Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-30-2009   #21
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's started Austin

So if it was sold in Feb 2007, that would include all the games from 2007. The Texans were repeatedly preempted in 2007. Vinson was a good guy. I've had the exact same experience as you have with Dusty Granberry.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #22
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVP
Thumbs down Re: It's started Austin

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2009/13-CBS.html

Austin to get HOU/JAX.

In other news, KEYE sucks.
VY 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #23
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVP

Here's the tidbit about KEYE from wikipedia.

Quote:
On February 7, 2007, CBS agreed to sell seven of its stations to Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., for $185 million. Cerberus formed a new holding company for the stations, Four Points Media Group, who took over the operation of the stations through local marketing agreements in late-June 2007.[1] On January 10, 2008, Four Points officially became the owner of the stations. Four Points operated the stations outright until March 20, 2009 when it entered into a three-year local service agreement (LSA) with the Irving, Texas-based Nexstar Broadcasting Group. The latter company then took over the management of all of the Four Points stations including KEYE. In August 2009, CBS42 was dropped in favor of KEYE-TV News, and the station website address was changed to weareaustin.com.
You're right about the 2007 season. I dont know why Dusty is pulling the "out of my control" card all of a sudden then.
Old 11-30-2009   #24
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY 4 LIFE View Post
You're right about the 2007 season. I dont know why Dusty is pulling the "out of my control" card all of a sudden then.
I already explained it in my last post however here is a visual.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #25
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I already explained it in my last post however here is a visual.

Kurt Warner's throwing deer?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #26
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://the506.com/nflmaps/2009/13-CBS.html

Austin to get HOU/JAX.

In other news, KEYE sucks.
Again - myself and others have been at this for YEARS. This doesn't mean anything until the game is on Sunday. In the past, they change the games late in the week if they're going to change them. Hopefully it holds this way, but just because it's on 506 doesn't mean it's set in stone (yet).

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-30-2009   #27
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Here's the tidbit about KEYE from wikipedia.

For the record, the FOX guy said the exact same thing. "It's out of our control" then poof - they changed the game.

I dunno, we'll see. Maybe we get this game because it's a divisional game, but after that - two games against bad NFC teams... with of course only the SEA @ HOU game actually on CBS.

We'll see. I hope it holds, but it's only Monday.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2009   #28
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no doubt in my mind that they'll make the switch late in the week to the Indy/Tennessee game. Peyton vs. VY is a bulit-in excuse to ditch the Texans.

Hello, Third Base.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #29
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
There's no doubt in my mind that they'll make the switch late in the week to the Indy/Tennessee game. Peyton vs. VY is a bulit-in excuse to ditch the Texans.

Hello, Third Base.
Damnit! (Pulls hair out!)

Yup. See it coming too. Guess I'll only get to see every other game. Don't think I'll be taking my 4 year old to a sports bar. Especially to watch another .500 at best year. Hopefully I'll have the money to come up and see yall wherever the gang's all at on my off weekends.

Better start readin the Austin fans thread as I thought there was some hub-bub about going to 3rd base.

As for VY guy on this board....looks like you won dude. Feel free to go back to shaggybevo.com or whatever other MB you are from.

This sux.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #30
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never seen a town(in Texas) not follow either the Texans or Cowboys.I lived in all three cities and it kind of freaks me out.I hate the cowboys as mush as the next Houstonian but they do not even show those jerkys anymore or root for them . This is flat out embarassing.
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #31
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg View Post
I have never seen a town(in Texas) not follow either the Texans or Cowboys.I lived in all three cities and it kind of freaks me out.I hate the cowboys as mush as the next Houstonian but they do not even show those jerkys anymore or root for them . This is flat out embarassing.
It's pretty safe to say that Austin is a Cowboy town.
Old 12-01-2009   #32
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yesterday it said TBA on the game on Sunday at noon. Now it shows Texans/Jags, so I feel a little better.

http://weareaustin.com/content/enter...nt/TV_Listings
Old 12-01-2009   #33
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5772 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Yesterday it said TBA on the game on Sunday at noon. Now it shows Texans/Jags, so I feel a little better.

http://weareaustin.com/content/enter...nt/TV_Listings
You know where I'll be HCT!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #34
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

People in Jax get to watch New England @ Miami
Old 12-05-2009   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
You know where I'll be HCT!
Awesome, if they start pulling our games off of TV, I will be joining you.

Old 12-05-2009   #36
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Still says Texans @ Jags tomorrow as of now.

Hopefully that remains the case. If they pull the game, I guess I'll miss it unless someone has a slingbox or something they can let me in on. I have my daughter this weekend, so no sports bar for me. If they switch next week. I'm in for wherever everyone is meeting at this year.

Is it still 3rd base?

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-05-2009   #37
DiehardChris
You betcha!

I wasn't a big fan of 3rd Base, personally.

Hardcore and Hook - where is your place of choice again? Was it Pluckers in RR?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-05-2009   #38
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I wasn't a big fan of 3rd Base, personally.

Hardcore and Hook - where is your place of choice again? Was it Pluckers in RR?
Yeah, that's where they go. I'll be there too if they don't show the game. It's the 2nd best place to catch a football game in Round Rock, #1 is my couch.
Old 12-05-2009   #39
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Still says Texans @ Jags tomorrow as of now.

Hopefully that remains the case. If they pull the game, I guess I'll miss it unless someone has a slingbox or something they can let me in on. I have my daughter this weekend, so no sports bar for me. If they switch next week. I'm in for wherever everyone is meeting at this year.

Is it still 3rd base?
hey i'm in austin as well and would love to roll with some fellow texans fans! but which 3rd base? 6th and mopac or southpark meadows
Old 12-05-2009   #40
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by treduke View Post
hey i'm in austin as well and would love to roll with some fellow texans fans! but which 3rd base? 6th and mopac or southpark meadows
Last year, we had all been going to the one on 6th and Mopac. I guess everyone is down on that this year. I haven't yet read the Austin tailgate thread yet as I have not had the need or opportunity to go yet, so don't know where it's at this year.

I will say that as I live in Dripping Springs in SW Austin, I know I''m not driving to Round Rock to watch a game. Hopefully alot of people are meeting somewhere near downtown or down south Austin.

Dormant bodies bursting!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read