Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-27-2009   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Question about Lendale White

I'm wondering what his contract situation is like. Seeing how CJ is blowing up and VY pretty much keeps White on the sidelines with his ability to make 3rd and shorts so unpredictable, White is seeing less and less time as even a back up running back. I know he was drafted when Vince was, so I figured his contract was up. He's also been a productive runner and we haven't had that big back that can get us a TD on 3rd and goal or maintain drives on 3rd and 2.

If this guy were a FA we would have to really look at him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question about Lendale White

According to Rotoworld:

Quote:
7/27/2006: Signed a four-year, $2.91 million contract.
Details:
7/27/2006: Signed a four-year, $2.91 million contract. The deal included a $1.3 million signing bonus.
2009: $530,000, 2010: Free Agent

Rotoworld: LenWhale White
Old 11-27-2009   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I just think he would fit our scheme real well. Plus it takes away from a division rival.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
According to Rotoworld:

Rotoworld: LenWhale White
Bring him in sign him whatever. AP wouldn't even do the Texans any justice untill the inner part of their OL is fixed. The OL they had last season pushed the pile along and created running lanes for Stevie to run that's what made him have the season he had in 2008. They aren't doing that again this season and that's the real problem not the backs the Texans have on their roster now well maybe Chris Brown but that's about it. I'm for signing White and fixing the OL once and for all. I'd be interested in seeing what a duo of Stevie and White would do with a new and improved O line. But the fact is that with the thing the Texans put out there each and every game and call it an O line it more than likely wouldn't even matter if MJD was the starting RB. The inner half of the O line flat out stinks it up almost every single game and is hindering the running game or maybe I should say the non running game very badly and slow but surely becoming crazy in every sence of the word.
Old 11-27-2009   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Sign him and within 3 games we'll be calling him Lenwhale again. Like gary said, the problem is more the OL.
Old 11-27-2009   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Sign him and within 3 games we'll be calling him Lenwhale again. Like gary said, the problem is more the OL.
Thank you. Just the same way folks are calling for Mario to be benched. Come on, who else is better than him playing DE on the Texans roster? Like Chris Berman on ESPN says, come on man.
Old 11-27-2009   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm for signing White. Even when he was LenWhale White he was good in short yardage.

He also was good for 10-15 carries per game. LenDale last year at 280 LBS he ran for an 80 yard TD against KC I believe. He would make a great compliment to Slaton. IMO

If Kubes signs him I want the Texans to draft a RB in the 4-5 th rd. Tate or Hardesty should be available.

I hope Smithiak draft 2 OL in Rds 1-3 and a CB with the other pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2009   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt the Titans let him go, much less to a division rival in serious need of a running game.
Old 11-27-2009   #9
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I doubt the Titans let him go, much less to a division rival in serious need of a running game.
He might be willing to come here if he were guarenteed a chance to compete for a starting job, something he won't get in Tennessee.
Old 11-27-2009   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's restricted anyway, so if we sign him it'll cost more than the dollars and cents, probably a 3rd-5th rounder, maybe even a 2nd.

I don't think he fits the scheme for one, too slow to make one cut and go. And do we really wanna see this bloated whale with 2nd NFL contract money? Dear Lord we'll have to shut down Whataburgers citywide.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #11
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be restricted only if there is no CBA. The RFA designation would change, though I'm not exactly what the new qualifications would be, and White would fall under them.

That said, there probably will not be a new CBA by next year so he probably will be restricted, but I still don;t know if the Titans will try and sign him.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want him. I don't want some dude who fell to the 4th or 5th round either.

Look, all my life I've watched the NFL in Houston (with a 6 year window when it didn't exist) and ever since I saw Earl Campbell traded to New Orleans I've wanted to see another legitimate running back on "my team". For over 20 years I've watched the Oilers and then the Texans field running backs who just didn't cut it. It's time the Texans went and got that running back that nobody can ignore.

It's time to go RB in the first round. It's time to trade up if need be. All the other pieces of our offense are growing older every year. AJ is in his prime. Schaub is actually in his 6th year. It's time to go get a real running back.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #13
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't want him. I don't want some dude who fell to the 4th or 5th round either.

Look, all my life I've watched the NFL in Houston (with a 6 year window when it didn't exist) and ever since I saw Earl Campbell traded to New Orleans I've wanted to see another legitimate running back on "my team". For over 20 years I've watched the Oilers and then the Texans field running backs who just didn't cut it. It's time the Texans went and got that running back that nobody can ignore.

It's time to go RB in the first round. It's time to trade up if need be. All the other pieces of our offense are growing older every year. AJ is in his prime. Schaub is actually in his 6th year. It's time to go get a real running back.
That wouldn't be wise in this upcoming draft. Not great for RBs, especially in the higher rounds. You'll find the difference between the top RBs and bottom RBs in this draft isn't much. Find someone in the 3rd-5th rounds, much better value that way.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #14
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
With Ringer I think he is gone. He will want to much and Ringer has shown some very good play before he was injured.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read