Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2009   #1
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer
Default Great Game...Goodbye to All

It was a well played game by both teams. Unfortunately, the Texans just can't seem to get over the hump. Tenn is the best 4 win team in the NFL. There defense is great and they have a good running game. There is not one thing that you can point to that the Texans did wrong...they were just the Texans. I hate to say it, but the franchise is just snake bit. We rarely win the close one, and in a lot of cases we just give it away.

It has been a lot of years and a lot of posts. As the clock was ticking down today and I was waiting for the inevitable end, I realized that it just isn't fun any more. There are so many things to love about this team, but the fact that we can't ever seem to get it together at the end of the day is too much to take...week in week out, season in, season out.

For my last post, a couple of thoughts:

(1) I don't know where we end this season. This loss, after the last loss, is going to sting. I would hope that we would finish 8-8, but if this team stays together there is still a strong possibility for a winning record. I don't think 8 or 9 wins should be enough for Kubes to save his job. We have had some tough losses this year, but I think that is the point. We need a coach that can give us that edge to get over the hump. Kubes should be commended for where he has taken the team, but I have lost all confidence that he is the guy to take us to the next level.

(2) I will go to my grave saying that we made the right choice in the 2006 draft...from a talent perspective. VY played a masterful game today, but he wouldn't have been the guy in this offense. He is a great peice in the right offense, but he'll never be a guy to go out and win games. He is a great wrinkle for the right talent on a team.
- Unfortunately, we will play him twice a year for the next ten years and no matter how well the Texans do, this pick will haunt this team. From a marketing perspective and a national support perspective, VY would have been the right choice.
- Again, there are no fingers to be pointed here - it is just part of the bad luck that I perceive following this organization.

(3) This is a great board. The football talk is great, the posters are respectful and I have a lot of respect for the die hard fans that stick by this team year in and year out. There is a lot of disappointment, but this thing will turn around sooner or later and it will be sweet for all of you long time posters.
- I wish I had more patience, but I just don't have it at this point. For a long time I just wanted us to be competitive, but these close games hurt more than the blowouts. It is more frustrating than fun.

All the best.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Great Game...Goodbye to All

See ya, tell Jerry or Bud or whomever I said "Go to Hell" when you get to your new team.

Last edited by Showtime100; 11-24-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #3
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do you say you are done with the team and then refer to them as "we" in the next sentence? The Texans are now "you guys" to you. Bye.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #4
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Why do you say you are done with the team and then refer to them as "we" in the next sentence? The Texans are now "you guys" to you. Bye.
yes!
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #5
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

are you for real?

this was a great game - i'm so gutted right now that we lost - but i'm so gutted because i love this team. I couldn't just walk away after a close loss like this. We're very close to becoming a great team. I love the players on this team - Cushing is going to be a monster for years to come.

Brown missed two kicks that would have at least keep us in the game - so it was that close.

Tenn are a good team - i think and astute football fan would realise that they are better than their current record.

Oh do we need to sort out our running game.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #6
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm leaving too, I've decided to root for Denver, of wait it's after week 6. OK, OK, I'm going for the Vikings, no, wait I'm a Colts fan......

Maybe a life long Saints fan, I just can't decide......
Old 11-24-2009   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
yes!
Oh God, way to turn this into a pissing contest. Who cares how he referred to the team--us, we, them, yous guys.......missing the point.

The point, another lost fan that just can't take it anymore. Show some compassion.

OP, I understand. If and when the Texans get to be relevant, the franchise will still sell you a ticket and a beer so don't worry about what these guys say.

good luck.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2009   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

As a longtime Houston pro football fan I would be more inclined to just give up on the sport period. There has to be better hobbies out there that don't have the emotional toll.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #9
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I'm leaving too, I've decided to root for Denver, of wait it's after week 6. OK, OK, I'm going for the Vikings, no, wait I'm a Colts fan......

Maybe a life long Saints fan, I just can't decide......
...or a longtime pats fan!!!

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #10
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

isn't that why we all watch sport - we put ourselves through this shit just because when it goes our way it feels great.
Old 11-24-2009   #11
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
isn't that why we all watch sport - we put ourselves through this shit just because when it goes our way it feels great.
When has it ever gone our way? I have no happy moments with this team, just 7yrs of heart break.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #12
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
When has it ever gone our way? I have no happy moments with this team, just 7yrs of heart break.
But there was that one time when.......

when we umm,

that one game that we......

yeah, I got nothing.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #13
JayCee
Veteran

Quote:
well we haven't had the team for it to go our way yet - but we're getting closer.
Old 11-24-2009   #14
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29204 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
As a longtime Houston pro football fan I would be more inclined to just give up on the sport period. There has to be better hobbies out there that don't have the emotional toll.
You mean like jigsaw puzzles? Any sport will take an emotional toll on you if you allow yourself to become emotionally invested--football, soccer, cricket, curling, polo. Anything. That's the risk we all take.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #15
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
The point, another lost fan that just can't take it anymore. Show some compassion.
^^^^^^
This

Cut the guy some slack.
Old 11-24-2009   #16
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is happening on the floor just below the floor this message board occupies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5aN0VmvFn4
Old 11-24-2009   #17
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109073 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

What sucks is that you'll be back again, pretending like this never happened.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I've still got my Cougars.

Go Coogs!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #19
Blazin' Toro
The Underdog

Rep Power: 87 Blazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Blazin' Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
What sucks is that you'll be back again, pretending like this never happened.
This is correct and I believe the proper way for fans and the team do go about things, it sucks that we lost but we still gotta keep on striding forward, who knows we can go 11-5, I doubt it.
Old 11-24-2009   #20
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about that for hyperbole? No happy moments? Give me a break.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read