Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2009   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peter king is an *****.

exibit a: king picks us ahead of tenn in his power pole.

"12. Houston (5-4). Steve Slaton gets his running-back job back -- with one very important proviso: hold onto the ball, or you'll be standing next to Gary Kubiak for the rest of the year.

15. Tennessee (3-6). Save your breath, Giants fans. Tennessee's playing better over the last month than the Giants are, and the way I consider this ranking is if the teams played today on a neutral field, who would win? If they lined up tomorrow in Morgantown (well, they'd both be a little tired, particularly Tennessee, which plays tonight), I'd pick the Titans to win."
--peter king, cnn monday morning qb.

exibit b: King gives us a detailed example of how he does his power pole.

"Save your breath, Giants fans. Tennessee's playing better over the last month than the Giants are, and the way I consider this ranking is if the teams played today on a neutral field, who would win? If they lined up tomorrow in Morgantown (well, they'd both be a little tired, particularly Tennessee, which plays tonight), I'd pick the Titans to win." --peter king, cnn monday morning qb.

and finally the proof that peter king is an *****.

"This is the most unscientific pick of the year. Pure gut feeling: Chris Johnson is on fire, Vince Young is gaining traction on a new career. The defense has learned to play without Albert Haynesworth. Tennessee 27, Houston 20 is not an anti-Texan pick, even though the Schaubmen are playing at home. It's a pro-Tennessee pick." --peter king, cnn monday morning qb.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0XhbLCCJQ
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

really i cant say i-d-i-o-t. on here?
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peter king is an *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
not since I took over many moons ago... it keeps the idiots off the boards. Notice you can say idiots but not *****. People call each other idiots all the time on a mb but when I take out the word *****, the personal attacks goes way down.

besides...what makes King an idiots? He doesn't share your view?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

u can say asshat
Old 11-23-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I can say idiot
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
not since I took over many moons ago... it keeps the idiots off the boards. Notice you can say idiots but not *****. People call each other idiots all the time on a mb but when I take out the word *****, the personal attacks goes way down.

See how that works??

Seriously, I don't understand why anyone cares what the pundits have to say. Why do they play the games if these guys are always spot on with their takes??

FWIW, the three guys (Collingsworth, Simms and and JB) on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" ALL picked the Texans to win. I hope that makes some people feel a little better.
Old 11-23-2009   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I can say idiot
cheater!

Old 11-23-2009   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
cheater!
lol
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2009   #8
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
See how that works??

Seriously, I don't understand why anyone cares what the pundits have to say. Why do they play the games if these guys are always spot on with their takes??

FWIW, the three guys (Collingsworth, Simms and and JB) on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" ALL picked the Texans to win. I hope that makes some people feel a little better.
actually if anyone would actually read my post. its not who he picks to win that makes him an *****. by his own admision we would win a game against them on a neutral field played tomorrow but we lose at home after a bye week.

i really don't think we should get any respect everytime we start asking for some we go on a losing streak.
Old 11-23-2009   #9
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

read the post. he contradicts himself.
Old 11-23-2009   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

When Peter King bows down and sings praise on the Texans I don't so much as smile. When he says he thinks the Texans will lose I don't so much as furrow my brow. These guys just don't have that kind of power. What most of these guys know about the Texans they get off the AP wire.
Old 11-23-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
actually if anyone would actually read my post. its not who he picks to win that makes him an *****. by his own admision we would win a game against them on a neutral field played tomorrow but we lose at home after a bye week.

i really don't think we should get any respect everytime we start asking for some we go on a losing streak.
I knew what you were getting at. My point is they are ALL idiots. Peter King is no different. He flip flops. He contradicts himself, yada yada... Until we win, were never going to get fair assesments of our team.

I will agree though, it can be hugely irritating.
Old 11-23-2009   #12
utahmark
markbeth

its not that big a deal. just game day fun. what he said for those who don't want to read the whole quote.

the texans are better in my power pole. i rank my power pole according to which team would win on a neutral field and all other things being equal. the titans will beat the texans tomorrow even though the texans are at home and are coming of a bye week.
Old 11-23-2009   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
the texans are better in my power pole. i rank my power pole according to which team would win on a neutral field and all other things being equal. the titans will beat the texans tomorrow even though the texans are at home and are coming of a bye week.
more powerful than a festivus pole?

Old 11-23-2009   #14
TBC_Titan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame BallotTBC_Titan is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

Quote:
See how that works??

Exactly. For one I'm a Titans fan and even I don't understand why they are picking us. 1. You guys have been on a hot streak this year. and 2. We haven't until as of late (which may be too late).

Believe me, Titans fans know what it's like to not get any recognition even when we are doing good.

I would take what the pundits say with a grain of salt. Some of them are full of crap.

Regardless of who picked who to win, it won't be easy for either team.
TBC_Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBC_Titan View Post
Exactly. For one I'm a Titans fan and even I don't understand why they are picking us. 1. You guys have been on a hot streak this year. and 2. We haven't until as of late (which may be too late).

Believe me, Titans fans know what it's like to not get any recognition even when we are doing good.

I would take what the pundits say with a grain of salt. Some of them are full of crap.

Regardless of who picked who to win, it won't be easy for either team.
I'll tell you why...because the Texans have been the sexy underdog pick for years and for years, and like clockwork, every time some media gets behind the team - the team loses. I understand why people won't stick their neck out for this team unless they are in the fan base....not sure why this always seems to shock most of our fans.

Old 11-23-2009   #16
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57261 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Much ado about nothing imo. I don't blame King for picking the Tits. When was the last time the Texans had a big W in a statement game? Ummm, never?

People aren't just going to give you respect because you say you're good. You have to go out and earn it. Prove it on the field and the respect will flow. Some of you people act like the Texans are all that and a bag of chips. They haven't done diddly squat in 8 yrs for any pundit to respect us. This isn't some conspiracy or have anything to do with idiots except for the idiots that equate what some stupid writer says with what happens on the field.

There is one way to shut up Peter King and his ilk. Play balls out for 60 minutes tonight and kick some Titan ass.
Old 11-23-2009   #17
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See how that works??

I still cant get into the Showtime version of Inside the NFL. I just feel robbed and I think JB is a horrible replacement for Costas.
Old 11-23-2009   #18
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Much ado about nothing imo. I don't blame King for picking the Tits. When was the last time the Texans had a big W in a statement game? Ummm, never?

People aren't just going to give you respect because you say you're good. You have to go out and earn it. Prove it on the field and the respect will flow. Some of you people act like the Texans are all that and a bag of chips. They haven't done diddly squat in 8 yrs for any pundit to respect us. This isn't some conspiracy or have anything to do with idiots except for the idiots that equate what some stupid writer says with what happens on the field.

There is one way to shut up Peter King and his ilk. Play balls out for 60 minutes tonight and kick some Titan ass.
i give up. not sure anyone actually got the point of this post.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read