Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-23-2009   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will another Texans game be shown in Austin this year?

Probably when there's no conflict with Tennessee - but otherwise, goodbye TV coverage in Austin. Sigh.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will another Texans game be shown in Austin this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Probably when there's no conflict with Tennessee - but otherwise, goodbye TV coverage in Austin. Sigh.
Yup.

First thought that I had too.

Although, mine had more cussing in my head.

Finally had a chance to ram it down Austin's collective throats and we blew it. I really wish my daughter (so my ex too unfortunately) would move back to Houston so I can get the F-_k out of this little town that thinks it's a big city swinging from VY's jock eternally.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

not at my house.......
Old 11-24-2009   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well I have Sunday Ticket, so they can do as they please, BUT, now that I've entered the witness protection program, I'm hoping I can move my dish with me
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, not all of us have that option, unfortunately.

Sigh. Depression.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know and am too tired to think about it. I haven't lost my poison pen just in case though. Maybe if the Titans were better than 4-6? Don't know.
Old 11-24-2009   #7
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it so amusing that the city of Austin would show the Titans over the Texans, even though I see more Cowboys stickers there then anything else.
Old 11-24-2009   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I find it so amusing that the city of Austin would show the Titans over the Texans, even though I see more Cowboys stickers there then anything else.
Austin shows both. FOX covers the NFC and CBS covers the AFC. FOX shows every single Cowgirls game. Now CBS has to decide who the city of Austin likes in the AFC and I know that I see far more Titans stickers than Texans. It sucks to be a Texans fan. It sucks even more to be a Texans fan in Austin. I'm just glad I don't live in Dallas. I feel for THOSE Texans fans.
Old 11-24-2009   #9
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Austin shows both. FOX covers the NFC and CBS covers the AFC. FOX shows every single Cowgirls game. Now CBS has to decide who the city of Austin likes in the AFC and I know that I see far more Titans stickers than Texans. It sucks to be a Texans fan. It sucks even more to be a Texans fan in Austin. I'm just glad I don't live in Dallas. I feel for THOSE Texans fans.
LOL! I live in Dallas south right now and they show nothing, but Cowboys here and this year have shown every Texans game. I do think one of the shock jocks in SA is a d i _ k, as he tried to have the Texans removed from local TV. P-ville for life baby!
Old 11-25-2009   #10
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVP
Exclamation Re: Will another Texans game be shown in Austin this year?

Fox will be showing the Titans in Austin this week!

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2009/12-FOX-L.html

As for KEYE, you Texans fans are in luck. Apparently the station got sold last year and now they have no influence over what games they broadcast. The people at CBS decide it, and not the local programming director, apparently.
VY 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #11
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY 4 LIFE View Post
i'll be watching the Min game for fantasy football reasons
Old 11-25-2009   #12
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVPVY 4 LIFE was voted MVP
Talking Re: Will another Texans game be shown in Austin this year?

Your loss
Old 11-25-2009   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2009/12-FOX-L.html

As for KEYE, you Texans fans are in luck. Apparently the station got sold last year and now they have no influence over what games they broadcast. The people at CBS decide it, and not the local programming director, apparently.
Cool, so if you want to see Titans games every week you have to move your ass to Tennessee. C'ya and Hook'em!

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #14
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

That ad is only good for in town moves
Old 11-25-2009   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That ad is only good for in town moves
Here ya go: Summary for your move from Austin, TX to Nashville, TN
Old 11-25-2009   #16
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I've come to decide that a huge part of the reason Austin roots for the Titans rather than just wanting Vince to succeed is because they don't like Houstonians. It's kind of like how Coloradans feel about Texans/Californians, or many Texans feel about Mexicans. I don't know the numbers but I would bet that Houston sends more people to Austin than any other city -- certainly in the top 3. Some "true" Austinites think Houston is a bad place and they have to denigrate anything from there.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I've come to decide that a huge part of the reason Austin roots for the Titans rather than just wanting Vince to succeed is because they don't like Houstonians. It's kind of like how Coloradans feel about Texans/Californians, or many Texans feel about Mexicans. I don't know the numbers but I would bet that Houston sends more people to Austin than any other city -- certainly in the top 3. Some "true" Austinites think Houston is a bad place and they have to denigrate anything from there.
No I don't buy that. When it comes to pro sports Austinites are just bandwagoners. If they all hated Houston the Astros wouldn't be the most popular MLB team in town. The typical Austin fan is a Cowboys, Spurs, Astros fan.

Think about it, if the Texans would have drafted VY they would all be talking about how much they love Houston and even have roots there. Austin would just be another Houston suburb and HWY 290 would be all roses and bluebonnets.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #18
VY 4 LIFE
Rookie

I think the Vince bandwagon got started in 2003.
Old 11-25-2009   #19
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
No I don't buy that. When it comes to pro sports Austinites are just bandwagoners. If they all hated Houston the Astros wouldn't be the most popular MLB team in town. The typical Austin fan is a Cowboys, Spurs, Astros fan.

Think about it, if the Texans would have drafted VY they would all be talking about how much they love Houston and even have roots there. Austin would just be another Houston suburb and HWY 290 would be all roses and bluebonnets.
Apologies as I was too sweeping in my original post. My point is not that it's the majority of Austin that hates anything Houston, but a vocal group of purists who think Houston just isn't weird enough. Meanwhile the Texans fan base will continue to grow and the "original" (ie their parents moved there from Houston) Austinites' voices will shrink. Thousands will continue to migrate from Houston to Round Rock every year.

I bet if the Texans drafted Young all we would hear from them is how it's everyone else but Vince's fault that the Texans keep losing, and that it's because Kubiak won't let Vince be Vince. Think David Carr apologists mixed with unreal's Slaton love. And they'd boycott until Vince went to a REAL team or Houston hired a new coach.

I do kind of wonder what's going to happen to the Stros base in Austin when the Rangers get Round Rock though.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

I don't buy it either, but then when I think about it we are only speaking to our experiences and our different circles of friends' experience. I totally agree on the Cowboys, Spurs and Astros as the working profile of a majority of native Austinites.

There are a lot of Houstonians in Austin, when I moved back to Austin I befriended a circle from Clear Lake and they were fans of the Oliers and are fans of UT, Texans and VY. No Titans love at all.

To provide my own take, based only on feel, is that the chatter is coming from the 24-28 aged male, displaced from Houston, who grew up with a dying or no Houston pro team, and a city void of championships for their formative years. They found a local boy doing good on the national stage who has a flair for the dramatic and is constantly finding himself on the winning side.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read