Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-24-2009   #1
steroids
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 steroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respectedsteroids is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dear Texans Fans, RE: VY hate

Dear Texans fans,

I would like to start this thread by saying that I am a die hard Texans fan. I have been around since the first draft, since the naming of the team, watching all drafts, preseason games, showing up at training camp, going to games, rewatching games, etc.

That said, it is extremely difficult to continue to be a Texans fan. And it is not because of the loss last night - that was rough but we will overcome it. My problem is with our fans. There is just entirely too many of you who can't help yourselves from coming across as perennial loser, jealous because he beat you in college, blind hatred for Vince Young AGGY. All this V Cry stuff, and 1 sack from quitting on his team bullshit? It reeks of pathetic aggy loserdom. I know that not everyone on this board is a UT grad, but it is time to let go of your decade of losing ways. It's the same thing with how they call Colt "Cart McCoy", even after they get rolled. Or barely become bowl eligible, get owned by Texas, and then insist on calling us TU or sips. It is a pathetic loser joke that is only funny to you. The exact same thing came today on SR610 when callers would call in and make fun of VY, as if we had won the game. This use of stupid nicknames and blanket hate for Vince must end -- it comes off as a LOSER AGGIE mentality.

This is important for you all to know. It is okay to be both a UT fan, and a Texans fan. Even though I will always have a soft spot for VY, I still pull for the Texans in every game. Yes I want Vince to have a successful career, and no I'm not trying to revisit the 2006 draft after every game. I simply want to enjoy following both of my teams. And the way you all come off makes it exceptionally difficult to be a part of this fan base.

So please. Support your team. Rep your favorite player. But enough with the pathetic hate. It makes all of us look bad.
steroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dear Texans Fans, RE: VY hate

VY hate has nothing to do with the Aggies, get over yourself Longhorn Nation. Its about hating the Titans and anyone who suits up for those goons especially their QB. College has nothing to do with what's going on in the pros dude, I don't know who you know or who this is directed at specifically but I disagree with the sentiment.

But for Texans fans who are Aggies and hate him because of the mere Longhorn-Aggie rivalry, shame on you. I'll take any player from any college on the Texans as long as their good. Heck I used to hate the Trojans until we brought Brian Cushing on board, now I have the utmost respect for that school because of him.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #3
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
VY hate has nothing to do with the Aggies, get over yourself Longhorn Nation. Its about hating the Titans and anyone who suits up for those goons especially their QB. College has nothing to do with what's going on in the pros dude, I don't know who you know or who this is directed at specifically but I disagree with the sentiment.

But for Texans fans who are Aggies and hate him because of the mere Longhorn-Aggie rivalry, shame on you. I'll take any player from any college on the Texans as long as their good. Heck I used to hate the Trojans until we brought Brian Cushing on board, now I have the utmost respect for that school because of him.
Well said.

I'm a Longhorn fan and I loved Vince at UT, but as soon as he donned that powder blue uni he became the enemy. I wish nothing but suffering upon him.
Old 11-24-2009   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steroids View Post
Dear Texans fans,

I would like to start this thread by saying that I am a die hard Texans fan. I have been around since the first draft, since the naming of the team, watching all drafts, preseason games, showing up at training camp, going to games, rewatching games, etc.

That said, it is extremely difficult to continue to be a Texans fan. And it is not because of the loss last night - that was rough but we will overcome it. My problem is with our fans. There is just entirely too many of you who can't help yourselves from coming across as perennial loser, jealous because he beat you in college, blind hatred for Vince Young AGGY. All this V Cry stuff, and 1 sack from quitting on his team bullshit? It reeks of pathetic aggy loserdom. I know that not everyone on this board is a UT grad, but it is time to let go of your decade of losing ways. It's the same thing with how they call Colt "Cart McCoy", even after they get rolled. Or barely become bowl eligible, get owned by Texas, and then insist on calling us TU or sips. It is a pathetic loser joke that is only funny to you. The exact same thing came today on SR610 when callers would call in and make fun of VY, as if we had won the game. This use of stupid nicknames and blanket hate for Vince must end -- it comes off as a LOSER AGGIE mentality.

This is important for you all to know. It is okay to be both a UT fan, and a Texans fan. Even though I will always have a soft spot for VY, I still pull for the Texans in every game. Yes I want Vince to have a successful career, and no I'm not trying to revisit the 2006 draft after every game. I simply want to enjoy following both of my teams. And the way you all come off makes it exceptionally difficult to be a part of this fan base.

So please. Support your team. Rep your favorite player. But enough with the pathetic hate. It makes all of us look bad.
your avatar has a perfect posterior....if thats your wife, what the hell are you doing posting?

as for the post itself, i agree with a lot of what you are saying but don't expect similar sentiment around this forum. vince is the enemy. he showed some class last night but it doesn't matter. he is the QB of our rival so he is going to get some grief. its all smack talk. no big deal.

my problem hasn't been the smack but rather the rush to dismiss his tools and ability. anyone who has watched the guy knows he can play the QB position. Is he the sharpest tool in the shed? maybe not, but he has a good football mind, its just based around his set of unique tools/skills. That means less passing and more running. You can't turn a Lambo into a Rolls Royce, both have their pluses and minuses its just how you like to drive. The Titans thrive around Vince's ability so why try and turn him into a pocket passer? Go with what got you there...the wheels and the moves. Ask Dunta if Vince still has moves....that was a brutal move.

but its the way it is. always will be. he needs to eat some crow next year and that is what makes division and true rivalries so great. we will get our shot as long as he QBs the Titans and that is looking like a real possibility next year and many more to come.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 11-24-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #5
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This. I didn't go to aTm and could not care less about him being a Longhorn. I just loathe the Titans.
Dishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

There is definitely some college hatred contributing. not everyone, but still pretty significant & worthy of mention.
Old 11-24-2009   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
VY hate has nothing to do with the Aggies, get over yourself Longhorn Nation. Its about hating the Titans and anyone who suits up for those goons especially their QB.
Bullshit....

Texans fans have been hating on Vince Young since he won the National Championship, when we were the worst team in football, with the worst QB, & the #1 overall pick.

It stems from Kool-aid sipping David Carr Homerism, and not being able to say, "I was wrong."

I'm not saying this is the case with you, or anyone else who may have posted in this thread.

But "fans" have been hating on Vince, before he ever wore Columbia Blue.
Old 11-24-2009   #8
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not a college football fan. I don't watch it. I don't care what he did when he was at UT. It's hard to be a UT fan? lol....try being a Texans fan in Austin. UT fans and their campaign to pull the Texans off the tv here made me hate them.

Old 11-24-2009   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steroids View Post
I hate the Titans as much as, or more than anyone. But VY won the national championship my senior year of college. I will never hate him, or wish ill upon him. Nor will I hate any Texas player.
sir, it appears that you are the one with the collegiate alliance problem, and not the other way around.

get over yourself, and quit finger pointing.
Old 11-24-2009   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I have no affiliation with UT. I grew up liking the SWC, especially UH. I am back in school late in life, and at UH. Case Keenum is awesome. If he went to the Tacks, I'd hate him. Simple. I liked VY when he was at UT, partially because he was exciting to watch, and partially because I'm on board with anything that raises football in the state of Texas to the highest level.

However, there's a special level of dislike for VY, and I'll explain it to you. You can accept it or no, but it's truth.

VY was/is not a good pro QB. He really wasn't, despite what the media and UT fans wanted to convince us of. He turned the ball over, was not an efficient passer, and made dumb decisions at the position. He made some spectacular plays as well, but hell, so did DC early on. Yet the media kept harping on what a great up and coming player he was, when I could see with my own eyes that he wasn't. It's like Reggie Bush all over again. Stop pissing down my neck and telling me it's raining. He's just not a good RB. Michael Vick is not, nor was he ever a good QB. The media hype really starts to annoy the crap out of you.

Now, fast forward to VY, Act II. He's been efficient in the pocket, making good decisions with the ball, and that all makes his running even more deadly. He's actually contributing to wins instead of taking away from them. VY was a big reason we lost to the Tacks last night. So I give him his due, and he may yet turn out to be a good pro QB. But he wasn't before this, despite the flashes.

QB in the NFL is mostly between the ears. If VY continues maturing, he may turn out well. If that happens, then I'll hate him because he's a good QB for a rival team, much the way I hated the Steelers as a kid. As it stands now, I hate him because he's a rival QB and I have had to repeatedly hear about him for completely insubstantial reasons.

Get it?
Old 11-24-2009   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a huge, huge Longhorn fan living in Austin.

I will hate on VY until he's not a Titan. The end. It pretty much comes down to whether you're more of a Texans fan or a UT fan. I'm a HUGE UT fan - but when it comes to the Texans, I'm insane. I honestly don't believe there's a bigger Texans fan than me. So, yeah, I love VY for what he did for UT but as long as he's a Titan - I'm going to hate the guy. It has nothing to do with anything other than - HE'S A TITAN.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Bullshit....

Texans fans have been hating on Vince Young since he won the National Championship, when we were the worst team in football, with the worst QB, & the #1 overall pick.

It stems from Kool-aid sipping David Carr Homerism, and not being able to say, "I was wrong."

I'm not saying this is the case with you, or anyone else who may have posted in this thread.

But "fans" have been hating on Vince, before he ever wore Columbia Blue.
Why would this matter now though when we have Matt Schaub? His success has put the "should we have taken a QB in 06" questions to bed. Besides that fact, there's other QBs we should be hating other than Vince Young if its all about not admitting we're wrong about picking up Carr's option. Cutler was a better QB in that draft, we coulda had Flacco last year and traded out. So its not like we're bitter over passing up opportunities to get a QB so we hate them for having success elsewhere.

More to my point, I want any good player on the Texans from whatever college. And I'll hate any Titan, from whatever college.
Old 11-24-2009   #13
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

this thread redefines stupid.

where was all this vince young pimping when the guy was riding the pine and losing playoff games? refusing to take the field...turning the ball over...going suicidal? 4 games and Longhorn Nation is abuzz with that all-too-familiar itching in their groin area over their boy vince.
Old 11-24-2009   #14
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the biggest reason that Vince Young is hated by many fans here on this message board is the way in which his biggest fans have posted. I for one am tired of reading how the Texans somehow made a mistake by not drafting him. I am equally tired of reading how he just wins games, with very little credit given to his teammates. This line of thinking by VY fans has been the same since he was in college. I thought he was overrated then as I do now. Of course, I acknowledge that he is a great athlete, and he made a contribution to the Titans' victory, but he wasn't the reason they beat the Texans or any of the other teams they beat during their winning streak. Chris Johnson has continued to play just as well as he did before Vince was starting, but the biggest change has been the play of their defense. Vince's biggest contribution has been extending drives by converting third downs with runs. Eventually, a Defensive Coordinator will come up with a solution to that. I especially look forward to watching the Colts jump out to a quick big lead on the a Titans, so wecan see how great Vince really is when the Titans have to abandon their running attack and rely on Vince's arm and decision making to win the game. Good luck with that VY.
Old 11-24-2009   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why would this matter now though when we have Matt Schaub? His success has put the "should we have taken a QB in 06" questions to bed. Besides that fact, there's other QBs we should be hating other than Vince Young if its all about not admitting we're wrong about picking up Carr's option. Cutler was a better QB in that draft, we coulda had Flacco last year and traded out. So its not like we're bitter over passing up opportunities to get a QB so we hate them for having success elsewhere.

More to my point, I want any good player on the Texans from whatever college. And I'll hate any Titan, from whatever college.
I am not sure Cutler and his near 20 interceptions make him better than Vince. Vince got hurt and the Titans were winning without him so they didn't want to change things. In the process, Vince had to grow up and win back Fisher's trust. I don't think Fisher trusted him yet but Bud forced his hand and it has worked out and I am sure Fisher is happy about kinda being proven wrong.

I hope Vince falls on his face next week though. If they were to win their last 10 and make the playoffs, I just might implode. Crazier things have happened and that Vince/CJ option game looked literally unstoppable. It may get Vince knocked out but until that happens its gonna be pretty insane.

Even Flacco has taken a step back this year. That pick he threw when they were in 'field goal to win' range was inexcusable. Ravens fan had to be going ape bonkers.

I have always been in the camp of 'Young in 2006' but once Carr was re-signed it wasn't even up for discussion. I think we would have been better served by going with Young that year and letting Carr go be a Free Agent. 2 extra 2nd Round picks, a spot in the draft, Mario/Carr/Schaub cap space, and I think Vince would have done very well here in Houston. Not a very popular opinion but it is one that I truly believe in. The stars were aligned and we needed to give up on Carr not re-sign him.

Luckily, the team did get a player like Schaub who has stabilized the QB position and energized the offense more than some of us may realize. Things were really bad back then. Offense was a dream.

Now that Mario is a Texan, I have been fully behind him but QBs dont grow on trees and we gave up a lot to re-sign/cut Carr and trade/sign Schaub. Lots of cap space and draft picks. Just sayin.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 11-24-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2009   #16
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I am not sure Cutler and his near 20 interceptions make him better than Vince. Vince got hurt and the Titans were winning without him so they didn't want to change things. In the process, Vince had to grow up and win back Fisher's trust. I don't think Fisher trusted him yet but Bud forced his hand and it has worked out and I am sure Fisher is happy about kinda being proven wrong.

I hope Vince falls on his face next week though. If they were to win their last 10 and make the playoffs, I just might implode. Crazier things have happened and that Vince/CJ option game looked literally unstoppable. It may get Vince knocked out but until that happens its gonna be pretty insane.

Even Flacco has taken a step back this year. That pick he threw when they were in 'field goal to win' range was inexcusable. Ravens fan had to be going ape bonkers.
Cutler was a 4,000 yard pro bowl QB with the Broncos. The Bears are the problem not him. I'd like to see VY's numbers if he was the Bears starting QB all year.
Old 11-24-2009   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we had won Monday night, we would have been one step closer to shaking off that "pick" Matt had one of his better games, actually escaping from a couple of sacks, & making plays after the play broke down. But the W is the bottom line.

If Mario would have played half as well as we've seen him play in the past, we would have been one step closer to shaking off that pick... but he didn't.

I'm saying this, as a fan who scrapes together all he can find to sit in the nose-bleeds. As a fan who leaves the stadium by walking down 1300 miles of ramps with VY jersey wearing smug sons of #@!#s who know it's not forgotten.

& it's not about taking a better QB... it's about not getting the Houston Maddison Phenom..... the UT National Champion winning QB.. the Rose Bowl "winner", when we had the perfect circumstances & opportunity to do so. We had the #1 overall pick. We had a snake-bit encumbent QB, we had a new coach who happened to favor athletic QBs, who also happened to be thought of as a QB Guru.

Yeah, I wanted Vince... I've accepted that Mario was the right pick.. even though David Carr didn't last the 2 seasons I thought he would. Even though we still don't have a pass rush, after picking Mario #1 overall, spending over $60 million on Free Agent DEs, another 2nd round pick on a DE, another 1st round pick on a DT. Even though Vince Young might not have put up big "QB" numbers he was a big part of that win..... put Kerry Collins in that game, and we would have murdered the Titans.

Speaking of Kerry Collins.. a Titans QB.. do you (or anyone on this board) hate Kerry Collins or Patrick Ramsey as much as you hate Vince Young?

Why not?
Old 11-24-2009   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
I especially look forward to watching the Colts jump out to a quick big lead on the a Titans, so wecan see how great Vince really is when the Titans have to abandon their running attack and rely on Vince's arm and decision making to win the game. Good luck with that VY.
Now see...... this doesn't make any sense.

The Titans aren't a threat right now.......

Indy losing will help us get to the play-offs. We should all be hoping that Vince do what he do, and beat the Colts. Doesn't matter how you quantify the win, but the Titans beating the Colts helps the Texans.
Old 11-24-2009   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Cutler was a 4,000 yard pro bowl QB with the Broncos. The Bears are the problem not him. I'd like to see VY's numbers if he was the Bears starting QB all year.
I'm not saying that Vince is better, I am just saying that its not a given and that Cutler hurts his team a lot more than a 'good' QB should.

that being said, one day the Bears will realize that Turner sucks as an OC and fire him. Until then, talents like Cutler will go to waste and implode.

The way Turner plays, I actually think Young would have some success up in Chicago. The cold could be a problem though. Other than that, I think he is a good fit for what Chicago wants to do. That is the problem in Chi-Town. They want to 'get off the bus running' but that isn't what wins in today's league. They have Cutler but they aren't opening it up except on 3rd Down or when they get behind.

That 'run first' mentality isn't what wins nowadays. Some teams with unique running talents like the Titans can do run-first but it doesn't win like it used to. It used to be the mantra, now its the exception. No contact after 5 yards has changed the game completely. Look at Belichik. He went from being run oriented to 50+ passes a game once they implemented that rule. Look at Pittsburgh. They used to be all about running, now its an aerial show. Look at Indy. Look at Philly. All the top performing teams feature a more aggressive and pass happy offense. Chicago just hasn't evolved. I will say that our offensive mindset and scheme is solid here in Houston. Lil'Shanny has done a remarkable job considering where they were and helping Schaub solidify the QB position.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 11-24-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-24-2009   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
The last thing I wanna read after last nights loss is some turd trying to make me appreciate VY's talents. You're barking up the wrong tree. That game hurt badly and it still does, quit rubbing salt in the wounds. I stand by my comment.
But VY & his talents had nothing to do with that victory. It was all Chris Johnson & the Defense. Vince didn't even throw for 150 yards, and completed what? 50% of his passes? Mostly dinks & dunks??

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read