11-29-2009   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't care at this point to tell you the truth, I'm still on the "should've drafted VY" saga..
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt we beat Jax next Sunday. Then, of course, we will win 4 in a row to finish the season, because we will already be out of the playoffs.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #6
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Don't care at this point to tell you the truth, I'm still on the "should've drafted VY" saga..
Not one of those.....
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #7
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Not one of those.....
Yea sorry, just had to state the fact...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2009   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
At Jacksonville,
Seattle
At StL
at Miami

Those are 4 very winnable games, which would put us at 9-6. Im not saying we've got any shot at the postseason, but don't be surprised if the Texans do just enough at the end of the sesaon with nothing on the line to save the coaching staff.

At 5-6, its easy to think we're about to see some changes during the offseason. But this team has a tendency to save coaches in the final weeks of the season, and I can easily see it happening again this year
This is exactly what im afraid of. Im sick of winning meaningless games at the end of the season. If you want something to help you decide if you are ready for a coaching change, go back and look at our record up to the point each season where we are out of the playoff picture.
Old 11-29-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I see us losing to both Florida teams. We're definitely due to lose at Miami.
*looks for Tampa on the schedule...

I see this L.A. team on here though...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #10
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
*looks for Tampa on the schedule...

I see this L.A. team on here though...
I meant the two Florida teams we have to play.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

well once we are knocked out of the playoff picture, this team will make it's yearly run
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think these 2 losses will be excused.... Kubiak lost his job today barring a miracle
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

When the pressure is off that's when Kubiak's Texans turn it on!!!

It sucks that its such a true statement
Old 11-29-2009   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Kubes has to run the table to save his job.
Old 11-29-2009   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
the incredible Vince Young would never turnover the ball in crucial situations and would of course inspire the defense to stop sucking in crucial situations. because he's the greatest football player in the history of the National Football League

you all will probably beat Miami.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Math a mattically we are not out of the Playoffs yet

I think if we lose at JAx tho i think Math wise we are pretty much out since jags would win a tiebreaker
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the incredible Vince Young would never turnover the ball in crucial situations and would of course inspire the defense to stop sucking in crucial situations. because he's the greatest football player in the history of the National Football League
Are you be any chance from Austin?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Which sets up pefectly for a Texans run to mediocrity and looking like a better 8-8 team than last year...
Old 11-29-2009   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
At Jacksonville,
Seattle
At StL
at Miami

the smartest guy in the room is coaching the greatest .500 team in the history of the league. Time to turn it on now that nothing is on the line. Go Big Blew!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Math a mattically we are not out of the Playoffs yet
did a real human being just post this? Coco is this you?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read