Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2005   #41
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

We would be better off keeping Bradford...
Old 03-28-2005   #42
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Franks would be great in the red zone for us, and I would love to have him...

I say no on Gardner, though...We already have Gaffney and he's very similar to Gardner...
Old 03-28-2005   #43
outofhnd
All Pro

Definately an upgrade over the Breuner Miller Shuffle. not only that it frees us up to have a very threatening 2 TE set with Franks and Miller. Not big on FA but this would be filling a big need, and also providing insurance incase Joppru is a complete loss.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #44
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

I saw this headline in early march, but have not found any evidence to support the rumor thereafter....

that being said, id love to get franks!!!!!
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #45
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.skinsfanatic.com/Videos/5050.wmv
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #46
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
He looks scared out of his mind when he goes across the middle
Old 03-28-2005   #47
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Drop it like it's HOT
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2005   #48
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Greatest. Video. Ever.
Old 03-28-2005   #49
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mind Gardner, I would take him but i wouldn't give him the amount of money he probably wants, but he does come up big sometimes, but he does drop alot to.
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #50
outofhnd
All Pro

I dont take Gardner for any price. He Doesnt get open and when he does he lives up to his nickname. He would prolly add to Carr's Int total and would definately not take away from the doubling of AJ on the other side. Gardner is just an underachieving JJ Stokes Type of player. Big Slow and doesnt physically manhandle corners like he should be able too.

Also all this Rumor Mill for Franks is dated Mar. 10,?!?! If Houston was generally interested in Franks we would have signed him by now. It would be nice but thats nearly 3 weeks old news. Unless there is more recent rumors, you can count on franks being wrapped up somewhere else.
Old 03-29-2005   #51
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What about the kid that we had in camp as a TE but was a former basketball player? I think we could give him another try.

I think FA or trade wise, all the good WR are gone. We will do better in this years draft, and lets not forget we still have Armstrong, Sterling and SThomas in camp.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #52
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i'd love to get that Arkansas QB to come play TE for us.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #53
outofhnd
All Pro

But would Matt Jones be considered a good blocking TE as well as speedy? I dont know hes got good speed, but i dont know enough about his strength and ability to control an outside rusher we dont need another Billy Miller type TE.
Old 03-29-2005   #54
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
But would Matt Jones be considered a good blocking TE as well as speedy? I dont know hes got good speed, but i dont know enough about his strength and ability to control an outside rusher we dont need another Billy Miller type TE.

Want a TE? Get Kevin Everett in the 3rd round.
Old 03-29-2005   #55
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

ya but 4.38 speed from a 6'6 240 lbs TE is so seductive.
Old 03-29-2005   #56
outofhnd
All Pro

seductive yes helpful... unless he can block no
Old 03-30-2005   #57
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

well i guess that makes me a whore for liking him.
Old 03-30-2005   #58
outofhnd
All Pro

Not really, if it turns out he is a stellar blocker then we would be drafting the first ever burner Deep Threat TE the NFL has ever seen. Big as Joppru fast as AJ? That would be cool but his weight is kinda Millerish at only 240.
Old 03-30-2005   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Kellen Winslow Sr was said to be ahead of his time. He was torching teams deep as a TE in the 70's.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #60
Mr Shush
Veteran

Quote:
his weight is kinda Millerish at only 240.
Right, but I imagine he'd be asked to bulk up a fair bit to play tight end - the alternative would be to keep the weight down around the 230-240 mark and try to make him Drew Bennett Mark II, which is what I suspect the Steelers will do when they draft him in the second.
Mr Shush is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read