Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2009   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Lost times in Afghanistan...

Well I'm home for R&R from Afghanistan, thats the good news. I made it in time last night to watch the Texans lose last night. I would've got on here last night but really didn't want to here anybody's shit last night on here. I have not seen but one game that the Texans have played this year, that was the Texans vs. Indy game. The only reason for that is because of the Colts fans in our MWR in Afghanistan, which is fine but majority of them are bandwagoners just because they are undefeated, but that's beside the point. To start out with.....um what happened to our running game?! I understand the situation that we had to bench Slaton for Moats but...Chris Brown?! Watching run him last night and you tell me that we couldn't pick up Larry Johnson?! So let me ask you this KUBIAK, or should I address his to "BOB"?! Do you think Chris Brown is better than LJ?! If not why in the hell you did not pick him up is beyond me. I can go on and on about this but I'll stop. Next, all ya'll know I'm a VY fine right, okay, but what made me sick to my stomach was him running like crazy, but no it really wasn't that...there was one run it was like 3rd and 7 or something like that, he took of to the sideline and made the 1st, I knew he was gonna run, I really think every else in Reliant knew he was gonna run, except the Texans...after that run the espn channel showed the press box on where Bud Adams and Eddie George was sitting, they EG shook his head like they didn't know he was gonna run and Bud got up laughing and gave EG a high five...that is what really ticked me off.

As for the defense we played descent, didn't really dominate but what the hell we did mediocre right?! An interception landed in DRobe's hands but what happened?! That's okay better luck next time...I don't know about the way Kris Brown is playing...you know when a kicker misses the game ending kick like that bad it just comes off to me as he was paid off. NO "ice the kicker" timeouts were called...nothing...just two games like that to tie the game for us to win in OT and you miss both identical games scores and everything...I don't understand...for you to play every game as a Texan and you do something like that. To miss one FG in the Indy game that's okay, if we had to lose one game that was it...but to the Titans too?! Well IF we still have him here by next game I'll see what the problem is on this team. You don't miss 2 identical FG's like that and still expect to be on a NFL team I don't care if you've played 800 consecutive games with 1 team...as a kicker...I would fire you in a heartbeat, that's just me.

Schaub played great last night even though I noticed every throw he threw was way low, now I ain't the only one that noticed that right?! VY played great last night, there was one throw he threw to Washington where it was on the money and he dropped it...maybe because of pass intereference him but I won't say nothing. Now I told ya'll VY is a winner thats what he does, as for right now he 8-0 or 7-0 as a starter and I'm happy for him. The thing is last night I wasn't really mad, I mean I was aggravated but not mad...And at least we gave it all we got, right?! Good game guys and by the way for all my fellow Texans you can forget about us and the playoffs...it ain't gonna happen. I just feel sorry for AJ to have that much talent and everybody on his nuts, even ESPN, and not to win that game...well all I can say is better luck next time. Pollard is the shit and that call for Cushing pushing VY outta bounds is garbage. I understand if he knocked the shit outta him but come on. Great game VY and no hard feelings

Sorry for the long thread it's been a while
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #2
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lost times in Afghanistan...

Welcome Back!!!

What you do is a whole lot more important than winning or losing a football game.

Thanks!!
Old 11-24-2009   #3
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

But the Titans vs. Texans you have to admit thats up there...
Old 11-24-2009   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

bassicaly we are not that good.
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Exactly, not a playoff team, can't handle the pressure. I mean it's a crushing loss. The most notable stat is the huge deficit in rushing yards. I'm baffled as to why Chris Brown received as many touches as he did and Slaton so few. Of course, Slaton dropped a big pass that may have been a first down. But you have to put your best player back there and consistently give him a chance to make plays. I understand punishment for the fumbling but he is our guy I don't think Chris Brown is that guy. Slaton may not be the long-term answer, but he is the best player for that position that we have right now. He certainly has the most big play potential. He needs to play more consistently or he's going to lose his confidence completely. There's no sense in juggling this every week. I would think that just frustrates players. So where do we go from here? You have to get ready for Indy. We can't sit a stew over this. Nor can we worry about playoffs and all of that either. Just have to take a game at a time. Name Slaton your starter for the rest of the season, end of story, and move forward...
Old 11-24-2009   #6
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are the Aggies of the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read