Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Face It the Past 2 Weeks Its All Kris Browns Fault

Schaub's led this team on 2 possible game-tying drives if this klutz could make a clutch field goal for once all year...

Its simple: he makes field goals and its possible were 7-3 right now and talking extension for Kubiak

Our kicker is F'ing our season and thats so frustrating!

What do we do? This seems helpless!!
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #2
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Face It the Past 2 Weeks Its All Kris Browns Fault

I still can't find it in me to completly blame Kris. Kubes does little things that show no faith/guts/balls and the players/fans know it, conciously or sub....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've tried to stay away from the board tonight but there is just one thought that I feel that I need to express.

Great teams find ways to win. Even in the most dire circumstances they find a way to get it done.

Mediocre teams find ways to lose. Even when all they need is for just one guy to just make one play they somehow can't get it done.

Now, which category are we in?

This team is on the rise and we have a lot of potential, but I'm tired of talking about potential. I think I and plenty of others have waited long enough to see some results. I'm not going anywhere and I'm a die-hard Texans fan to the core but I feel like this season has been the most frustrating one yet. We were supposed to be over the hump, we were supposed to be past this crap, but we aren't. We are in the same place we have been for three years now and it's pretty damn aggravating.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #4
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Schaub's led this team on 2 possible game-tying drives if this klutz could make a clutch field goal for once all year...

Its simple: he makes field goals and its possible were 7-3 right now and talking extension for Kubiak

Our kicker is F'ing our season and thats so frustrating!

What do we do? This seems helpless!!
I don't typically blame one person, but Kris Brown is really starting to get me there. He's throwing away our season.
Old 11-24-2009   #5
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't just Kris Brown for being 5-5!

But you can blame both Brown's for it!

imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Every single player with the last name Brown on the Texans has started sucking big time, one way or another. CC, Chris, and Kris. This is too weird.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #7
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I've tried to stay away from the board tonight but there is just one thought that I feel that I need to express.

Great teams find ways to win. Even in the most dire circumstances they find a way to get it done.

Mediocre teams find ways to lose. Even when all they need is for just one guy to just make one play they somehow can't get it done.

Now, which category are we in?

This team is on the rise and we have a lot of potential, but I'm tired of talking about potential. I think I and plenty of others have waited long enough to see some results. I'm not going anywhere and I'm a die-hard Texans fan to the core but I feel like this season has been the most frustrating one yet. We were supposed to be over the hump, we were supposed to be past this crap, but we aren't. We are in the same place we have been for three years now and it's pretty damn aggravating.

this franchise is still searching for an identity and until we find one and play to it consistently we won't be better than medicore at best.
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2009   #8
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Every single player with the last name Brown on the Texans has started sucking big time, one way or another. CC, Chris, and Kris. This is too weird.
Duane?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

when they showed kb during the drive inside the last minute of the 4th, i thought he looked like a corpse. maybe he should get into zen meditation or something. ultimately, we should've put ourselves in a position where we didn't need to rely on kris brown.
Old 11-24-2009   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
when they showed kb during the drive inside the last minute of the 4th, i thought he looked like a corpse. maybe he should get into zen meditation or something. ultimately, we should've put ourselves in a position where we didn't need to rely on kris brown.
True. We had plenty of chances to put this game away and blew all of them.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

as much as i want to deflect, you're right - kris brown has arguably cost 2 consecutive games against division opponents. nobody's perfect but kickers need to be automatic from inside 40 and no worse than 9/10 from inside 50. kris is falling short of that standard. he knows that and i guarantee that he's working harder than any special teamer in the league, but that in no way excuses the result.

i cant however pin it all on brown. sure his flaws are the easiest to see, and i agree with his presser that he failed to do his job, but zero sacks and multiple converted long 3rd downs dont belong to special teams. dropped passes and poor throws and poor overall decisions on offense dont belong to the special teams. horrid penalties whether deserved (indy) or undeserved (tennessee) dont belong on the special teams. we either win as a team or we lose as one.
Old 11-24-2009   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
zero sacks
Old 11-24-2009   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Duane?
Oh snap!

I meant to say, any Brown who's first name begins in a "cuh" sound.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u win has a team u loss has a team i can go down the list on why we lost

-Chris Brown hes No slaton or moats

-Glenn Martinez hes no JJ and JJ got sick costed us

-James Casey why they didnt throw the ball to him who knows hes deff no OD but then again he has not gotten the chance for some reason i dont know

- Antoine Caldwell-Rookster
- Chris Myers
- Kasey Studdard
- Chris White
- There no all star lineup maybe thats why we lost

- Shaun Cody
- Amobi Okoye
- Antonio Smith

just like o line i still think we are soft in the middle of the D line

Linebackers god bless them

Secondary iam not even going to speak of them u know what it is.... i will speak on

- Dunta Robinson ... u said u wanted top 5 CB money 20 million well lets just say your not a top 5 CB infact u never were Infact u Kinda Suck maybe DR is why we lost tonights game

KB missed 2 FG yeah maybe thats why we lost

Tenn wa smart to Differ when they knew we start slow on O

maybe we lost becasue of a curse maybe because the astrodome is still standing next to the Stadinum maybe we are a finness team and got Buss in da mouf from a physical team with nothing to lose

or maybe VY is really a Super star QB

But i think its a mixture of all that why we lost a T E A M LOSS

THank u good night
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #15
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Its the Cleveland Browns syndrome.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

If he was playing for a coach that had a pair, he'd be on the street right now.

Kickers are a dime a dozen.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans being 5-5 is not any single players fault. If you insist on blaming just one person, it would have to be Kubiac, but even at that he isn't the one blowing coverages, dropping passes and missing FGs.

It's a team effort by the Texans to be 5-5 and embarrassed by Sausage Boy on national TV.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Kris Brown resigns from the team. If I was him, I would never, ever, ever show my face at Reliant again. How he could ever look his teammates in the eyes is beyond me.

All you have to do is kick a ball straight ahead. Thats it. They even got it right in the middle of the damn field. And he ends up wide left by about 10 yards.
Old 11-24-2009   #19
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Kickers are a dime a dozen.
i'm sure the top two in points scored in nfl history agree. it's easy, you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
All you have to do is kick a ball straight ahead. Thats it. They even got it right in the middle of the damn field. And he ends up wide left by about 10 yards.
that's just plain ignorant. all tiger has to do is hit the ball straight 18 times ... how many fairways does he average? yao just has to shoot from a short distance without anyone guarding him ... what's his free throw percentage? a rotation of no less than 8 players have 50+ snaps to tackle a player 5 yards away ... how many sacks did we have? i'm not defending kris's performance, because those are kicks a professional needs to make, but i'm not for attacking the position.
Old 11-24-2009   #20
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm sure the top two in points scored in nfl history agree. it's easy, you do it.

that's just plain ignorant. all tiger has to do is hit the ball straight 18 times ... how many fairways does he average? yao just has to shoot from a short distance without anyone guarding him ... what's his free throw percentage? a rotation of no less than 8 players have 50+ snaps to tackle a player 5 yards away ... how many sacks did we have? i'm not defending kris's performance, because those are kicks a professional needs to make, but i'm not for attacking the position.
Here is the problem with your argument...

It is one thing if you are asking a line backer for example to go make a filed goal.

The place kicker has 1 job on a football team. Kick the ball. That's it. Just kick a ball. If they can't do it, the only other job for them is water boy.

Kris Brown gets paid to kick a ball. This year he has been failing at it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read