Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2009   #1
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default You can blame Kris Brown all you want but...

it's the coaching.

Plain and simple.

I had an epiphany in my sleep last night. Lord knows Kubiak has had his nuts on my chin for almost 4 seasons. I was a Kubiak guy but...

I see it now. He doesn't have it. I have given him the benefit of the doubt thinking he would learn how to coach a win. He can't do it. The guy just can't get out of "Coaching not to lose" mode.

Chris Brown as your feature back? Really?

71,999 people in Reliant knows that you have to spy VY every time he takes a 3 step drop and Frank Bush doesn't?

Eveyone who follows this team knows the interior of the offensive line is horrid but Kubiak doesn't?

And another thing...

I am starting to worry about the Carrification of Schaub. Sometimes the guy looks like a deer in the headlights out there.

The Texans will ruin another QB if they are not careful.

Come on man!

Last edited by Pantherstang84; 11-24-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #2
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You can blame Kris Brown all you want but...

So if Kris Brown made those two field goals and we won by three, you would have had these same criticisms?

VY used his blockers well on his runs. A running QB is the most difficult thing for any defense to account for. I think it's safe to say that Kubiak or Bush should not be fired over it.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
So if Kris Brown made those two field goals and we won by three, you would have had these same criticisms?

VY used his blockers well on his runs. A running QB is the most difficult thing for any defense to account for. I think it's safe to say that Kubiak or Bush should not be fired over it.
Yes I would. The offense used to be the strength of this team. Now it is the weakness. The interior of the offensive line is mush. Has been all season. Still they still fail to address it.

Want the running game fixed?
Fix the line.

Want more time for Schaub to throw?
Fix the line.

Want to convert 3 and 1 from the 1?
Fix the line.

I don't buy the "VY followed his blockers argument." The Texans simply did not account for him when he dropped back.

If you are relying on a field goal kicker to keep you in a game, you have problems.
Old 11-24-2009   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

The gameplan on both sides of the ball was crap.

The team was playing with zero sense of urgency in the 2nd half.

That's not on Kris Brown.

There are a half dozen other stiffs that could come in and take his job right now.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually the last two weeks its been Kris Brown.
And twice before that it was Chris Brown.

We've lost 5 games this season. 4 times we've had the opportunity to tie the game and force OT. Each time we've lost. And each time its been on the players.

This loss is squarely on KB in my opinion, and I hope he isn't around next week to ruin another game for us
Old 11-24-2009   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

VY is just an amazing scrambler....so much so that it more than makes up for his sub-par passing. He makes good defenders whiff and he can break tackles too....and regularly does. He should've been drafted #1 and we wouldn't have this problem. He would run our rollouts for TDs and we'd control the clock even better than the Tacs do these days. I HATE that he is going to be so successful in this league and I still would even if he played for some NFC team, but it's a fact.

This loss is not on KB. Their kicker missed one too. I do have to seriously question KB's overall performance over the last 3 games as a whole, but this is another game that will be blamed too much on him.

I do agree that some of the problem is play calling. We might feel that way with any coach, though. Generally, I think coaches in sports are over-credited for their successes anyway. Funny how superstar QBs always seem to play for the "best" coaches. Same goes for superstar pitchers and superstar centers. People will point out the obvious fact that they know way more about their game-plans and plays and players etc. than anyone else. Well, of course they do! It's their team and their job. They have all the access to all the info. and spend all the time doing it as their job... Truth is, they got to the level they are at because some high school stud player made them look good and then some college stud made them look good. The NFL is probably more full of good college recruiters than actually good coaches.

Last edited by HJam72; 11-24-2009 at 08:26 AM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #7
Rozelle
Rookie

Rep Power: 599 Rozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respected

I’ve been a Kubiak guy, however I agree he has what appears a play not to lose mentality. Two things that stood out for me last night…
1) Not having Slaton more involved. Yeah I know he has had issues putting the ball on the ground this year, but we’re not going to get to the playoffs without him and his big play ability. At least have him in there as a threat. Do you think Coach Fisher would feature White if Johnson was having fumbling issues?
2) Why not try a 8-10 yard out before the field goal to get Brown closer? Kubiak coached like a 48 yard FG was a gimmie.

I totally agree… why didn’t we have a spy on Young all night long?

Another one that got away!
Rozelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2009   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

55 snaps.... 16 run plays.

Chris Brown avg 3.3 ypc
Slaton avg 4.2

Why didn't we run more?
Old 11-24-2009   #9
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Chris Brown avg 3.3 ypc
Slaton avg 4.2

Why didn't we run more?
Coaching.
Old 11-24-2009   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Chris Brown avg 3.3 ypc
Slaton avg 4.2

Why didn't we run more?
We won't be a winning football team unless we can run the ball and we will never be able to run the ball until we do something about our interior offensive line. Unfortunately, this staff doesn't seem to think it needs to be changed.

Really it isn't just the interior line, it's the whole scheme and the type of linemen we choose. Winston gets blown back on run plays, especially stretch plays. Brown does at times, although he seems to do a pretty decent job on average. We don't go out and hit anybody at the LOS, we just dance with them.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #11
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Actually the last two weeks its been Kris Brown.
And twice before that it was Chris Brown.

We've lost 5 games this season. 4 times we've had the opportunity to tie the game and force OT. Each time we've lost. And each time its been on the players.

This loss is squarely on KB in my opinion, and I hope he isn't around next week to ruin another game for us
I agree, rep for you... How do you miss it twice in the clutch? No ice water in them veins...
Old 11-24-2009   #12
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Kris Brown is certainly not executing for us right now, but the problem IS the coaching and will be the coaching until Kubiak is gone.

They simply don't know how to execute to win. That's not just on one guy's foot, that's the team mentality.

2 weeks to prepare for this game and 17 points is all the offense can muster? Chris Brown is featured over Slaton? REALLY KUBIAK, REALLY?! The defense lets VcrY look like a champion in the pocket?

This team is just weak mentally and not prepared for these games. 2 weeks to watch game film on the Titans and this is what we get?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Kris Brown is certainly not executing for us right now, but the problem IS the coaching and will be the coaching until Kubiak is gone.

They simply don't know how to execute to win. That's not just on one guy's foot, that's the team mentality.

2 weeks to prepare for this game and 17 points is all the offense can muster? Chris Brown is featured over Slaton? REALLY KUBIAK, REALLY?! The defense lets VcrY look like a champion in the pocket?

This team is just weak mentally and not prepared for these games. 2 weeks to watch game film on the Titans and this is what we get?
And that is the bottom line. Mentally they are weak from top to bottom.

BTW...Did anyone see that shot of McNair on the sideline? Boy did he look pissed.
Old 11-24-2009   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I agree, rep for you... How do you miss it twice in the clutch? No ice water in them veins...
This is the exact same reason Pittsburgh got rid of Kris Brown..
silvrhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #15
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36745 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Kris Brown just had the bad luck to be the final Texan to ****** up last night. He certainly wasn't the only one.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Blaming Kris Brown is crap. Blaming coaching for not "spying" VY is crap. Shaun Cody was saying on 1560 that someone had VY for every play. So there goes that theory.

Blame:
While our defense has been much improved, it still sucks. 228 yards rushing. /Game.
Old 11-24-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 74059 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Blaming Kris Brown is crap. Blaming coaching for not "spying" VY is crap. Shaun Cody was saying on 1560 that someone had VY for every play. So there goes that theory.

Blame:
While our defense has been much improved, it still sucks. 228 yards rushing. /Game.
Yep, throw Dunta in with his dropped INT, 2 penalties and the TD by a rook and you've got a crappy day at work for the unit. Cushing on the other hand, left it all out on the field. D-Ryans played well too.
Old 11-24-2009   #18
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Blame:
Yeah, sure you could say that since we had guys let some plays get away, but that's KB one job to kick! He failed at all he was suppose to do.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
We won't be a winning football team unless we can run the ball and we will never be able to run the ball until we do something about our interior offensive line. Unfortunately, this staff doesn't seem to think it needs to be changed.

Really it isn't just the interior line, it's the whole scheme and the type of linemen we choose. Winston gets blown back on run plays, especially stretch plays. Brown does at times, although he seems to do a pretty decent job on average. We don't go out and hit anybody at the LOS, we just dance with them.
Chris Brown had 3.3 ypc
Slaton had 4.2

It wasn't a problem with the line, or the running backs..... our coaches for some reason thought we were down by 21 points or something, and started chucking the ball every play.

It's ridiculous how lopsided the play calling was.

I know you've got a personal *****, gripe, whatever with the "interior line" but they did their job today in the run game, I think we could have won this game, if someone on the side line would have thought to call a few more run plays.
Old 11-25-2009   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Chris Brown had 3.3 ypc
Slaton had 4.2

It wasn't a problem with the line, or the running backs..... our coaches for some reason thought we were down by 21 points or something, and started chucking the ball every play.

It's ridiculous how lopsided the play calling was.

I know you've got a personal *****, gripe, whatever with the "interior line" but they did their job today in the run game, I think we could have won this game, if someone on the side line would have thought to call a few more run plays.
Perhaps, but there isn't alot of evidence of that. We are horribly ineffective when we do decide to run.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read