Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-26-2009   #1
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I wonder why...

The NFL prohibits local radio stations from streaming games online? I'm not sure I quite get that logic. I like listening to the radio streams while online...
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I wonder why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
The NFL prohibits local radio stations from streaming games online? I'm not sure I quite get that logic. I like listening to the radio streams while online...
Strangely enough I listened to the Texans game via 610 Monday night. I guess the man upstairs wanted to stick it to me extra good.
Old 11-26-2009   #3
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would guess it's mainly because of the contract with Sirius which is a satellite radio version of the TV contracts with Fox, CBS, NBC, and ESPN (At a fraction of the cost I'm sure).

Why buy the when you can get the milk for free.
Old 11-26-2009   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I would guess it's mainly because of the contract with Sirius which is a satellite radio version of the TV contracts with Fox, CBS, NBC, and ESPN (At a fraction of the cost I'm sure).

Why buy the when you can get the milk for free.
Seems like the NFL or the TV networks always try to find ways to stick it to the fans.

I remember years ago you could pick up any game on the radio..of course there was no streaming online then.

Seems like they'd think of the fans first and give up a break. It'd be nice to listen online.
Old 11-26-2009   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seems like the NFL or the TV networks always try to find ways to stick it to the fans.

I remember years ago you could pick up any game on the radio..of course there was no streaming online then.

Seems like they'd think of the fans first and give up a break. It'd be nice to listen online.
huge corporations care about profit first and foremost, the NFL is no exception.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
huge corporations care about profit first and foremost, the NFL is no exception.
Yea that's true. I'm old enough though to remember when it didn't seem like such a business and it was more fan friendly. Now this is blacked out or this rule prohibits that..and so forth.

Good old days I guess.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read