Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2009   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Eric Winston's Radio Show Gonna Stink, Now That Matt Jackson's Gone?

Now that Matt Jackson is no longer a part of 610, how do they keep the
Eric Winston Show from sucking? The banter between those two was
what made the show work. Winston would show up almost an hour
before he was supposed to, and the war of knowledge between he
and Jackson was radio gold.

What do you guys think about that situation?
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #2
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Eric Winston's Radio Show Gonna Stink, Now That Matt Jackson's Gone?

i didnt know he left, wher did he go? it will not be easy to replace him
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #3
50boys
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Is Eric Winston's Radio Show Gonna Stink, Now That Matt Jackson's Gone?

Didn't know this either, so I googled it...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6739903.html
50boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Not much of a Matt Jackson fan, so it might get better for me.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Now that Matt Jackson is no longer a part of 610, how do they keep the
Eric Winston Show from sucking? The banter between those two was
what made the show work. Winston would show up almost an hour
before he was supposed to, and the war of knowledge between he
and Jackson was radio gold.

What do you guys think about that situation?
Matt Jackson wages a war on knowledge, not a war of knowledge.
Old 11-27-2009   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Matt Jackson wages a war on knowledge, not a war of knowledge.
I'll give ya that, but his ability to play Winston's "bratty lil bro" is what makes
the show go. I could only imagine the snorefest between Winston and
Rich Lord.
Old 11-27-2009   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

People still listen to 610?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2009   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
People still listen to 610?
Sometimes I listen to the hunting program in the morning.

I do not hunt... and I'm a vegetarian...

wtf am I doing ?
Old 11-28-2009   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

What a coup for 790.

Matt and Adam rival John and Lance for best radio duo in Houston.

Wow. This totally changes the landscape of the radio and 610 is now the trash the 790 once was
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Does jim Rome have an equity interest in 610, because I know it was a station responsible for his start nationally back in the day ? And what day of the week and time does Winston come on 610 ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #11
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Does jim Rome have an equity interest in 610, because I know it was a station responsible for his start nationally back in the day ? And what day of the week and time does Winston come on 610 ?
i think tuesdays at 4. correct me if im wrong though
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
What a coup for 790.

Wow. This totally changes the landscape of the radio and 610 is now the trash the 790 once was
Deluca is still with 790 so its still pretty trashy. That guy is such an east-coast turd sandwich.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

The past few weeks, you can hear Lesbian Craig with Deluca. Seems
like the best sportstalkers in town are headed to 790, since 610 fired its
other program director, Buffalo Bill. This "Gavin Spittle" clown is pure corporate.
Old 12-01-2009   #14
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

I'm not huge fan of Jackson, but he made Rich Lord bearable. I've never listened to 790, as i stream in California. Is it any good?
Old 12-01-2009   #15
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztequila View Post
I'm not huge fan of Jackson, but he made Rich Lord bearable. I've never listened to 790, as i stream in California. Is it any good?
It just got a lot better.

Matt and Adam will rival John and Lance for best morning show (which is saying a lot). They're easily my favorite Houston hosts behind John and Lance and it's a shame 610 could never get them paired back up after Matt left the night show.

Charlie Pallilo is pretty good at the drive home. He's a no non-sense all sports kind of guy, which can be good or bad depending on your preferences. I like it, personally. I also like his sports IQ, which is easily the best in the city.

790 has nothing else besides that, but those are two damn good shows
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #16
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It just got a lot better.

Matt and Adam will rival John and Lance for best morning show (which is saying a lot). They're easily my favorite Houston hosts behind John and Lance and it's a shame 610 could never get them paired back up after Matt left the night show.

Charlie Pallilo is pretty good at the drive home. He's a no non-sense all sports kind of guy, which can be good or bad depending on your preferences. I like it, personally. I also like his sports IQ, which is easily the best in the city.

790 has nothing else besides that, but those are two damn good shows
I'm tired of Lance's not so great impressions...but they're entertaining...I'll give to Lance though, he seems to stay tight with his homies from Richmond hiring them on and giving them gigs as well.
Old 12-01-2009   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What a coup for 790.

I agree that 610 is flundering but Matt Jackson is a clown and I really don't see them doing a ton of damage. Wexler knows his stuff but I think Jackson is unbearable. I'll stick to 1560. I didn't listen to 610 anyways except Rome.
Old 12-01-2009   #18
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

I never could stand Matt Jackson so any show without him will always be better!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is Eric Winston's Radio Show Gonna Stink, Now That Matt Jackson's Gone?

Didn't someone start a thread saying how much BETTER the Eric Winston show was yesterday, lol?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

The radio shows depend on what type of listener you are and what you want to spend air time on. I want sport talk with a bit of levity thrown in. I do not want impersonations, movie evals or 30 days of steroids or who was Tiger Woods sleeping with.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read