Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 6 Game Winning Streak

To finish the season 11-5 as the hottest team going into the playoffs... whose with me? I know I'm a crazy but look at the schedule..

Indy
@Jax
Sea
@Stl
@Mia
NE

If the Patriots have the 2nd spot in the AFC sewed up by that week 17 game and don't play the 1st teamers all game, I think its possible. What better game to ignite a big win streak than one over the Colts this Sunday?

I know I'm nuts but it makes me happier being delusional than miserable.

Everyone try to have a not-so-miserable Thanksgiving.. Go Texans!
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6 Game Winning Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
To finish the season 11-5 as the hottest team going into the playoffs... whose with me? I know I'm a crazy but look at the schedule..

Indy
@Jax
Sea
@Stl
@Mia
NE

If the Patriots have the 2nd spot in the AFC sewed up by that week 17 game and don't play the 1st teamers all game, I think its possible. What better game to ignite a big win streak than one over the Colts this Sunday?

If we can beat Indy why would you be worried about playing NE's starters?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets take it a week at a time first lets take care of INdy at home

anything is possible ....... :P

if we do beat indy tho

Jax will be tough at home but if we win that

Maybe we can get a game win streak SEA at home does not scare me STL a trap game and MIA will be another big test not bigger then JAX on the road tho if we have a 5 game winning streak then the NE game will be our biggest game ever
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if we beat indy that might help NE secure Bye and home field atvantage
Old 11-24-2009   #5
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
If we can beat Indy why would you be worried about playing NE's starters?
My concern would be NE having to win that one to get the 2nd seed and a bye the first week, in which case they'll be playing week 17 like a playoff game. I'd rather see a NE team thats clinched that bye before our game and takes it easy rather than one trying to clinch the 2 seed.
Old 11-24-2009   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

thats what iam saying

Either way history shows its best to play NE at the end or start of the season and at home ..... being at home is so much better then playing up there
Old 11-24-2009   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Indy
@Jax
Sea
@Stl
@Mia
NE

This team winning 6 games in a row when Kubiak has proven he can't win more than half the games he coaches? I'm not buying. It would be nice, but it ain't happening.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2009   #8
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

last night deflated my optimism. this one hurt more than the rosencopter game. but if we somehow make the playoffs all will be well.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
last night deflated my optimism. this one hurt more than the rosencopter game. but if we somehow make the playoffs all will be well.
Crazy talk.

In the Rosencopter game I was running around my front yard nekkid, screaming "Go Texans!" going into the 4th quarter, then they ripped my heart out. This was a back and forth game that could have gone either way.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 11-24-2009   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Indy
@Jax
Sea
@Stl
@Mia
NE

Lol. With Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Miami, and New England on that schedule, I'm not buying anything less than 1-3 for those four teams. We totally suck. We're close to being a contender but almost everybody else is too. Seeing the Dolphins go 1-15 to the playoffs in one season says it all for me.

Put together a 5 win streak then MAYBE and I mean JUST MAYBE I'll start talking about a six game winning streak heading into the playoffs.

Get 'er done and we ain't getting 'er done.
Old 11-24-2009   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Lol. With Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Miami, and New England on that schedule, I'm not buying anything less than 1-3 for those four teams. We totally suck. We're close to being a contender but almost everybody else is too. Seeing the Dolphins go 1-15 to the playoffs in one season says it all for me.

Put together a 5 win streak then MAYBE and I mean JUST MAYBE I'll start talking about a six game winning streak heading into the playoffs.

Get 'er done and we ain't getting 'er done.
Well, we did go 5-1 to close out last season. We can always hope for a repeat.

Of course our schedule this time around isn't exactly Cle, Jax, GB, Ten, Oak, Chi either.

Old 11-24-2009   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to believe....

But I'm still too pissed and have not yet been able to stomach any kool aid or find my colored glasses yet.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Well, we did go 5-1 to close out last season. We can always hope for a repeat.

Of course our schedule this time around isn't exactly Cle, Jax, GB, Ten, Oak, Chi either.
we are the best team in the league when there is nothing to play for. Closing "strong' is overrated if you don't do it in the playoffs. Otherwise it's hollow and shallow, like Kubiak's game plans.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I want to believe....

But I'm still too pissed and have not yet been able to stomach any kool aid or find my colored glasses yet.
I'm past depression and anger. I'm now beginning the acceptance stage. We suck. I did not go home angry. I actually kept chuckling sadly the entire drive home. It is what we are. We did exactly what we always do when it counts. Lose.
Old 11-24-2009   #15
SICLICK
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 SICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden cover

We will not beat Indy.
SICLICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #16
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

I started the thread because I think we're being hypersensitive. It wasn't the Super Bowl. IF and thats a big IF, but IF we can end this season the way we've always seemed to, then a 6 game win streak is possible. Heck, 5-1 or 4-2 could still get a playoff birth. You never know week to week who could be lost to injury. Who'd have thought the Steelers would be hanging on a thread with Roethlesberger's concussion situation? He's a tick away from never playing football football again. Just let the season play out. Crazier things have happened.
Old 11-24-2009   #17
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

This is about the time last year that we went 5-1 under some Kubiak motivation (whatever that is). Let's do it again!! Amirite?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294021 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll see the Texans with a winning record at the end of the year, but they'll still be home watching the playoffs.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

I think Indy is fresh for a loss ........ IMO

But TB our injuries are catching up to us
Old 11-24-2009   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
If the Patriots have the 2nd spot in the AFC sewed up by that week 17 game and don't play the 1st teamers all game, I think its possible.
I'm so tired of hearing this.

We didn't lose yesterday, three weeks ago, or any game this season, because we were playing a better team.

It's a mental thing. Swagger, Intensity, Fire, heart, whatever you want to call it.

This team needs to understand that they aren't playing for a play-off spot, this is their play-offs right now.

Win or go home from here on out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read