Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-23-2009   #41
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 388264 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This Hotel is infested with parasites...Titans' fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I just wonder if after you lose if you will all be man enough to admit the loss and not try to blame refs or what ever for it?

Will a thread be made that ownes up to the loss or will it be more of the same?

I'll be here regardless ...
Depends, do you know now whether the refs are going to affect the game? Hey could be y'all mentioning the refs. I think in the first game we got several calls that were on the edge.
Old 11-23-2009   #42
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a TON of Titan fan whining about the refs because of Jacoby's TD catch and the muffed punt (which is of course a bad rule, not a bad call.)

Personally, I'll never whine about referees... or if I do, it's not going to be from a conspiracy angle or a "we get no respect" perspective.

Anyway - start the game already!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 388264 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
There was a TON of Titan fan whining about the refs because of Jacoby's TD catch and the muffed punt (which is of course a bad rule, not a bad call.)

Personally, I'll never whine about referees... or if I do, it's not going to be from a conspiracy angle or a "we get no respect" perspective.

Anyway - start the game already!!
Since before the Texans were created I have thought there is a bias to big name players and the favorite teams. I said that as a fan of the Cowboys when we were getting the calls. Ed Hochuli is one of the worst about it and he does a ton of Cowboys games. It has nothing to do with the Texans other than we are not generally the favored team when going up against the likes of Indy or New England. Then you see it in little things like when Dunta was a rookie. Aaron Glenn was a savvy vet and got away with a ton of contact down field. Not big contact, but smart contact. Dunta as a rookie tries the same thing - boom hankie flying. Now why Mario can't buy a holding penalty someone is going to have to explain to me. It's pathetic sometimes.
Old 11-23-2009   #44
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

BTW a rivalry requires better then a 4-11 record against.
so is that why Bulluck and Johnson have been talking crap lately?

and last game was a pretty heated game ?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #45
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
Nice. At least we as a tourist town now how to treat people who are there to leave greenbacks behind.
My ice machine comment was me being sarcastic. I think most that know me know that I am not the type to really promote something like that or one that treats opposing fans rudely.

I was out of town and tired when I posted that.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #46
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 162338 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
My ice machine comment was me being sarcastic. I think most that know me know that I am not the type to really promote something like that or one that treats opposing fans rudely.

I was out of town and tired when I posted that.
I wouldn't have even bothered Hookem. Anybody, including Sevenfeet knows you were joking. Then again, I've seen some pretty stupid things said by Titan fans today. Who knows? Maybe it was a good idea to explain the obvious to them.....lol.
Old 11-23-2009   #47
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

That's an insult to parasites.
Old 11-24-2009   #48
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

So was the hotel was accepting W.I.C. and moonshine as payment?
Old 11-30-2009   #49
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I did meet that toothless truck driver and he was a really cool Titan fan. I was so high up there was no one behind me and my son was having to good of a time for me to notice.

I still cant figure out why Cowboy fan was at game giving us hard time......
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #50
billybob
AKA BudAdams

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
This is my first time seeing the vile betrayers since I was a kid...
I like how Titans fans are "vile betrayers". Did it ever occur to you that we were just sitting up in Nashville waiting for a team, and one landed in our lap. It was not my intention for it to be your favorite team.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #51
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob View Post
I like how Titans fans are "vile betrayers". Did it ever occur to you that we were just sitting up in Nashville waiting for a team, and one landed in our lap. It was not my intention for it to be your favorite team.
I think he was referring to the team, not the fans. I think most of us don't have any issues with Titans fans in Tennessee (though we play around like we do). However Titans fans in Houston that stayed loyal to the "vile betrayers" are another story.
Old 12-22-2009   #52
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob View Post
Like Hookem said I was referring to the franchise owned by bud....

And Nashville wasnt so innocent bribery. extortion of City of Houston by Bud when he knew he was going to move.

So no Nashville wasnt just waiting...... I also remember you guys tried to steal Spurs in same manner. So yeah not buying it.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #53
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
I also remember you guys tried to steal Spurs in same manner. So yeah not buying it.
Ah man, that would have been cool because then we would get Rockets games here in Austin.
Old 12-24-2009   #54
billybob
AKA BudAdams

Quote:
And Nashville wasnt so innocent bribery. extortion of City of Houston by Bud when he knew he was going to move.

So no Nashville wasnt just waiting...... I also remember you guys tried to steal Spurs in same manner. So yeah not buying it.
Yeah, that's right. Nashville has been conspiring for years to steal all of Texas' sports teams.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #55
TexanFan23
HoustonTexans#1

Rep Power: 16 TexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden cover

You guys all kill me with the " toothless, redneck, outhouse, hillbilly, ect, ect, " stuff about Tennessee. As someone who was born and raised in Florida, Lived Nashville and in Katy & Sugar Land, and now back in Nashville, Tennessee isn't that bad of a place to live and the people are pretty friendly, Albeit the Titans fans can most times be annoying as hell I say it's because they've only had a team for 12 years or so.

That whole " toothless, redneck, outhouse, hillbilly, ect, ect, " stuff really gets on my nerves because one of my first trips to the Houston area (always visited my relatives as a kid in Dallas) One of the ladies working in one of the tourist shops at the Galleria poked at me relentlessly about being from Tennessee and wanting to know why I didn't have an accent and this woman didn't exactly look like a " city girl. "

My wife and I are looking forward to moving back to the Gulf Coast though.

Before picking on Tennesseans, Keep in mind that David Crockett and Sam Houston are Tennesseans in one form or another and where would Texas be without them ?

Edit: Oh, BTW, It's been well documented that then Nashville Mayor (Current Tenn. Governor) Phil Bredesen was called by Bud Adams wanting to move his team to Nashville and Bredesen thought it was a prank call and hung up.

Adams wanted Nashville before Nashville wanted him.
TexanFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read