Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2009   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The officiating tonight was AWFUL, but..

it didn't cost us the game.

Terrible calls and non-calls on both sides of the ball.

No tripping on Bulman? No catch on that Crumpler play? Lucky calls for us.

No call on Finnegan for dragging Anderson? No call for delay of game on the Titans when they purposely wouldn't get off the pile? That horsecaller garbage at the end of the game?

Ugh. This was the worst officiated game, on both sides, Ive seen all year
Old 11-24-2009   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The officiating tonight was AWFUL, but..

Nah.

We got away with the tripping, but that's it. Alge didn't catch that ball. It hit the ground.

The horsecollar really killed us. That was such a BS call.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Don't forget the no call personal foul when the Titans players were throwing punches during the first skirmish to open the game.
Old 11-24-2009   #4
qman_tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 80 qman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Nah.

We got away with the tripping, but that's it. Alge didn't catch that ball. It hit the ground.

This is horsecollar, at the end of Mathis's return:

http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d801d223a
qman_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
it didn't cost us the game.

Terrible calls and non-calls on both sides of the ball.

No tripping on Bulman? No catch on that Crumpler play? Lucky calls for us.

No call on Finnegan for dragging Anderson? No call for delay of game on the Titans when they purposely wouldn't get off the pile? That horsecaller garbage at the end of the game?

Ugh. This was the worst officiated game, on both sides, Ive seen all year
It certainly didn't help.

Cushings gets called, yet I saw at least three calls that should have went against the Tacks.

So two weeks ago the NFL wanted to keep the Colts undefeated season because it's good for ratings, now the Titans that were 13-3 last year, and started the year 0-6 have won three straight. Wow it sure would be great for the NFL is the Tacks could some how make the playoffs!!!!

I'm really not a conspiracy theory guy, but what the F, are you serious. I just can't see how the NFL can expect the fans to not call BS!!!!
Old 11-24-2009   #6
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the officiating was fairly lopsided the whole game. I was really disappointed with the calls. Mario was held on several of VY's runs out of the pocket. There was a facemask on Slaton that didn't get called. I could go on. I think it was a very lopsided game towards the Titans, but I agree that's not what cost us the game.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Crumpler caught that ball. classic Bert Emanuel rule.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2009   #8
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I thought the officiating was fairly lopsided the whole game. I was really disappointed with the calls. Mario was held on several of VY's runs out of the pocket. There was a facemask on Slaton that didn't get called. I could go on. I think it was a very lopsided game towards the Titans, but I agree that's not what cost us the game.
I think people say this so they won't be one of the fans that are labeled as "don't blame it on the refs".

But seriously, the refs messed us up almost as bad as Kris Brown did. That "horsecollar" thing especially. That was a pathetic call.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #9
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

The horse collar cost us and also there should have been a call on Finnegan when he was pulling David Anderson by the leg. The officiating this year ALL over the LEAGUE has been horrible.
Old 11-24-2009   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh. After all the flags against Indianapolis, I was just glad that they just let us play football. Do away with all the tick tacky calls for the national stage. At least the officiating wasn't one sided, ya know?
Old 11-24-2009   #11
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Good teams win in spite of bad calls. They don't lose because of bad calls.

We've got to get over it.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Nah.

i think ac caught the hell out of that ball. the trip showed me that he was trying, i don't understand why you can't trip someone when it's alright to blast someone's brain out the back of your head with your shoulder. it was an entertaining game, but i can't say that i'm not let down.
Old 11-24-2009   #13
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1277 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

I am curious. Do the Texans ever lose on their own merits - you know, lacking the ability to close a game, lacking the discipline to not commit stupid penalties, having a kicker who can hit with the game on the line - or is it always the refs' fault?
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #14
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
I am curious. Do the Texans ever lose on their own merits - you know, lacking the ability to close a game, lacking the discipline to not commit stupid penalties, having a kicker who can hit with the game on the line - or is it always the refs' fault?
Yup they sure do. I'm curious, do you really have to come over here and be dick?
Old 11-24-2009   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I find it hard to take anything away from the Titans in this game. VY and CJ
played their best games as Titans. The Texans defense didn't play bad, they
just left some key plays on the field <Cushing not wrapping up on Johnson's 50+yard run,
Dunta dropping a gimme pick.> The Texans offense didn't play bad, they
also left too many plays on the field <3 drops by AJ, Slaton dropping an easy
3rd and 10 throw by Schaub, Kris Brown shanking 2 gimme (for him) fieldgoals,
etc.>

The Texans are starting to learn that the biggest difference between the
elite teams and the good teams (which the Texans are), is about 1 or 2
plays in any given game that either win or get you beat. The Texans
are NOT making that 1 play to get them that 'W' on a consistent basis.

5 wins

5 losses (1 asskicking, twice getting shut down at the 1 yardline, twice
missing gimme fieldgoals.)

Once they start making those little plays, they'll be an elite team. They
play hard, they play well, but they don't make that last play to finish the
game. Yeah, it hurts, but it used to happen to the best (The Colts.)
They didn't blow that team up, they stuck with them and let them grow
together. Let's see if Houston can do the same.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #16
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1277 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
Yup they sure do. I'm curious, do you really have to come over here and be dick?
Just pointing out the flaws in the thinking of several fans. The Texans lost these games not because of poor officiating or because of some league-wide conspiracy against them. That thinking is comically stupid. They lost because they did not play well enough or make enough plays to win. They have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 11-24-2009   #17
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I find it hard to take anything away from the Titans in this game. VY and CJ
played their best games as Titans. The Texans defense didn't play bad, they
just left some key plays on the field <Cushing not wrapping up on Johnson's 50+yard run,
Dunta dropping a gimme pick.> The Texans offense didn't play bad, they
also left too many plays on the field <3 drops by AJ, Slaton dropping an easy
3rd and 10 throw by Schaub, Kris Brown shanking 2 gimme (for him) fieldgoals,
etc.>

The Texans are starting to learn that the biggest difference between the
elite teams and the good teams (which the Texans are), is about 1 or 2
plays in any given game that either win or get you beat. The Texans
are NOT making that 1 play to get them that 'W' on a consistent basis.

5 wins

5 losses (1 asskicking, twice getting shut down at the 1 yardline, twice
missing gimme fieldgoals.)

Once they start making those little plays, they'll be an elite team. They
play hard, they play well, but they don't make that last play to finish the
game. Yeah, it hurts, but it used to happen to the best (The Colts.)
They didn't blow that team up, they stuck with them and let them grow
together. Let's see if Houston can do the same.
Great post.
Old 11-24-2009   #18
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 52 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

We got away with the trip, but we had 52 more yards penalized overall.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #19
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's congratulate the Titans...they DID win their Super Bowl after all.

But on the point of the reffing I just want to know one thing:

We learned in the Colts game we can't lay a good hit on someone, that's a personal foul.

We learned last night that we can't play two-hand-touch, either. The mere act of nudging a guy out of bounds is an illegal maneuver.

So my question is where are the little flags for us to pull off the ball carriers? That's the only football I know of left that we can play. The refs should REALLY just tell us ahead of time which game we can play, so we don't draw anymore uneccesary roughness penalties.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #20
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Totally agree. Blaming refs is lame.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read