Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2009   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92342 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing & Smith fined!

Cushing was fined $5,000 for hitting quarterback Vince Young out of bounds. The league said Cushing was fined for unnecessary roughness for striking an opponent late and out of bounds on a run play.

It was a late hit (technically) but that is pathetic. He didnt HIT VY, he pushed VY. WTH is going on here?
Old 11-28-2009   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing fined!

WTH? He barely even touched him.

Goodell is getting as ridiculous as this guy:

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #3
qman_tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 79 qman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Finnegan draging Anderson's leg at the end of play?
qman_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman_tx View Post
See, the problem right there is that the target is not a QB (named VY).

I agree, VERY silly fine, on so many levels. First of all that was not really a hit, second, 5k fine... come on, first round pick... I think he can afford it. If they truly thought that it was a late hit that could hurt the player, the fine would have to be in the league of one weeks pay, 1/16 of their yearly salary.

Silly silly silly...
Old 11-28-2009   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

That is when you see that the NFL is getting extremely protective over BS. I understand the helmet 2 helmet and all that, hell I even undertsand late hits outta bounds but I was surprised that was even a penalty. He barely pushed the gy and he didn't even fall or loose his balance at all. I see if he fell busted his **** but come thats just ridiculous.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman_tx View Post
Goodell: Fine Finnegan? He was only trying to help him up.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 61846 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy crap, this is a joke. Even though its only 5K, its still ridiculous.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2009   #8
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137897 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

***** fine. I hope that money is going to VY so he has tampon money.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing & Smith fined!

From PFT.com

Quote:
On Monday night, Texans defensive end Antonio Smith elbowed Titans center Kevin Mawae in the midsection, right in front of the umpire and the TV cameras.

At the time the move cost the Texans 15 yards, and now it will cost Smith $10,000.

Mawae has a reputation as something of a cheap shot artist, so it's entirely possible that Smith was retaliating for something, but the bottom line is that Smith is the one who got caught, and the elbow to the ribs was an incredibly stupid move on Smith's part. It's no surprise that Smith was fined by the league.
Old 11-28-2009   #10
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone recall Cushing getting fined the first time he did this? It may have been the Jags or Raiders game, can't remember, but he actually hit them out of bounds rather than a little love tap like this.

Quote:
From PFT.com
This doesn't surprise me, he deserves it.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The NFL is pathetic. Touch prince Vince and you get a fine I suppose... I cant wait until we beat one of these teams/players that get preferential treatment from the league. Hopefully we can start tomorrow with king Peyton.

It'll make me feel a lot better when we BEAT a team and the refs...then give the league the bird after a BS fine comes down.
Old 11-28-2009   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
The NFL is pathetic. Touch prince Vince and you get a fine I suppose... I cant wait until we beat one of these teams/players that get preferential treatment from the league. Hopefully we can start tomorrow with king Peyton.

It'll make me feel a lot better when we BEAT a team and the refs...then give the league the bird after a BS fine comes down.

The NFL definitely has their favs both teams and players. They have had a crush on the Pats, Colts, and Steelers for years. IF we did manage to beat the Colts tomorrow, I think the league would make sure we didn't get past the Pats, esp if we needed the win to make the playoffs. FOr some reason we are on their sheeeeeet list, and i'm not sure what it will take to get off. I know, sounds trite and silly to say such a thing, but, something don't smell right in the NFL FO.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #13
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

wow cushing getting fined for that lol... this league is such a joke lol... smith deserved his though
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #14
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we get Smith to pay Cushing's fine? He deserves it far more.

I'm assuming there were no fines for the Titans players who were throwing their hands in our player's faces during the first scuffle?
Old 11-28-2009   #15
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

As stated BS for the Cushings fine. He barely hit VY, and he was out of bounds for like a nanosecond. So VY throws his hands up like a puss. Meanwhile Schaub was drilled by a D-Lineman, and the guy drilled him in to the ground and left his feet, which are both no nos.

I think Cushings should deliver the fine to Goodell (AKA: Mr. I'm gonna be tougher Goodell, yet I'm just a PC Douche Bag) personally. He should take it too him in rolls of pennys and throw the bags on his desk. Goodell reminds me of that guy from the "Holiday Inn Express Commercials":

Then I'm watching the Lions game and there is Stafford with an injured shoulder and a Packer hits him way out of bounds about the same as Cushings did and nothing. The hit on Stafford was way out of bounds and well after the whistle compared to the VY/Cushings incident.

Just be fair about it.
Old 11-28-2009   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it is a thin line on those hits.

I still remember steve young (I think that was who it was) that took off one time and as he was nearing the sideline, the defense figured he was going to run out of bounds and which Steve turned it up field.

(maybe my memory is hazy).
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #17
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I still remember steve young (I think that was who it was) that took off one time and as he was nearing the sideline, the defense figured he was going to run out of bounds and which Steve turned it up field.

Now I understand that though, but the fact is that they are too strict on these kinda calls these days and it's just getting ridiculous. They get paid all this money for us to be entertained and yet there are some consequences you have to take. The fine for Cushing is BS and I agree with the Smith one but hell it was against the Titans so it's all good.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Steve McNair had a fake slide. He would lean back, peoplethought he was going down, and he would keep going. If you didnt let up, heslid a nd you hit him late.
Old 11-28-2009   #19
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the No Fun League. Well, as far as Cushing goes. Smith totally deserved his fine.
Old 11-28-2009   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

good i was tired of seeing VY run i was waiting for somone to lay one on him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and take him out !!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read