Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-25-2009   #21
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVP
Default Re: Will another Texans game be shown in Austin this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I bet if the Texans drafted Young all we would hear from them is how it's everyone else but Vince's fault that the Texans keep losing, and that it's because Kubiak won't let Vince be Vince. Think David Carr apologists mixed with unreal's Slaton love. And they'd boycott until Vince went to a REAL team or Houston hired a new coach.

I do kind of wonder what's going to happen to the Stros base in Austin when the Rangers get Round Rock though.
Yes, but at least they'd all be Texan fans.
VY 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do kind of wonder what's going to happen to the Stros base in Austin when the Rangers get Round Rock though.
I think the die hard Express fans will remain loyal whatver organization owns them. As far as the casual Austin baseball fan, I think they remain loyal to the 'Stros for the very reason you give. They're bandwagoners. While the Astros have never won a WS, the Rangers have only won one game in the postseason, but we'll see. That's JMO.
Old 11-25-2009   #23
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Serious question.

What would the people in Austin do if the Texans drafted Colt McCoy?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #24
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

explode
Old 11-25-2009   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Serious question.

Probably nothing. Colt isn't nearly as sexy as Vince.
Old 11-25-2009   #26
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Serious question.

I don't think anything out of the ordinary.

Earl and VY have done Austin well, and they would probably say like wise. Colt is a nice story, but even if Colt wins a Championship VY will be more beloved in my opinion.
Old 11-25-2009   #27
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Serious question.

Apparantly a ton of fans only care about vy in the NFL, Nathan Vasher, Jammer, C Benson, Okam, Studdard, Finley, and all the other Horns in the NFL are not worth following or at least worth the effort to demand to see and overule the home turf of the local NFL franchise. I don't get it, whatsoever, I am huge Longhorn fan, and college football fan in general but I do prefer NFL football (the best of the best) and the Texans come first over everyone, period. Hell, I can't stand USC among other schools, but I love Brian Cushing and I respect their program. The minute you put on a Texans jersey you have my unwavering support.

I like your question though gwallaia, I suspect there would be some support but not near the following vy gets for some reason. FTR, I think Colt has the tools to make a good NFL qb.
Old 11-25-2009   #28
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

the ones that went to school with vince will want the titans on tv....the ones that go to school with colt will want whatever his team is going to be games on the tv....and so on and so on with every UT qb......it's a never ending cycle of hell ...
Old 11-25-2009   #29
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY 4 LIFE View Post
Yes, but at least they'd all be Texan fans.
Umm no they would be Vince fans. They would be boycotting games and demanding Vince go elsewhere.

AFA Colt vs Vince I think some of it has to do with Colt coming so soon after. Vince was on a team that won the first title in 30 years for a school whose fans brag about their history more than Dallas fans do.

I went to UT myself and lived in Austin for 6 years. Several of my best friends came from San Marcos. One is the exact profile mentioned (Cowboys/Spurs/Stros). The other was all Houston, he was an Oiler fan and followed them to Tennessee. His reasoning is "I bleed Columbia Blue." He still roots for the Texans though -- just not against Tennessee.

I convinced both of them that Vince was the second coming when he committed. I don't detest Vince Young. I respect the argument that he does more than just amass gaudy passing yards. He forces linebackers to stay in limbo. They cannot commit because you have to respect his legs and arm both. With a good RB he is unbelievably dangerous. I want Vince to succeed, in every game but two.

What's odd to me is that after having to convince Austin fans that Vince was capable (they thought he was another Chris Simms hype. They were still all about the Major), I now have to convince them that he didn't singlehandedly deliver Texas its first title of our lifetimes.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #30
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVP

I dont think you guys can comprehend the fact that some people would rather root for a person over a piece of clothing.

Thank god that most of Austin feel this way.
Old 11-25-2009   #31
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont think you guys can comprehend the fact that some people would rather root for a person over a piece of clothing.

From another thread:

I really do understand preferring college football. I get only watching the NFL to see how guys you rooted for in college do in the pros. I did it myself when the NFL robbed us. The NFL is basically the mob. They extort cities for "protection" and if you don't pay, you lose your team. It's despicable, but not unusual. Think what you will about UT or A&M, they will always be in Austin and College Station.

What I don't understand is abandoning every other player on the 2005 Texas Longhorns team, save one. One man didn't win a national championship. 80 did. Some play in Tennessee, some in Houston, some in Cincy. Now, I want Ced Benson to do well. I like when former Longhorns succeed. Sue me. What I won't do however is buy a new jersey every time Benson switches teams. I won't petition my TV station to only show the games from teams he plays for.

What is Austin going to do if Colt wins the National Title and gets drafted by Washington? Are they going to petition Fox 7 to drop Dallas and only show Redskin games? Or does only one player in the history of a program that spans more than a century merit this type of hero worship?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
From another thread:

I really do understand preferring college football. I get only watching the NFL to see how guys you rooted for in college do in the pros. I did it myself when the NFL robbed us. The NFL is basically the mob. They extort cities for "protection" and if you don't pay, you lose your team. It's despicable, but not unusual. Think what you will about UT or A&M, they will always be in Austin and College Station.

What I don't understand is abandoning every other player on the 2005 Texas Longhorns team, save one. One man didn't win a national championship. 80 did. Some play in Tennessee, some in Houston, some in Cincy. Now, I want Ced Benson to do well. I like when former Longhorns succeed. Sue me. What I won't do however is buy a new jersey every time Benson switches teams. I won't petition my TV station to only show the games from teams he plays for.

What is Austin going to do if Colt wins the National Title and gets drafted by Washington? Are they going to petition Fox 7 to drop Dallas and only show Redskin games? Or does only one player in the history of a program that spans more than a century merit this type of hero worship?

Dan, you forgot the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, the Chargers, Bears, Chefs, and, and..... All of those teams have players that were an integral part of the National Championship.
Old 11-25-2009   #33
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Unless of course that piece of clothing is Vince Young's jock strap.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #34
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Quote:
From another thread:What I don't understand is abandoning every other player on the 2005 Texas Longhorns team, save one. One man didn't win a national championship. 80 did. Some play in Tennessee, some in Houston, some in Cincy. Now, I want Ced Benson to do well. I like when former Longhorns succeed. Sue me. What I won't do however is buy a new jersey every time Benson switches teams. I won't petition my TV station to only show the games from teams he plays for.
I dont get why Texans fans keep bringing this up. Did any of the other players in the NFL now have the same impact as Vince in the Rose Bowl? the 2005 season?

Vince changed the culture of Texas football. He made Mack start listening to 50 cent and ended the ass whippings by OU.

Before Vince, Texas was good, but not great. He truly took the program to the next level.

Austin is a college town, and as the ratings clearly show, prefers to watch Vince play. I dont know why you guys just dont accept this. Should a local station be forced to show a game that will draw much less ratings solely because a team from 150 miles away is playing?

I could definitely understand KEYE airing Texans games if they consistently outdrew the Vince games, but that is not the case.
Old 11-25-2009   #35
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Quote:
Unless of course that piece of clothing is Vince Young's jock strap.
A jock strap that's 4-0 vs Houston
Old 11-25-2009   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I dont get why Texans fans keep bringing this up. Did any of the other players in the NFL now have the same impact as Vince in the Rose Bowl? the 2005 season?

Vince changed the culture of Texas football. He made Mack start listening to 50 cent and ended the ass whippings by OU.

Before Vince, Texas was good, but not great. He truly took the program to the next level.

Austin is a college town, and as the ratings clearly show, prefers to watch Vince play. I dont know why you guys just dont accept this. Should a local station be forced to show a game that will draw much less ratings solely because a team from 150 miles away is playing?

I could definitely understand KEYE airing Texans games if they consistently outdrew the Vince games, but that is not the case.
Quote:
A jock strap that's 4-0 vs Houston

Dude seriously. Take it to the smack forum and get the hell out of the tailgating forum.

Better yet, join your buddies at ShaggyBevo.com. There's plenty of man-love over there and you'll fit right in...

I can't wait for school to start again.
Old 11-25-2009   #37
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We can root on individuals all we want, but football is a team sport and the Texans are OUR team, how come guys like you can't comprehend THAT fact? The team comes before any one single individual, plain and simple.
Old 11-25-2009   #38
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
We can root on individuals all we want, but football is a team sport and the Texans are OUR team, how come guys like you can't comprehend THAT fact? The team comes before any one single individual, plain and simple.
I absolutely comprehend that. The majority of people in the state of Texas and most of Austin feel the same way when rooting for the Cowboys.

It's the Texan fans that dont see the other side. Nobody would blame FOX7 if they showed the Cowboys over the Titans (which they do), because there are more people that would watch the Cowboys game.
Old 11-26-2009   #39
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Name: VY 4 LIFE

For life, huh? Or maybe only when he's having success?
Oh, but I'm sure you just came here recently for the first time, right?

I think this is a good example of why there's such an emotionally-charged backlash against the VY nut-hugger society. And I must reiterate I am a HUGE UT fan.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009   #40
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

He's only been starting for the past 4 weeks and its safe to say that even with the 3 other longhorns on the roster, most of the UT fans would not care much for the Titans without Vince as the starter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read