Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-24-2005   #1
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Default How Trades will effect Draft and inturn effect the Texans pick

With MN trading for the 7th pick and in bad need of a WR...how does that move effect who will/would have been there (if any change at all).

On another note...was wondering what you all thought about the likes of A. Barron, M. Spears, D. Johnson, and T. Davis still being available and the pros and cons for picking them with our NEEDS being considered.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #2
wiley2002
Veteran

Even as much as I wish for us to take someone for our D-line, I would much like it to draft someone like David Baas. Just saw his highlight video and I'm still a bit hyped up.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
With MN trading for the 7th pick and in bad need of a WR...how does that move effect who will/would have been there (if any change at all).

On another note...was wondering what you all thought about the likes of A. Barron, M. Spears, D. Johnson, and T. Davis still being available and the pros and cons for picking them with our NEEDS being considered.
SEE THREAD- MOCK THIS-
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiley2002
Even as much as I wish for us to take someone for our D-line, I would much like it to draft someone like David Baas. Just saw his highlight video and I'm still a bit hyped up.
David Baas would be great news for the offensive line & David Carr
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #5
Panther5407
All Pro

I think it increases the chance of the Texans getting DJ. The Raiders wanted him but have no pick now, the Titans wanted him but after cutting all those people, they are more likely to go WR or DB. Not sure how the cowboys are leaning though cause they are the also people that are looking in.
Old 02-24-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Lions could grab him too. He wont be there at 13 unless he does something to make his stock drop. He is the ONLY "elite" prospect on defense.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Lions could grab him too. He wont be there at 13 unless he does something to make his stock drop. He is the ONLY "elite" prospect on defense.
I agree. I think the Vikings would snatch him up if he's there at 7 because they can get a receiver like Williamson or Roddy White with their 2nd first round pick. If 12 teams pass on him then we'll be extremely lucky, but the only way I see him dropping that far is if he injures himself before the draft.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2005   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Or...Miler

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I agree. I think the Vikings would snatch him up if he's there at 7 because they can get a receiver like Williamson or Roddy White with their 2nd first round pick. If 12 teams pass on him then we'll be extremely lucky, but the only way I see him dropping that far is if he injures himself before the draft.
Agreed, Not saying it can't happen, not saying he "won't be there", but I'll be surprise if he is. I saw the draft blitz guys has him number 1 on the board. I love DJ, but wouldn't sarcifice day one picks to get him. It's hard to take an O-lineman in the first. You can hit it big in the later rounds with guys. But I think a lot of us feel that Carr has taken a heck of a beating. And we gotta get one of the two lines fixed befor we're going anywhere. That's the bottom line for '05. Minnesota's new owner's gotta be smiling though. Holding two picks now they can controll the draft. Make a big splash. Gonna be fun.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

suprise of the draft will be if minnesota can pick on time and do it twice
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005   #10
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I think after loosing Moss, the Viks will be going after Edwards or Williams.
Old 02-25-2005   #11
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Ok, but I have noticed no one has tried to tackle the players listed and the pros and cons of drafting them with the considerations of our team NEEDS. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Me personally have only seen DJ play on a regular basis...as for the others...i've seen highlights on Sportscenter and some bowl games..but not enough to have any real insight on them...so can anyone be able to shed some light on this??
Old 02-25-2005   #12
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
If Pac-man can run that 4.2 hes been talking about at the combine, he will jump right up there.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005   #13
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Minny needs a #1 WR and help on defense (esp DB and DT). They may also take BPA at #7 and look for need w/later pick.
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005   #14
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

M. Muhammad has now been signed by the bears...so they dont need a WR with their draft pick....panthers should have traded vs. letting him go for nothing...

I dont really know what the Bears needed going into this draft since I dont follow them...but its sure not a #1 WR now...so there goes a possible WR going in the top 5
Old 02-26-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
panthers should have traded vs. letting him go for nothing...
Nobody was going to trade for his old contract. He was untradable.

Muhsin is going to shine in his new offense. This was a great move by the Bears. I'm glad we put off Mock II for a couple of weeks because the top 12 picks are not real stable, certain or predictable.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005   #16
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
I dont really know what the Bears needed going into this draft since I dont follow them...but its sure not a #1 WR now...so there goes a possible WR going in the top 5
OLB and G are their only real huge holes. Most sites projected Edwards to go to Chicago, now I seriously think if DJ gets by Cleveland, he'll end up in Chitown. Briggs-Urlacher-DJ...imagine that core.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see DJ in Chicago also. He would give Lovie Smith another version of Derrick Brooks for his Tampa2 scheme. Briggs is underrated and a tackling machine.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #18
DBLR1
Rookie

Man you guys are giving me a woody. I have been in misery for the past 15 years as a Bear fan. If they get D.J, their D will be ridiculous. Good safeties, good corners, perfect LB's, good young DE's and DT's. I love the Texans and I went to the game last year and I was torn. I was in a situation of ----fan for over 20 yrs and the absolute infatuation with the Texans organization. I was happy either way, except for the "not feeling my feet for 3 hours AFTER the game". I look at the direction of both my teams and I can't stop thinking of a "My teams" super bowl. I would spring for the 3K tickets without a doubt.
DBLR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #19
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

wasnt there an espn site that had superbowl predictions for the next 10 years.. and it had Bears Vs. Texans in the SB in 2008?

who knows ..it could happen.

I like the bears.. just because of their history. With the Packers losing Favre and the team going downhill at the same time.. and the Vikings losing moss.. Im hoping we will see the Bears and Lions becoming big players in the league. I love it when classic teams do well.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #20
J-Man
Veteran

One thought on the Minnesota 1st round selections...I don't know that they will go after a WR with one of those picks at all. They have avg'd around 30ppg when Moss wasn't playing, that tells me that just because Moss got all the pub and might be the best deep threat in the game that the other guys Culpepper is throwing too aren't too bad either.

They picked up Napoleon Harris, a solid defender, not great but young and is a legit starter. If they went with say Rolle or Jones with the #7 then picked the best DL or LB available with their 2nd 1st rounder they would be sitting pretty good. With 2 2nd round picks they would be free to pull in at least one quality WR prospect.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read