Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which bandwagon fans are worse?
Houston 11 26.83%
Dallas 8 19.51%
Los Angeles 3 7.32%
Dallas/L.A. fans are in an entirely different league of awful 19 46.34%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2009   #1
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which bandwagon fans are worse? Houston? Dallas? L.A.?

If the comparison to L.A. is embarrassing, then good. It means you have standards. If not, then you're probably the type of person that is responsible for L.A. not even having a pro football team.

If you go to the Bengals message boards after they lost to the Texans, you're not going to see things like "FIRE LEWIS!" or "I am done with this team!" or "I knew we weren't for real!" Considering how bad the Bengals record has been historically, they have way more reasons to be susceptible to instant disillusionment than Texans fans. They don't have the youngest accumulative age of any team in the league. They don't have a QB who has only started a little more than two full seasons. They don't have a team that had to recover from a tragically bad GM by rebuilding itself over the past four years.

Despite all those reasons (and more), many Houston fans consider three-point losses to division rivals to be intolerable.

Maybe it's because these fans grew up during the time when Houston had no pro football team, and they never learned that every pro team must learn to lose, and they must even go through long periods of losing and paying their dues. If you want a team that rolls over every opponent every year, then stick to college football. You can't handle parity.

The worst part about these kneejerkers who are vowing to abandon the Texans is that eventually, after the team improves, you'll come right back. That kind of absent integrity is exactly why I committed to this team during the year they finished 2-14. I knew the Texans would be good one day, and I didn't want anyone confusing me with a worthless bandwagon jumper.

Last edited by Brisco_County; 11-24-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #2
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which bandwagon fans are worse? Houston? Dallas? L.A.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
If the comparison to L.A. is embarrassing, then good. It means you have standards. If not, then you're probably the type of person that is responsible for L.A. not even having a pro football team.

If you go to the Bengals message boards after they lost to the Texans, you're not going to see things like "FIRE LEWIS!" or "I am done with this team!" or "I knew we weren't for real!" Considering how bad the Bengals record has been historically, they have way more reasons to be susceptible to instant disillusionment than Texans fans. They don't have the youngest accumulative age of any team in the league. They don't have a QB who has only started a little more than two full season. They don't have a team that had to recover from a tragically bad GM by rebuilding itself over the past four years.

Despite all those reasons (and more), many Houston fans consider three-point losses to division rivals to be intolerable.

Maybe it's because these fans grew up during the time when Houston had no pro football team, and they never learned that every pro team must learn to lose, and they must even go through long periods of losing and paying their dues. If you want a team that rolls over every opponent every year, then stick to college football. You can't handle parity.

The worst part about you kneejerkers who are vowing to abandon the Texans is that after the team has improved, you'll come right back. That kind of absent integrity is exactly why I committed to this team after they finished 2-14. I knew the Texans would improve, and I didn't want anyone confusing me with a worthless bandwagon jumper.
I dont think Dallas has that many bandwagon fans, but then again I live in Dallas south and everyone here loves the Cowboys no matter what. I agree that I think people over react, but that is just natural for anyone who invest physically/emotionally into something that they love. I don't think that this board has any bandwagon fans and if it does I think they should just not post here.
Old 11-24-2009   #3
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I don't think that this board has any bandwagon fans and if it does I think they should just not post here.
You're kidding, right? Whenever we lose there are four times more threads created for people to ***** about something than there are when we win.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #4
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Huh?

Is this because of the fire KB threads?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #5
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
You're kidding, right? Whenever we lose there are four times more threads created for people to ***** about something than there are when we win.
Exactly. They use these boards to vent because they don't have enough perspective to deal with their frustration.
Old 11-24-2009   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Because this team is actually EXPECTED to win now, because we have all the tools to win, we just don't. So we ***** when we lose, plain and simple. Because we SHOULD be winning these GD games!
Old 11-24-2009   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Huh?

Is this because of the fire KB threads?
Here's an explicit example:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...=1#post1307009

It's also a response to people who don't know how to handle a loss. They think someone should be fired, or they say the team will always be losers.
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2009   #8
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans fans are easily the worst in the NFL.

After week 1 we had fire Kubiak, Fire Smith, Bench Schaub, McNair should sell the team, etc. threads.

I mean seriously. 16 teams lost week 1, and we had crack heads demanding we fire everybody because we were one of those 16.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #9
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Because this team is actually EXPECTED to win now, because we have all the tools to win, we just don't. So we ***** when we lose, plain and simple. Because we SHOULD be winning these GD games!
Very true, and I feel the same frustration. The answer is that this team is green. They (including the coach) need more experience and more trial-and-error with personnel until they reach consistency and the expectations are 100% realistic.
Old 11-24-2009   #10
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Section: 521
Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

How does a team that has never had a winning record have bandwagon fans?

I guess some people are just better losers than others.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #11
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

After week 1 we had fire Kubiak, Fire Smith, Bench Schaub, McNair should sell the team, etc. threads.

I mean seriously. 16 teams lost week 1, and we had crack heads demanding we fire everybody because we were one of those 16.
What's getting old is having to filter through all that crap just to find the content I'm looking for from the good posters.

My optimistic side wants to believe that the kneejerkers are mostly young, and they didn't grow up with a pro football team.
Old 11-24-2009   #12
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

We probably got the best fans of ALL of them.
That place was FULL at kickoff, and we ain't NEVER won a THING!!

Houston is soooooo starving for a winner, that Reliant gets PACKED
EVERY TIME the Texans need to take THAT NEXT STEP. EVERYTIME
they're about to grow up, THEY **** THEIR PANTS!!!

They did it TWICE in BACK-TO-BACK games!!! Don't TELL me Houston
ONLY supports the Texans win they win, cuz Houston luvs 'em and
THEY AIN'T WON FOR US!!!
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58892 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

So your definition of a true fan (such as yourself) is someone who accepts loosing and never complains? Sounds like a broken fan to me. Someone who has taken so much heartache they just dont have the energy to be pationate anymore.

Well forgive this bandwagon fan (by your definition) but im going to let it be known when we dont perform up to the standard I have set for this team. I give them my heart and I expect nothing less from them in return.
Old 11-24-2009   #14
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

There are no bandwagon fans on this board, and there were none in
Reliant Stadium last night. If Houston had the most bandwagon fans, then
Reliant would be empty every Sunday, and this board would be dead.

Bandwagon fans don't respond with anger and passion.

Bandwagon fans respond with apathy.

The Rockets are mediocre, but the team plays hard and the stands stay full.
If this team continues to give the effort they gave tonight, win or lose, Reliant
will be packed on Sundays at noon. <no more primetime games>
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #15
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Which bandwagon fans are worse? Houston? Dallas? L.A.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Man exactly REP
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
So your definition of a true fan (such as yourself) is someone who accepts loosing and never complains? Sounds like a broken fan to me. Someone who has taken so much heartache they just dont have the energy to be pationate anymore.

Well forgive this bandwagon fan (by your definition) but im going to let it be known when we dont perform up to the standard I have set for this team. I give them my heart and I expect nothing less from them in return.
So because I dislike one extreme, that must mean I'm of the other extreme? Ok!

I'm not defining what a true fan is, only an obnoxious one. Like the kind who say they're done with the team every time they lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
There are no bandwagon fans on this board, and there were none in
Reliant Stadium last night. If Houston had the most bandwagon fans, then
Reliant would be empty every Sunday, and this board would be dead.

Bandwagon fans don't respond with anger and passion.

Bandwagon fans respond with apathy.

The Rockets are mediocre, but the team plays hard and the stands stay full.
If this team continues to give the effort they gave tonight, win or lose, Reliant
will be packed on Sundays at noon. <no more primetime games>
The turnout for the game was awesome, but that's not what I'm referring to. I'm surprised that you guys see the same thread titles on this forum that I see and don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 11-24-2009   #17
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

What is getting really effing old is the term "bandwagon" being thrown around all the time. It's the sports equivalent of challenging someones patriotism. Besides, who the F-_k bandwagons a .500, perrenially mediocre team????

I haven't made any posts here after this game or started any threads talking about fire him, eff them, do this, do that, but yeah, I'm tired of the dissapointment.

I know I don't fall into that category, but I'm still tired of hearing and seeing it. Been on board since day 1 with the Texans, spent more money, time and emotion than I should on this team.

I'm also tired of the playstation pioneers and madden marshals who, because they can string some sentences together after they watch their DVR version of the game, criticize others who watched the game in real time and moved on and may have missed some subtle block or something.

I'll never stop rooting for this team. This is getting old though when people who are frustrated aren't supposed to ***** about anything or they will be called bandwagon. If you're calling for someone to be fired...it's irrational and maybe that person is bandwagon, but I hesitate to use that term unless it is blatantly obvious.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing

Last edited by HTown2ATX; 11-24-2009 at 07:58 AM.
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what happens when a team that is supposed to win blows big game after big game.

We've had 4 chances to go into overtime in our 5 losses. We've failed, embarassingly, in all 4.

If you can't handle the messageboard, you don't have to read it after a game. Its quite simple. Its our perogative to complain. I'm not a bandwagon fan, Im just tired of seeing us act snake-bit week in and week out
Old 11-24-2009   #19
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
What is getting really effing old is the term "bandwagon" being thrown around all the time. It's the sports equivalent of challenging someones patriotism. Besides, who the F-_k bandwagons a .500, perrenially mediocre team????

I haven't made any posts here after this game or started any threads talking about fire him, eff them, do this, do that, but yeah, I'm tired of the dissapointment.

I know I don't fall into that category, but I'm still tired of hearing and seeing it. Been on board since day 1 with the Texans, spent more money, time and emotion than I should on this team.

I'm also tired of the playstation pioneers and madden marshals who, because they can string some sentences together after they watch their DVR version of the game, criticize others who watched the game in real time and moved on and may have missed some subtle block or something.

I'll never stop rooting for this team. This is getting old though when people who are frustrated aren't supposed to ***** about anything or they will be called bandwagon. If you're calling for someone to be fired...it's irrational and maybe that person is bandwagon, but I hesitate to use that term unless it is blatantly obvious.
On these boards, it is blatantly obvious.

Bitching is fine. That's what we're supposed to do.

But the abandonment rate here is ridiculous. "FIRE _____!" and "I'm done with this team!" after losing by three points is something I don't understand. I almost understand the kneejerk reactions after the Jets game, but lately too many people have become completely irrational.
Old 11-24-2009   #20
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

I tend to agree. As we were leaving the stadium last night a guy knocked on our window to take a poll if Kubiak should be fired. He didn't like the answer he got and was ready to boo us.

For the most part, perhaps, 99 percent, Cowboys fans aren't bandwagon. We have had too many years of mediocre performance, yet the loyalty is still there. Bandwagon would have gone on to be fans of New England, Colts, Steelers or what ever exciting flavor of the year.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read