Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2009   #1
SoCalTexanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVP
Default Where Is MARIO.....?

We can blame Kubiak and Kris Brown but the biggest problem in this game was NO PASS rush. VY ran all over these guys because of ZERO containment. Mario was no where to be found. Even on the stupid option plays where the def end is contain on the VY, he was no where to be found.

Mario has one move and thats running around the block. If he can't out quick the tackle, he'll never make the sack.
SoCalTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where Is MARIO.....?

he sure did'nt step up.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I really want to believe that his injury is worse than they are letting on. He needs to start making some game changing plays, pressure and run stopping every so often is SOLID but we need him to make some sacks and force some fumbles a lot more than what he's doing right now.
Old 11-23-2009   #4
FuzzyLogic
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 FuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario may be a good DE in this league, but a pass rusher or "game changer" he is not.

But to answer your question, if I were trying to find Mario I woul start six yards behind the quaterback, he spends more time there than the opposing teams half back.
FuzzyLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what Steve Young said. Paraphrasing, but he said there are good players on this team, but no leaders. There is no anger. There is no getting "mad and saying 'tonight we have to make it happen." He's right. Just a guess, but I can only hope there is half the anger in the locker room than there is here.
Old 11-23-2009   #6
SupDawg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTexanFan View Post
We can blame Kubiak and Kris Brown but the biggest problem in this game was NO PASS rush. VY ran all over these guys because of ZERO containment. Mario was no where to be found. Even on the stupid option plays where the def end is contain on the VY, he was no where to be found.

Mario has one move and thats running around the block. If he can't out quick the tackle, he'll never make the sack.
Where's Mario?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Roos
SupDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #7
FuzzyLogic
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 FuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respectedFuzzyLogic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg View Post
I get what your saying Roos is a good /great LT, but Mario is suppossed to be a stud DE. To me that means he should at least win some of the battles. He is paid to pressure the QB, and he is not getting it done.

I love the guy, and wish he was finding a way to be successful, but opposing teams have the bull / speed rush to the outside figured out and just let him run himself out of the play everytime. Until he finds another move, don't look for big sack numbers.
FuzzyLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2009   #8
Statis22
Top Billin

Michael Roos was eating him up. They're whole offensive line dominated.
Statis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #9
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

A few games ago the talking heads were saying M Williams had a shoulder injury that would bother him until next season. Not sure if it is correct but ...

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #10
SupDawg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
I get what your saying Roos is a good /great LT, but Mario is suppossed to be a stud DE. To me that means he should at least win some of the battles. He is paid to pressure the QB, and he is not getting it done.

I love the guy, and wish he was finding a way to be successful, but opposing teams have the bull / speed rush to the outside figured out and just let him run himself out of the play everytime. Until he finds another move, don't look for big sack numbers.
I can't recall Williams getting 1 sack ever against Roos. He is an All Pro for a reason.

Williams is a good DE, but Roos gives up like 1-2 sacks per year.
Old 11-23-2009   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario was in the backfield quite a bit, but it was immediately followed by VY running for a first down.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
I can't recall Williams getting 1 sack ever against Roos. He is an All Pro for a reason.

Mario got one on him...in game 2
Old 11-24-2009   #13
spek
Rookie

I get Roos is good but to not show him up pretty much the whole game and MW even switches sides and still no real pressure, so I ask the same question Where Is MARIO????
spek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Seriously supdawg,,,,,seriously?????????? You need to check your facts.
Old 11-24-2009   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i think he was trying to contain Vince young from running rather then sacking him good style but he hasent per fected it no one has .....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #16
spek
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i think he was trying to contain Vince young from running rather then sacking him good style but he hasent per fected it no one has .....
You try to contain him with you best pass rusher???
No you contain him by letting MW loose and drivin VY into the ground!!!!!!!!!
spek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

thats just it tho pass rushing does not work on VY becasue most of the time u go into a half circle around vince pushing the Left tackle into the guard and either stepping back or going hard Left would have been much better IMO then the traditonal way

I think from a style point Conar barwin should have been in there hes much faster then Mario

i just think they should have had a better scheme for stopping VY from running on us after the bye and all
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #18
SupDawg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Seriously supdawg,,,,,seriously?????????? You need to check your facts.
I don't recall stating anything. If you read above, you'd see that I said I can't recall him getting a sack, not that he never has.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read