Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2009   #701
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gameday Thread: Colts vs Texans 11-29-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatson_Coltfan View Post
By the way, that PI was bogus. Yes, I could see interference. No. It was not catchable and I thought it was clearly uncatchable.

The Houston play in the endzone was unquestionably not a touchdown. It's a simple rule. If the ball is caught in the endzone, the receiver has to maintain of control of it throughout contact with the ground. He did not. I was incredulous that it was challenged. I thought everyone other than Dan Dierdorf understood the rule.
Most of us do know the TD throw to AJ was an incompletion. I kinda think the rule oughta be changed, but the rules are the rules. Having said that, I would've challenged it too. I think all pro sports refs, umps, etc. are biased and encouraged to be so....and it was AJ, so it was worth a shot.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #702
Soonerborn03
Rookie

Just got home and turned on the game. What happened to Schaub?
Soonerborn03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #703
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

VY and the Titans gettin' blown off the field 21-3. Still feel bad about losing
to Indy AT Indy?
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #704
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Crap, they're showing everyone else's post game conference except ours....guess they know too what he was going to say....
Old 09-07-2010   #705
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Wow. AJ pulled up on a route!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Texan View Post
Meltdown completly im off,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Schaub you *****! Well, the first half was fun anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
uh oh....
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Here it goes again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
mario shows up to the game!
I'm watching this game again, trying to get in the mood. I just got finished watching INT, where Schaub & Andre were out of Sync.

The defense came out and made a stand. Manning connected with Garcon with his first pass for a first down. But after that, Mario gets a sack, he thanks Amobi, because Amobi is in Manning's face, preventing him from stepping up. 2nd & 18, Mario is throwing Manning down as he throws the ball. 3rd & 15 Barwin is in Manning's face on a stunt, Amobi is drapped around Manning's waist as he throws.

They punt, Jacoby receives it at the 5, 5 yard return.
Old 09-07-2010   #706
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans self destruct from here. 1st play is a bootleg that their line backer sniffs out. Chris brown picks up 4 yards on a run. 3rd & 6 turns into 3rd & 11, with a Chris White false start. Slaton picks up 7 yards on a screen. We punt on 4th down.

They get a fair catch on their 35 (great punt by the Turk).

Mario misses Addai (strong inside rush), running out of the shotgun. The D stops him for 2 yards. Next play, Mario is throwing himself at Manning, as he completes a screen. Cushing hits D.Clark 3 yards short of the first down (looks like he rung Clark’s bell). They don’t convert on third down (my wife & daughter took over the TV, so I can’t look) they are short by inches, and have to go for it on 4th down (they are still on their side of the field). It’s a run, stretch to the right, Cushing is in the backfield, trips up Addai, Adai skips across for the first down.

Colts continue their drive (into the 4th Qtr), which ends with a missed 32 yard field goal (Matt Stover, wide right).

Two possessions after the Matt Schaub INT, the Colts put up 0 points.

20-14 Texans
Old 09-07-2010   #707
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

We get the ball back, 12 yard run by Chris Brown, 1 yard run by Chris Brown, 3 yard dump off to Slaton, incomplete pass intended for David Anderson.

We take 1 minute and 51 seconds off the game clock & punt the ball back to Indy (they start at their 11 yard line, march the field (with the help of a 17 yard PI by Dunta Robinson), 6 yard TD by Dallas Clark (go figure).

Why didn’t we win?

I think it’s that mindset Dungy was talking about.
Old 09-07-2010   #708
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We get the ball back, 12 yard run by Chris Brown, 1 yard run by Chris Brown, 3 yard dump off to Slaton, incomplete pass intended for David Anderson.

We take 1 minute and 51 seconds off the game clock & punt the ball back to Indy (they start at their 11 yard line, march the field (with the help of a 17 yard PI by Dunta Robinson), 6 yard TD by Dallas Clark (go figure).

Why didnít we win?

I think itís that mindset Dungy was talking about.
Great research and report TK. I think we're past that. Proof's in the puddin' Sunday.

Rep

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read