Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Bad Omen continues..........

This game was not surprising at all. At halftime I told my bud that we were going to lose and Indy would come back. WHy? Well, because that is exactly what I expect out of the Texans against a good team like the Colts as sad as that sounds and t happens every time we are in close games against the Colts and even with a new coach they still beat us this way. I could smell the bad omen entering the equation. Once Manning threw that first TD in the second half I'm sure most fans could start to feel it in their souls. They knew what was coming in the next hour.

I expected a dull second half on offense as well. That's pretty much what the Texans have been all year. Either starting off very slow or starting off great where they dwindle. No consistency, and now the Texans are on a 3 game losing streak.

This team needs to make a change badly.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #2
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bad Omen continues..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This game was not surprising at all. At halftime I told my bud that we were going to lose and Indy would come back. WHy? Well, because that is exactly what I expect out of the Texans against a good team like the Colts as sad as that sounds and t happens every time we are in close games against the Colts and even with a new coach they still beat us this way. I could smell the bad omen entering the equation. Once Manning threw that first TD in the second half I'm sure most fans could start to feel it in their souls. They knew what was coming in the next hour.

I expected a dull second half on offense as well. That's pretty much what the Texans have been all year. Either starting off very slow or starting off great where they dwindle. No consistency, and now the Texans are on a 3 game losing streak.

The day Manning is gone is the day the Colts will lose a ton of games. I swear the guy is a magician and can pull a win out of nowhere and with young talent all around him.
Old 11-29-2009   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Truth be told...I felt the same way when they only converted field goals instead of TD's in the first half. Especially after the pick by Cushing.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
The day Manning is gone is the day the Colts will lose a ton of games. I swear the guy is a magician and can pull a win out of nowhere and with young talent all around him.
Did you see how he overthrew his WR...yet still got 40+ yards on the play?

Simply amazing.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It does not happen often, but tonight Manning didnt beat us, we did that ourselves through horrible second half playcalling.
Old 11-29-2009   #6
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Did you see how he overthrew his WR...yet still got 40+ yards on the play?

Simply amazing.
The guy is the second coming of Marino, but he actually has had good teams unlike Dan.
Old 11-29-2009   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Same here. I called my brother, and asked "how do you think its gonna happen?"

Its sad to say about your team, but we choke when it comes to big games.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2009   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
It does not happen often, but tonight Manning didnt beat us, we did that ourselves through horrible second half playcalling.
We turned turtle big time, until the last 2 min. or so.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #9
CDNTexansFan
GloverQuinFan

Rep Power: 0 CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan

Watched the game with my roommate who is a Colts fan, the entire first half he's freaking out as we're moving the ball at will and the Colts can't do a thing. I kept asking him why he was getting so upset, that the Texans weren't going to be able to hold the lead. Sure enough the Colts storm back, the flood of "Texans suck" and "sorry for what happened man" texts start hitting my cell phone and all I'm left to say back is "not surprised in the least."

The sad thing is, with the garbage schedule we have coming up we're not even going to be able to tank properly so that we can get a decent pick. 8-8 or 9-7 and good for a 16-20 draft pick. Awesome.
CDNTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNTexansFan View Post
Watched the game with my roommate who is a Colts fan, the entire first half he's freaking out as we're moving the ball at will and the Colts can't do a thing. I kept asking him why he was getting so upset, that the Texans weren't going to be able to hold the lead. Sure enough the Colts storm back, the flood of "Texans suck" and "sorry for what happened man" texts start hitting my cell phone and all I'm left to say back is "not surprised in the least."

The sad thing is, with the garbage schedule we have coming up we're not even going to be able to tank properly so that we can get a decent pick. 8-8 or 9-7 and good for a 16-20 draft pick. Awesome.
15 to 20 or so is probably the best place in the draft to get value for your money, assuming you don't take a player who is too young and pay him for years waiting for him to grow up.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #11
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
15 to 20 or so is probably the best place in the draft to get value for your money, assuming you don't take a player who is too young and pay him for years waiting for him to grow up.
All I see is Earl Thomas on the draft card
Old 11-29-2009   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Toby Gerhart imo. This city needs Earl Campbell 2.0
Old 11-29-2009   #13
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can Thomas declare? He's a sophomore.

I love the guy, btw. He is exactly what we need in our secondary.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #14
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Toby Gerhart imo. This city needs Earl Campbell 2.0
I should rephrase my post and say that Thomas is who the Texans need under Kubiak, but if a new coach comes in its all in the air. I do like the kids style even though he looks like a hobbit/elf.
Old 11-29-2009   #15
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNTexansFan View Post

"I'll take a new head coach for $1000 Alex."

I sent that text to my brother-in-law Colts fan.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #16
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 32907 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I should rephrase my post and say that Thomas is who the Texans need under Kubiak, but if a new coach comes in its all in the air. I do like the kids style even though he looks like a hobbit/elf.
Unfortunately I think we have our Earl Campbell. Andre Johnson is our new Earl, he may never get to see the Super Bowl during his career here, as much as it pains me to say that and phrase it that way.
Old 11-29-2009   #17
rellufnalla
Rookie

[quote=LonerATO;1310782]The day Manning is gone is the day the Colts will lose a ton of games. I swear the guy is a magician and can pull a win out of nowhere and with young talent all around him.[/QUOTE

The Texans had their chance in the QB dept - and that bad omen is starting to haunt them.
When you get to Pflugerville,
Don't even bother slowing down!
rellufnalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #18
rellufnalla
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
We turned turtle big time, until the last 2 min. or so.
Yeah, the Texans could use a QB that knows how to use those last two minutes.
When you get to Pflugerville,
Don't even bother slowing down!
rellufnalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah drew brees would have been a great FA pick up
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Unfortunately I think we have our Earl Campbell. Andre Johnson is our new Earl, he may never get to see the Super Bowl during his career here, as much as it pains me to say that and phrase it that way.
Yeah, that a sad thing to say. Earl, deserved it, and so does Dre IMO.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read