Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2009   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AFC PLAYBOOK: Texans Vs. Colts

They spent an amazing 11 minutes breaking this game down. Before watching
this, I had no idea that Glover Quin was arguably the best corner the Texans
have. Not bad for a 3rd round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...olts-vs-Texans
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: AFC PLAYBOOK: Texans Vs. Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

4th rounder actually. GQ is a natural football player. I hope that he keeps developing!!!
Old 11-28-2009   #3
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He is the reason that I dont see the Texans drafting a CB in the first and Safety is such a bigger need
Old 11-28-2009   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
He is the reason that I dont see the Texans drafting a CB in the first and Safety is such a bigger need
If Dunta is gone via FA - which I suspect he will be because he will be asking for far more than his value - They will have to find another viable corner in either FA or early in the draft. I dont think Moulden and Bennett are enough behind Quin and Reeves.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quin has the best ball skills, and short area quickness out of our corners, but I wouldn't call him the best overall. He's been solid though, which I didn't expect to see after watching him in the preseason, where it looked like the pro game was way too fast for him. Now he's settled in, and playing pretty well for a 4th round rookie.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to watch all the videos on HoustonTexans.com during OTA's and
training camp. The coaches were glowing about how many plays GQ
was making even back then. They were praying it would translate over to
the field where the games really mattered, and I was surprised how he
handled himself against Peyton, and how he smashed the run. I let out
a big "WOW" when he made Darren McFadden do a backflip on a screen
pass.

We got ourselves a starting corner, folks. Rick Smith sure didn't draft
a "Petey Faggins" this year. It's why I'm praying our players show the
fortitude they have over the last couple seasons, to put together a solid
run. If they lose to the Colts OR the Jags, you probably can kiss the
playoffs goodbye, because they'd lose ALL division tiebreakers if they don't
go 3-3 in the division. The Colts game is the SEASON. If they win, then
the Jags game becomes a game for the season.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #7
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember all the hype in ota's etc and I really started to like Glover, I really liked his HL video and I think he is a really good all around corner. I am very glad we got him, I remember the article from the Chron on Glover and how they came across him. Ray Rhodes saw tape on him and basically vouched for him. I also dont think he will be like freddy B and fall off.
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2009   #8
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: AFC PLAYBOOK: Texans Vs. Colts

But are we going to pressure Manning enough to cause bad throws?
Old 11-28-2009   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If Dunta is gone via FA - which I suspect he will be because he will be asking for far more than his value - They will have to find another viable corner in either FA or early in the draft. I dont think Moulden and Bennett are enough behind Quin and Reeves.
I like Busing & Barber behind Wilson & Pollard much better.

I'd get a first rounder, bonafide Starting Corner & take the best two to start, & put the third best guy in the nickel.

Playing the Colts... & soon having to compete with New England, Cincinnati, & San Diego on a regular basis, we will be playing a lot of nickel.
Old 11-29-2009   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder where this leaves us in the Robinson contract issue. Do we pay him huge $$ to be maybe just a nickel CB or move him to FS if we draft a CB in the 1st? In a system that uses a true FS, I think he would be a good one.
I also saw how ineffective our blitzs are. In the video, the show a crossfire blitz and our Cushing is picked up by the RB and just dances around. As a blitzer, you should be balls out and driving that RB back into Manning. We have to have the worst blitzes in the league. Been a problem all season.
Old 11-29-2009   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
We have to have the worst blitzes in the league. Been a problem ....
... all existence.
Old 11-29-2009   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
... all existence.
Thanks for correcting me. I carry a Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum. I carry a gun because cops weigh too much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read