Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2009   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Accountability

OK, first off, go ahead and fire Kubiak. I don't really care. His record deserves it, and he's a big boy, so he knew what was on the line.

Now that we have that out of the way, why the hell are so many of you giving the players a free pass? All season long, you ***** about individual players like Chris Myers, Chris Brown, Kris Brown, Antonio Weaver, Dunta Robinson, Amobi Okoye, John Busing, and even Mario Williams. Yet when we lose a game, it's all on the coaches? The players are the ones out there trying to execute the plan. Hell, Eric Winston addressed this on the radio saying he doesn't know where the hell y'all are coming from. He says they're as prepared as anyone, and then they go out and fail.

And I'm pretty sure it's not in the playcall for Schaub to make bad reads on the defense and throw pick sixes. In fact, I'm damn certain of it. I'm also sure the coaches didn't call for Slaton to fumble away the first half of the season. And some of you were bitching at Kubiak for not putting him back out there to fumble some more!! I'm pretty sure it's not in the playcall to carry the ball down low where the DL can swipe it out of your hands, especially when the same play was on film from Rosenfels last year.

Bottom line - you can fire the coaches all you want (and they will be fired, I'm sure, and deservedly so), but you're still going to be stuck with Schaub at QB, who looks great until it matters. You're still going to be stuck with an OL that looks good one quarter and plays like crap the next. You're still going to have a secondary that isn't up to par.

And the only reason we're even that good is because of Kubiak and the rest of the coaches. Oh, I know, Rick Smith is a god, blah blah blah. Kubiak hired Rick Smith, not the other way around.
Old 11-29-2009   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
OK, first off, go ahead and fire Kubiak. I don't really care. His record deserves it, and he's a big boy, so he knew what was on the line.

Now that we have that out of the way, why the hell are so many of you giving the players a free pass? All season long, you ***** about individual players like Chris Myers, Chris Brown, Kris Brown, Antonio Weaver, Dunta Robinson, Amobi Okoye, John Busing, and even Mario Williams. Yet when we lose a game, it's all on the coaches? The players are the ones out there trying to execute the plan. Hell, Eric Winston addressed this on the radio saying he doesn't know where the hell y'all are coming from. He says they're as prepared as anyone, and then they go out and fail.

And I'm pretty sure it's not in the playcall for Schaub to make bad reads on the defense and throw pick sixes. In fact, I'm damn certain of it. I'm also sure the coaches didn't call for Slaton to fumble away the first half of the season. And some of you were bitching at Kubiak for not putting him back out there to fumble some more!! I'm pretty sure it's not in the playcall to carry the ball down low where the DL can swipe it out of your hands, especially when the same play was on film from Rosenfels last year.

Bottom line - you can fire the coaches all you want (and they will be fired, I'm sure, and deservedly so), but you're still going to be stuck with Schaub at QB, who looks great until it matters. You're still going to be stuck with an OL that looks good one quarter and plays like crap the next. You're still going to have a secondary that isn't up to par.

And the only reason we're even that good is because of Kubiak and the rest of the coaches. Oh, I know, Rick Smith is a god, blah blah blah. Kubiak hired Rick Smith, not the other way around.
Why are so sure that the new coaching staff will not make changes in the offseason on the roster?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Kubiak is the one sticking all those players out there regardless if we know and everybody else in the NFL knows that they suck.

Kubiak is the reason why Myers is our starting center.... Kubiak is the reason why Dunta hasn't been benched yet despite the fact that he picks up a PI call in just about every game. Kubiak is the one who brought this PANSY ASS offensive line scheme that has cost us so many games and Kubiak is the one who brought the outdated ZBS w/ Alex Gibbs and the philosophy that you don't need to make a big investment to get a big time RB......which has cost us even more games. The inconsistent running game has killed this team and has been his biggest black eye throughout his 4 year span here.

Kubiak can kick rocks for all I care and all the excuse making for him is getting old....when you get down to it, He simply is NOT A HEAD COACH. He never has been....he mentioned the flaws since day one and just prayed he could grow into the position, but he hasn't been able to do it.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-29-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Why are so sure that the new coaching staff will not make changes in the offseason on the roster?
I hope like hell they will, just like Kubiak has done every season he's been here. Turning over an entire roster takes time, unless you have an owner who just starts to shell out stupid money like Dan Snyder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

Kubiak is the one sticking all those players out there regardless if we know and everybody else in the NFL knows that they suck.

Kubiak is the reason why Myers is our starting center.... Kubiak is the reason why Dunta hasn't been benched yet despite the fact that he picks up a PI call in just about every game. Kubiak is the one who brought this PANSY ASS offensive line scheme that has cost us so many games and Kubiak is the one who brought the outdated ZBS and the philosiphy that you don't need to make a big investment to get a big time RB......which has cost us even more games.

Kubiak can kick rocks for all I care and all the excuse making for him is getting old.
First off, you're right about Kubiak putting them out there. So he will get fired, as I said.

Now, separately (try and develop a parallel thought process), the players play like crap. It doesn't matter who put them on the field for the 60 minutes during a game. That evaluation takes place in the offseason. The players are not getting the job done, and all the excuse making for them is getting old.
Old 11-29-2009   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the good thing is if Kubiak gets fired then most likely the new coach will clean house of the players that arent getting it done.
Old 11-29-2009   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope like hell they will, just like Kubiak has done every season he's been here. Turning over an entire roster takes time, unless you have an owner who just starts to shell out stupid money like Dan Snyder.

First off, you're right about Kubiak putting them out there. So he will get fired, as I said.

Now, separately (try and develop a parallel thought process), the players play like crap. It doesn't matter who put them on the field for the 60 minutes during a game. That evaluation takes place in the offseason. The players are not getting the job done, and all the excuse making for them is getting old.
I don't really see people making excuses for them. I've stated for a couple of years that Myers sucks ass, that Slaton will have a off year this season, and that Dunta needs to go and he's our worst corner.

People are making excuses for Schaub, but maybe it's just obvious that Schuab isn't a QB who you can solely put the game on his arm and he needs a good running game.

A part of good coaching is putting players in best position to succeed.

Making Dunta who's can no longer start in this league start every week....is not good coaching and all you're doing is setting him up for failure.

Making Myers your starting center when it's obvious he physically isn't strong enough is just setting him up for failure also.

Asking Schaub to pass nearly every damn down is setting him up for failure also.....that and sticking him behind the softest offensive line.

Not getting your breakout receiver and this year's best playmaker on the field more often is not putting your players in position to succeed either......but if by some miracle Kubes gets another year I'm sure we'll hear the famous quote "Well I should've gotten him on the field more often" like we heard with Kevin Walter.

The guy simply sits on his hands and takes too long to make the moves that NEED TO BE MADE and moves that most successful head coaches routinely make on the fly.

Vinny has been right since day 1.......this team moves at a glacial pace.
Old 11-29-2009   #7
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Well the good thing is if Kubiak gets fired then most likely the new coach will clean house of the players that arent getting it done.
Exactly, but we will be back to square one...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2009   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Exactly, but we will be back to square one...
If square one is 8-8... we're at square one right now.

This team has too much talent to take a complete nose dive....even with a new coach. We hire the right coach and we should be competing for a playoff spot. ala Falcons and Ravens '08

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-29-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2009   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have that it factor . The problem is , there's a sh in front of it .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
LMAO.....sad, but true.
Old 11-29-2009   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You're lucky I was in between beers, or else .
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #12
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, lets have some accountability.

Andre Johnson is near the top of the league in drops. I think only TO has more.
Steve Slaton can't hold onto the football, or see a running lane to save his life.
Schaub has 2 complete WTF moments every damn game, even if they don't show up on the stat sheet.
The O-line stinks. Nothing more needs to be said.
Brown is the worst "power back" EVER.
Our D-Line doesn't provide consistent pressure, and other than a 4-5 game stretch has sucked something fierce against the run.
Smith sucks against the run. Yes, he warrants special notice.
After a promising start to the season Okoye is fading.
Ryans can't cover.
Cushing can't cover, but atleast he makes big plays to make up for it.
Diles has been getting worse against the run as the season has gone on.
Pollard can't cover.
Wilson can't stay healthy. Not his fault, but damn.
Our backups in the secondary stink.
D-Rob needs to keep his hands to himself in coverage, and learn how to form tackle.
Kubiak has no killer instinct, coaches scared, sucks at challenges, and has made terrible personnel decisions.
Bush is back to being a bad DC.
We have what, 5 O-Line coaches, and they can't produce a decent line? Srsly?
Rick Smith has been here for 3 years now, and Cushing is probably going to be his only probowler.

and so on.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

Steve Slaton can't hold onto the football, or see a running lane to save his life.
Schaub has 2 complete WTF moments every damn game, even if they don't show up on the stat sheet.
Our D-Line doesn't provide consistent pressure, and other than a 4-5 game stretch has sucked something fierce against the run.
Ryans can't cover.
Pollard can't cover.
D-Rob needs to keep his hands to himself in coverage, and learn how to form tackle.
Kubiak has no killer instinct, coaches scared, sucks at challenges, and has made terrible personnel decisions.
Rick Smith has been here for 3 years now, and Cushing is probably going to be his only probowler.

and so on.

geez kubiak should be coach of the year for even managing to win 1 game this year with all the crap players on this team. did i mention ?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #14
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

geez kubiak should be coach of the year for even managing to win 1 game this year with all the crap players on this team. did i mention ?
The thread is about accountability. Just because a player is good doesn't mean they don't do things wrong.

If you don't want to read about players being held accountable, then... don't read a thread titled "Accountability". It's just that simple.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #15
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Great coaches put players in a position to win the game.

So say Kubiak isn't a great coach, call him average even.

Looked like the players didn't hold up their end of the bargain.
Old 11-29-2009   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire coaches and players 2002

They suck

Get new ones 2003

they suck

Fire them get new ones 2004

THey suck

Fire them get new ones 2007

They suck

Fire them 2009

get new ones 2010 ???????????????????????????

Its a vicious cycle
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

They suck

Get new ones 2003

they suck

THey suck

They suck

Fire them 2009

Its a vicious cycle
Yes, it is. We need to stop it! Fire everyone and start over!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #18
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Forget the , "FIRE EVERYONE" mentality for just a second. I know you all are just as mad, disgusted and shell schocked as I am. Here's my question. WHO DO YOU HAVE TO ****, IN ORDER TO GET 60 MINUTES OF NFL FOOTBALL ?
Old 11-29-2009   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

They suck

Get new ones 2003

they suck

THey suck

They suck

Fire them 2009

Its a vicious cycle

LMAO......we've only cleaned house one time. You're making up cycles to make some case that isn't even there. LOL, who the hell did we "fire" in 2002?
Old 11-29-2009   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

Ryans can't cover.
Pollard can't cover.

and so on.
Rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Great coaches put players in a position to win the game.

So say Kubiak isn't a great coach, call him average even.

Looked like the players didn't hold up their end of the bargain.
That's it. The coaches haven't done their job as well as a championship staff should, but I think people are deluding themselves into believing that firing Kubiak is going to solve this team's problems.

This team still has holes. That's just a reality spawned from the garbage that Kubiak inherited. Sure, he's gotten almost all the players currently on the roster, but you really think John Busing would be on alf the NFL's rosters? Think Zac Diles would be a starter? Shaun Cody shouldn't be a starter. Studdard, Brisiel, and Myers shouldn't be starting. Some of our backups might not make a good team's roster. So you can say that Kubiak got them, so it's his fault, but look at who else he has gotten. There are only so many draft picks to go around, and this regime hasn't done too shabby, all things considered. They've missed on a few, but other teams have missed more.

That doesn't excuse Kubiak's game management at all, but it does illustrate that we still have a talent gap to overcome, mostly in the trenches.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read