Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2009   #1
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sadly, these losses will help us in the long run.

These losses this year, while heartbreaking, will help this franchise in the long run. The first obvious reason is that this will simply move us to a higher position in the draft where we can fill some gaping holes on this team. Secondly, I believe that we have a strong core with this team, and guys like 'Meco, Cush, Pollard, 'Dre and so on, will not forget these tough times and will come back with a vengeance next season.
Third, the more we lose the closer we get to a new coach.

I know we all desperately wanted playoffs this year, but it is apparent that this team simply has too many holes in it. We need to see improvements at FS, DT, CB and O-line before we can be a legit contender. Our game-planning needs to be smarter, and our intensity level (particularly on offense) needs to be higher and more consistent. Some of these issues can be solved from within our organization as our young players gain more experience, but others need to be addressed elsewhere.

This team is close, but we are just not there yet. Go Texans.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #2
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 11175 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sadly, these losses will help us in the long run.

Great analysis.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
These losses this year, while heartbreaking, will help this franchise in the long run. The first obvious reason is that this will simply move us to a higher position in the draft where we can fill some gaping holes on this team. Secondly, I believe that we have a strong core with this team, and guys like 'Meco, Cush, Pollard, 'Dre and so on, will not forget these tough times and will come back with a vengeance next season.

I know we all desperately wanted playoffs this year, but it is apparent that this team simply has too many holes in it. We need to see improvements at FS, DT, CB and O-line before we can be a legit contender. Our game-planning needs to be smarter, and our intensity level (particularly on offense) needs to be higher and more consistent. Some of these issues can be solved from within our organization as our young players gain more experience, but others need to be addressed elsewhere.

There's one flaw to your logic. What if AJ's uncle is right and they decide to force a trade at the end of the season? What if DeMeco says, "Thanks but no thanks...you could've paid me when you had the chance now I want to go to an established winner!" and ditto for OD? What if Dunta has a change of heart and says he'll stay with us as long as its written in his contract we let him cover the other team's # 1 WR all game (YIKES AT THAT SCENARIO!!!)?

Basically, if we do not get a coach this team can believe in (like the chin in my avatar) then the young core will decide they want to leave rather than wasting their prime playing for a team that has never made the playoffs and taking an unproven HC's "word" that he'll get the team right.

You could see the look on the players faces...on Bob Mcnair's face even. This team and hopefully the owner has given up on Kubiak.
Old 11-29-2009   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
There's one flaw to your logic. What if AJ's uncle is right and they decide to force a trade at the end of the season? What if DeMeco says, "Thanks but no thanks...you could've paid me when you had the chance now I want to go to an established winner!" and ditto for OD? What if Dunta has a change of heart and says he'll stay with us as long as its written in his contract we let him cover the other team's # 1 WR all game (YIKES AT THAT SCENARIO!!!)?

Basically, if we do not get a coach this team can believe in (like the chin in my avatar) then the young core will decide they want to leave rather than wasting their prime playing for a team that has never made the playoffs and taking an unproven HC's "word" that he'll get the team right.

You could see the look on the players faces...on Bob Mcnair's face even. This team and hopefully the owner has given up on Kubiak.
I think bofe.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #5
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You could play the "what if" game with any team. My point was not at all to say that Kubiak needs to be our coach, in fact one of my points was that these losses with help us get a new coach.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #6
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Another area of needed improvement with the coaching is the inability to make adjustments at halftime.
Old 11-29-2009   #7
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm tired of hear about "moral victories" and how we can bounce back and that this loss will "teach" us....whether in the long or whenever we need change NOW!....This thread statement has been our motto for almost a decade...I want to win!
Old 11-29-2009   #8
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Sadly, these losses will help us in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post

I felt that way 2 years ago. The problem is we keep getting new young players, but our record stays the same... and we're not even a .500 team any more
Old 11-29-2009   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Losses never help. Didn't you learn anything from the 2-14 season? A losing team takes time to get over its loser ways. Our team has a culture of losing. It doesn't expect to beat the Colts. Up 17-0 today, I GUARANTEE You the Texans players were nervous. They knew the Colts were going to come back.

The only thing that losing helps is more losing.
Anyone who cheers for a loss in order to get a new coach or new players is just wishing more of the same
Old 11-29-2009   #10
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Horrible analysis. Losing games do not help build franchises...finding players that can make plays in key situations and getting coaching that put those players in a position to make said plays are the keys. Our fans have been trying to find these types of silver linings in losses for several years now...only to be disappointed the next season.

And speaking of next season, next year's schedule is not going to be nearly as friendly as this year's (we play the NFC East/AFC West). Can you imagine if we had to replace Seattle/San Fran/St. Louis with Dallas/Philly/Giants this year? Ouch.
Old 11-29-2009   #11
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Horrible analysis. Losing games do not help build franchises...finding players that can make plays in key situations and getting coaching that put those players in a position to make said plays are the keys. Our fans have been trying to find these types of silver linings in losses for several years now...only to be disappointed the next season.

And speaking of next season, next year's schedule is not going to be nearly as friendly as this year's (we play the NFC East/AFC West). Can you imagine if we had to replace Seattle/San Fran/St. Louis with Dallas/Philly/Giants this year? Ouch.
Awesome Dallas?! About time... oh it's on and I'll be back from Afghanistan, hell I'll go to both games...I never bought a jersey but Ima make sure I buy one w/ Cushing he's a beast regardless what happens this year he's my player to represent the Texans...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
there's one flaw to your logic- they're all either RFA's/under contract
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #13
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Awesome Dallas?! About time... oh it's on and I'll be back from Afghanistan, hell I'll go to both games...I never bought a jersey but Ima make sure I buy one w/ Cushing he's a beast regardless what happens this year he's my player to represent the Texans...
You bet, and it is in Houston (as well as the Giants) - Philly and Skins on the road.

Thanks for your service...what branch? Look me up when you get back and I will find you a ticket for the Cowgirls....
Old 11-29-2009   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

A new coach i dont think will help us get any closer to a SB

what if we do get a new coach he sucks for 5 years then we hit the reset button yet agian in 2014 ....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #15
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what makes me feel like a winner?

Losing.

Are you serious? This team has been losing it's ass off for quite some time now and where has it gotten them.

If you want success you have to WIN the damn game. I'm done even looking just at the NFL. MLB - Yankees = wins. NHL - Wings = wins. Rugby - New Zealand All Blacks - win win win, Soccer - World wide, Manchester United, Aresenal, Real Madrid, Winning makes winning happen. Not losing These are teams that have stopped at nothing to win. 80,000 people showed up to the stadium for Real Madrid when they signed Renaldo to the biggest contract ever. Did they sign him to the biggest contract EVER just to feel good about losing and MORAL victories? Are you freaking serious. A winning attitude on a team makes winning happen. When you have a team with a history of winning a losing team is embarrassed to be a part of it, like they are letting down their history.

Tearing off 5 losses in a row is in no way a positive. We aren't there yet but we very well could be.
Old 11-29-2009   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
A new coach i dont think will help us get any closer to a SB

what if we do get a new coach he sucks for 5 years then we hit the reset button yet agian in 2014 ....
What if we sit on our ass and we're stuck in mediocrity hell for another 4 years. Being scared of the "what if" is not a reason to not make a move. It's time. 4 years is LONG ENOUGH, especially when the past two 8-8 seasons (assuming we're anywhere near that mark this year) have been underachieving seasons.

Newsflash......going 8-8 in this season is NOTHING SPECIAL, any mediocre head coach can pull that off. I seriously don't understand what all these people are afraid of losing by losing a 8-8 coach.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-29-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

To tell you the truth, I'm still more upset about the bad interference call than the loss. I think that crap is blatant favoritism and that it seriously changes morale in a game.

I'm almost done with pro sports because of that crap. Trust me, you won't miss me when I stop watching and the Texans reel off about 5 SBs in 7 years anyway. I have a seriously negative effect on the teams I watch.

They should have red flags for penalty calls and refs should be fired more often. Of course, you have to start with their crooked employers who want them to favor certain players and teams in the first place.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Honstly i cant wait to Tear up Dallas

SKins dont scare me

Giants do they got a manning

and philly Pfff plzzzzz

Last time we played denver we smoked them

Teh radiers Ok i give them probs they beat us

KC yeah good young team not better then us tho

and yeah san deigo scares me
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #19
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Honstly i cant wait to Tear up Dallas

SKins dont scare me

Giants do they got a manning

and philly Pfff plzzzzz

Last time we played denver we smoked them

Teh radiers Ok i give them probs they beat us

KC yeah good young team not better then us tho

and yeah san deigo scares me
I'm assuming you are talking about next year already? The way this team is playing you just rattled off 5 losses at least.
Old 11-29-2009   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Another area of needed improvement with the coaching is the inability to make adjustments at halftime.
I've got a great idea..............let's switch coaches at halftime!!!!!!!!!!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read