Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2009   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What did we do to deserve this curse?

We have yet to score in the last 2 minutes during the 4th quarter.

We've had 4 chances to take a game into overtime this season.
We've come up an inch short on a goaline run.
We've fumbled the ball into the end zone.
We've blown 2 game tying kicks within normally easy range. One was a close miss. One made me want to check the eyes of our kicker.

WTF did we do to deserve this? My heart has broken 4 times this season.

I go through enough stress and crap during my daily life. I don't need this team giving me heart disease!
Old 11-23-2009   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Re: What did we do to deserve this curse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
We have yet to score in the last 2 minutes during the 4th quarter.

We've had 4 chances to take a game into overtime this season.
We've come up an inch short on a goaline run.
We've fumbled the ball into the end zone.
We've blown 2 game tying kicks within normally easy range. One was a close miss. One made me want to check the eyes of our kicker.

WTF did we do to deserve this? My heart has broken 4 times this season.

I go through enough stress and crap during my daily life. I don't need this team giving me heart disease!
Agreed. It's like we haven't had enough heartbreak in the first 7 years
Old 11-23-2009   #3
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Agreed. It's like we haven't had enough heartbreak in the first 7 years
Goodell has it on for us.

He's a punk ass. Mr. Politically Correct. He's mad at the Texans for keeping LA from getting a team, he was looking forward to all those viewers in So Cal. He was licking his chops at the Los Angeles Aztecs.
Old 11-23-2009   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Goodell has it on for us.

He's a punk ass. Mr. Politically Correct. He's mad at the Texans for keeping LA from getting a team, he was looking forward to all those viewers in So Cal. He was licking his chops at the Los Angeles Aztecs.
Pretty sure Goodell isn't the reason Kris Brown forgot how to make field goals.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I need one of those stress balls or something. Two weeks of anticipation for this....a Kris Brown **** up yet again. Pathetic. They are still my team though and I still have some hope, but that hope is extra small now. Pretty much everything went right for us yesterday, too. Damn shame.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #6
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure, but it is a curse.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The curse of Chris/Kris Brown.

And we feature both of them on MNF. What did we think would happen?
Old 11-24-2009   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Reliant and the Astrodome are built on ancient Native American burial grounds.

The Oilers were notoriously jinxed. Early in the franchise's history they won back-to-back AFL championships. But, they played in Jeppesen Stadium. The franchise moves to Tennessee and they get over the hump. Only the Curse of Bud kept them a yard short of the goalline.

Then there is the Astros, who were also classic chokers at the Astrodome. Move to Minutemaid and they get to the World Series. Sure, they got swept, but they still made it to the big dance.

No team that calls Reliant/Astrodome home has had much luck. Get used to it Texans fans, because we've still got a lease on the place for the next couple of decades.

I'm not the superstitious type...I'm just sayin'...
Old 11-24-2009   #9
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

What did we do to deserve this curse?

Not draft VY
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

In the beginning I wanted VY, not Mario, and most especially NOT Reggie Bust. Then I was glad we got Mario instead. At this time I'm still am glad we got Mario instead of VY. Until VY proves it was a mistake not to draft him, I'll not be changing my mind.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #11
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
In the beginning I wanted VY, not Mario, and most especially NOT Reggie Bust. Then I was glad we got Mario instead. At this time I'm still am glad we got Mario instead of VY. Until VY proves it was a mistake not to draft him, I'll not be changing my mind.
How about 4-0 against us and 8-0 being a starter. The last 8 games he started he won, MW has 4 sacks this year, oh and no sack last night. Did anybody getta sack last night?!
Old 11-24-2009   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
How about 4-0 against us and 8-0 being a starter. The last 8 games he started he won, MW has 4 sacks this year, oh and no sack last night. Did anybody getta sack last night?!
Mario is not a cry baby. VY is. Or was. Not sure which now, but his past antics has ruined my opinion of him. This doesn't mean I might change my mind later, it just means that's how I see things today. The life of an NFL player can take a lot of twists and turns, and how a player eventually contributes can't really be assessed until his career is pretty much over with.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #13
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Mario is not a cry baby. VY is. Or was. Not sure which now, but his past antics has ruined my opinion of him. This doesn't mean I might change my mind later, it just means that's how I see things today. The life of an NFL player can take a lot of twists and turns, and how a player eventually contributes can't really be assessed until his career is pretty much over with.
Agreed but until we actually beat him "cry baby" or not VY will always be the better half...
Old 11-24-2009   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: What did we do to deserve this curse?

http://www.sportsradio610.com/Mark-VanderBlog/4312415

HUH?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Can't get that at work for some reason..what does it say?
Old 11-24-2009   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
It's Vince Young giving the high-five to a ref at the end of the game:

Some BS!
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It links to a pic of VY and the referee exchanging high fives after the game
Old 11-24-2009   #18
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
It's Vince Young giving the high-five to a ref at the end of the game:

Some BS!
Ok, now I'm offically pissed. How damn bad does it look for the QB to high 5 the referee after winning the game? After some very questionable calls went in that team's favor? Maybe hooking a brother up during the game???
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #19
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Hilarious, can't get no better than this
Old 11-24-2009   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: What did we do to deserve this curse?

Quote:
And it's a full fledge ref is reaching up from a few feet away high five.

Try this:

http://www.life.com/image/93344787
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read