Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2009   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where was Moats?

I must have missed an injury at some point ... only reason I would have Chris Brown out there ...
Old 11-24-2009   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where was Moats?

Were was slaton ?????

and moats ?????

i just came back from the game was slaton injured or something
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #3
spek
Rookie

I agree, he would have been a nice change of pace, with 2 weeks to prepare i would have liked to see Slaton used more intellegently.
spek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #4
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

610 said the thought was give it to Brown more, scared of the Super Slaton fumble. But not one mention of Moats
Old 11-24-2009   #5
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

So was Moats a late injury?

If not, it makes no sense NOT to play him over C.Brown. Just go with what was working guys...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

How the hell does Kubiak justify putting in Brown as the every down back in even over Moats. Moats has shown way more than Brown ever has as a Houston Texan and somehow Brown is getting all of these carries even after Moats just recently had the best game of any Houston RB all year. Moats not getting any touches at all was ridiculous.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
How the hell does Kubiak justify putting in Brown as the every down back in even over Moats. Moats has shown way more than Brown ever has as a Houston Texan and somehow Brown is getting all of these carries even after Moats just recently had the best game of any Houston RB all year. Moats not getting any touches at all was ridiculous.
Which is why I felt the Texans should have pursued Larry Johnson. Our run game is atrocious on every level and that includes Ryan Moats and Arian Foster. We need a proven runner who does not fumble and that is not Ryan Moats.
Old 11-24-2009   #8
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 102 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Which is why I felt the Texans should have pursued Larry Johnson. Our run game is atrocious on every level and that includes Ryan Moats and Arian Foster. We need a proven runner who does not fumble and that is not Ryan Moats.
hmmm, i don't know why Ryan Moats, who was dressed for the game, didn't play but the LJ argument is crazy if we are speaking of fumbling. He had three fumbles this season as a Chief and is washed up. Moats has fumbled the same amount of times as Chris Brown and didn't hit the field after having two productive weeks? I can't wait to hear what Kubes says about this one.
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikster View Post
hmmm, i don't know why Ryan Moats, who was dressed for the game, didn't play but the LJ argument is crazy if we are speaking of fumbling. He had three fumbles this season as a Chief and is washed up. Moats has fumbled the same amount of times as Chris Brown and didn't hit the field after having two productive weeks? I can't wait to hear what Kubes says about this one.
Incorrect. He had two fumbles in 132 attempts over 7 games this season. A far cry from Slaton's league leading fumbles and Moats\Brown's goalline losses. I don't want any of them on the field too much. I think we used Slaton really well tonight but we've got to get him more involved. I'd feel a lot better about it if we had an actual threat that could be used to replace him. The Titans saw Slaton every time he lined up at WR. Imagine us having a RB to keep defenses honest. LJ would have filled that role really well.

You know what? It doesn't matter anyway. LJ plays for the Panthers and Benson runs for the Bengals. That's just the way it is and I need to accept that but it's hard for me to try and not speak up on that knowing that the opportunity was there. Why did it not happen? I don't know and I don't really care. I trust in my Texans' front office then again they're not winning games right now so it makes it a bit difficult for me not to question some things they've done or not done.

Last edited by NitroGSXR; 11-24-2009 at 03:25 AM.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i've been towards the forefront against him, but for me the question was "where was slaton"? i've wanted him benched for extended periods and made a point of emphasis that he has to earn his job back, but the criteria is that he's given the right opportunities to do so. that didnt happen today and as much as i like moats and even chris brown coming in to provide more consistancy rushing, i spent the game wondering why slaton wasnt used.

my assumption is two things ... one that chris brown's familiarity with the titans was something kubiak was hoping he could exploit. the other is slaton still cant find the inside lane and is pushing the rush past his blockers. i think chris johnson makes a great example of that - he's outside at the second level while slaton tries to get outside against the first. i agree though that this is where moats against the titan's cover 2 shell would've been able to push the lane and make a MUCH bigger impact, and give the texans a more legitimate play action.
Old 11-24-2009   #11
unreals
Rookie

Yes, indeed, the question should definitely be "Where was Slaton?" Slaton started out rushing for 14 yards on his first 2 carries. He also impressively scored on a 3 yard shuttle pass, but thereafter practically disappeared from the offense. Meanwhile, Chris "Lightning" Brown was averaging less than 3 ypc but was on the field far more often than Slaton.

Please tell me how this makes any sense whatsoever. Moats proved last game that he has been a career third stringer and special teams player for a good reason. Chris Brown has never shown a propensity for anything on the football field, except for being extremely injury prone. I've maintained that Kubiak doesn't like Slaton, and I think that should be obvious by now. What other logical reason would a coach have to name Slaton the starter, then give most of the touches to someone else? You can't blame fumbling this time. And you can't say it was because Slaton was ineffective- on the contrary, he started out very well. His reward for that was to watch from the sidelines most of the night, while a ridiculous journeyman like Brown saw most of the action at RB.

I'm sure that Slaton is hoping the team hires a new coach.
unreals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

where was our guards in run blocking ??????????????/////

Kasey

white

and CHris ?????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #13
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubes and Co. felt that Chris Brown wanted revenge and wanted to show the Titans up. GG's all around that didnt work and I would have loved to see Moats with the ball.
Old 11-24-2009   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=24

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's the run blocking this year. I think that this team is missing Chester Pitts in a big way in the run game.

The only guy that can find the holes between the tackles this season has been Moats. I don't care about who's the starter, who's the future, who's the man....it was stupid not to play Moats in this game.

I don't care about locker room politics. I care about production.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read