Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2009   #1
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Opinion from an opposing fan

Yes I know the waters are frigid and filled with pissed off sharks today. I know I would feel the same if I were you.

My honest opinion is that the one element missing from your team is "fire in the belly." Yes there was emotion on the field, and yes, there is an intense rivalry on the rise, but I didn't see that extra 'gear' of fire from a team fighting for its playoff lives. I saw it from Pollard and Cushing, but no one on offense or on the sidelint seemed to have that 'anger urgency' knowing how big a game this was for the franchise.

I think the Texans needs an edgier coach - no offense to Kubiak but a less cerebral, more emotional and angry coaching staff is needed. The talent is in place at many key positions IMO for your team, it just needs something to put it all together, and at this stage, its time to upgrade from Kubiak and his staff.

Who to bring in? Hell if I know. Pick your emotional coach not currently in the league, but Schottenheimer, Cowher, hell even Holmgren would not have allowed the Texans to play a bit flat like I thought they did last night.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #2
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Opinion from an opposing fan

I agree.
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #3
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever bro. They have the fire. What they need is OD back and a new kicker.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
They were still losing important games with OD and before Kris Brown's current funk.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Giants lost Shockey then won a Super Bowl. It's not a TE that puts you over the top.

Old 11-24-2009   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i;d rather have calm cool and clear and cerebral

then guy just angry and yelling that will get u know were

Kubes stays hes the least of our problems
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to say it... but next year is the tell all for this staff. Kubiak aint going anywhere with McNair running the show. We have a few more holes to fill, and we have the youngest starting lineup in the NFL.

Beat Indy next week and things change dramatically around here. Small task right?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2009   #8
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i;d rather have calm cool and clear and cerebral

then guy just angry and yelling that will get u know were

Kubes stays hes the least of our problems
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #9
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
The Giants lost Shockey then won a Super Bowl. It's not a TE that puts you over the top.
I did not say that did I?
When you have a Manning at the helm, you could win a ring with a monkey as your TE and WR.

SB? Over the top?, what does that even mean?--postseason?, SB? Realistically, the Texans are trying to make the postseason and its quite obvious that losing one of the most productive TE in the league and having a bust for a kicker has severely hindered the chances of making the postseason.

I'm tired of all this opposing fan love-fest crap here. Go away already.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #10
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
When you have a Manning at the helm, you could win a ring with a monkey as your TE and WR.

SB? Over the top, what does that even mean--postseason, SB? Realistically, the Texans are trying to make the postseason and its quite obvious that losing on the most productive TE in the league and having a bust for a kicker has severely hindered the chances of making the postseason.
Look you obviously follow the team more than I do - but don't put Eli Manning on the same pedastal as his brother! They won because their D did the impossible and shut down the best O of the decade.

And to go from a perennial 8-8 team to a serious contender is not a stretch, not when you have 4 or 5 All Pros on the team. The loss of Daniels absolutely hurts, but its been Andre Johnson that has been the player torching the titans. Ask Kubiak why he would call a screen to Slaton when Johnson should damn well be the primary target.

And yes, obviously a kicker that can consistently make clutch FGs would be nice, but it would be nicer if he wasn't kicking 45YD+ FGs in those situations. Those aren't chipshots.

I was genuinely confused by the Texans last nite.

Old 11-24-2009   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollardized View Post
i agree.
+ 1

Steve Young said as much after the game and I couldn't agree more. Kubiak had them playing like there was another 10 minutes on the clock.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You do realize that Shockey played with Eli Manning not Peyton correct?

BTW, I agree 100% with Toronto.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I was genuinely confused by the Texans last nite.
Me too.

Actually, I knew we would come out flat. BYE week does that to us. When we've got ample time to gameplan... it gets a kink then the rest of the game is over. It's the Kubiak way. Kubiak was trying to outsmart Fisher rather than play our strengths.

Andre Johnson should demand a trade. I know he dropped three but four receptions for our All Pro? Absolutely demand it!
Old 11-24-2009   #14
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Coaching, and ultimately execution in crunch time, was the difference in this one. Texans, for the umpteenth time, played NOT TO LOSE! I don't think losing ever crossed the mind of Jeff Fisher or his squad. All VY did was manage the game. Nothing spectacular - highly professional. Kubes is a great guy and undoubtedly a solid football man.

Don't know if he has head coach make-up.He has put far too much faith in an offensive coordinator who only has a last name as his coaching credential. Key series - after Tennessee misses a FG in the 4th, Texans go 3 and out. Game over. Matt Schaub has great numbers, just don't know if he is the guy. Defense needs to get the other guys off of the field. Not enough stops when they needed them.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #15
TBC_Titan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Hate to say it... but next year is the tell all for this staff. Kubiak aint going anywhere with McNair running the show. We have a few more holes to fill, and we have the youngest starting lineup in the NFL.

Beat Indy next week and things change dramatically around here. Small task right?
You guys almost beat them last time...and held them to 20 points. You guys have the team to do it. Plus I'll be rooting for you guys. I hope Mario puts that big ass head of Poutin's in the ground.
Honestly, it's always fun to see Manning get decked, regardless of who does it! LOL
TBC_Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

manning wants no part of mario

last game mario didnt even touch him but his mere pressure casused Manning to go into ball form
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #17
TBC_Titan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
manning wants no part of mario

last game mario didnt even touch him but his mere pressure casused Manning to go into ball form
Please make Manning do that again this Sunday.
You Texans and us Titans may not be the best of friends, but I guarantee we share an equal hatred for the Baby Horsies.
TBC_Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #18
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually wonder why Tennesseans do not have this fawning love for Manning like Houstonians do for Young?
Old 11-24-2009   #19
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

I was actually very suprised you did not feed AJ more. Harper could not cover him. He had one good pass deflection but most of the time we was way out of position or steps behind him. After the TD I figured every time Harper lined up with him it was going his way.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, that way we can get back to the good ol' days of being one game over .500

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read