Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Keep Kris Brown IF....(poll)
-We beat the Colts this Sunday and he makes all his field goals? 5 35.71%
-He makes all his fg's and we still lose? 5 35.71%
-He makes the gamewinning field goal in the final seconds? 3 21.43%
-If he makes the gametying and gamewinning fg's? 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2009   #1
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keep Kris Brown IF......

-We beat the Colts this Sunday and he makes all his field goals?

-He makes all his fg's and we still lose?

-He makes the gamewinning field goal in the final seconds?

-If he makes the gametying and gamewinning fg's?

If we don't win and he is at all apart of the reason, then I say goodbye KB!
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #2
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keep Kris Brown IF......

There you have it, at your request m5kwatts
Old 11-25-2009   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I voted just for the sake of voting but he's gonna need to be perfect the rest of this season and he still might not get back in my good graces after these last two weeks...
Old 11-25-2009   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the option that he will finish the season a Texan regardless of any of those options??
Old 11-25-2009   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

He needs to be damn near perfect the rest of the way out AND prove he can hit them when they count. Like Joker said though, that still might not be enough.
Old 11-25-2009   #6
Air Canada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Where is the option that he will finish the season a Texan regardless of any of those options??
It's not will happen, but whether or not we should keep him depending on his upcoming performance. It's "Keep KB if" not "will the Texans keep Kris Brown for the rest of the season."
Old 11-25-2009   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep him if he makes all his FG within the 40 for the rest of the season

Anything less would be less then steller
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2009   #8
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

If he continues to miss important FG's they need to atleast try out some kickers to send a message.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
It's not will happen, but whether or not we should keep him depending on his upcoming performance. It's "Keep KB if" not "will the Texans keep Kris Brown for the rest of the season."
Gotcha. My first impression was as though you were asking to replace him during the current season based on the Indy game.
Old 11-25-2009   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the "It doesn't matter what he does....he's gone regardless" option?

I can't vote on this poll. I'm ready for a new kicker next year, Brown outside of the last few seasons has been inconsistent and I can't trust him anymore.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

He is not going anywhere for now. I want to know why the fact that VY was allowed to get up the field whenever he wanted. 73 yards rushing for VY alone is crazy and one of the biggest reasons why the Texans lost. There should be more talk about the one time Brain Cushing has gotten too cute with his tackling and missed a very important one that gave the Titans and down to play. That was HUGE. Two TD's for the whole game does not win football games. Find a way to get the ball to AJ. Starting Chris Brown and thinking he'll have a great game against his former team was a joke. The Texans shot their own foot bottom line not the refs even though they sucked but list goes on and on and on as to why the Texans lost. They just weren't prepared from the get go and Gary was once again out coached in crunch time it's becoming a repeat theme in big time games. Face it the Texans had their chances not just two nights ago but in many other games and they did the norm for all Houston teams lose. Who agrees with me? I know someone does.
Old 11-25-2009   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we give Chris Brown a chance at Kicker.
Old 11-25-2009   #13
Air Canada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
He is not going anywhere for now. I want to know why the fact that VY was allowed to get up the field whenever he wanted. 73 yards rushing for VY alone is crazy and one of the biggest reasons why the Texans lost. There should be more talk about the one time Brain Cushing has gotten too cute with his tackling and missed a very important one that gave the Titans and down to play. That was HUGE. Two TD's for the whole game does not win football games. Find a way to get the ball to AJ. Starting Chris Brown and thinking he'll have a great game against his former team was a joke. The Texans shot their own foot bottom line not the refs even though they sucked but list goes on and on and on as to why the Texans lost. They just weren't prepared from the get go and Gary was once again out coached in crunch time it's becoming a repeat theme in big time games. Face it the Texans had their chances not just two nights ago but in many other games and they did the norm for all Houston teams lose. Who agrees with me? I know someone does.
Yeah, I see where your going, but I think this is the wrong thread.
Old 11-25-2009   #14
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I agree with most all of this. However I would point out that they tried to get the ball to AJ, he had a bad case of the dropsies on Monday.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read