Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2009   #1
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer
Default Worried about this game...

I am so nervous for this game, I am not really looking forward to it. I haven't been able to come by the board much. This is such a big game for so many reasons. You hate to point to one game - but this is such a critical game at a critical point in the season. Monday night. Against the Titans. A win here would mean so much.

I live in Austin, and had "the conversation" twice this week. Notwithstanding everything that has happened the past several years, people still won't concede that the Texans made the right decision. In fact, we didn't even make a good decision.

What I would love to see is a big, blow out win. A statement win. A "we're for real win." A win that provides momentum for us to make a push for 10 win season. A win that, in addition to the two previous wins, will make the Titans stop calling us out in the media.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worried about this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I am so nervous for this game, I am not really looking forward to it. I haven't been able to come by the board much. This is such a big game for so many reasons. You hate to point to one game - but this is such a critical game at a critical point in the season. Monday night. Against the Titans. A win here would mean so much.

I live in Austin, and had "the conversation" twice this week. Notwithstanding everything that has happened the past several years, people still won't concede that the Texans made the right decision. In fact, we didn't even make a good decision.

What I would love to see is a big, blow out win. A statement win. A "we're for real win." A win that provides momentum for us to make a push for 10 win season. A win that, in addition to the two previous wins, will make the Titans stop calling us out in the media.
Those people are looking through the world with burnt orange glasses and are totally clueless. Don't worry, we'll win and win easily this week.
Old 11-22-2009   #3
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 36736 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm worried too if that makes you feel any better. The last game between our teams makes me uneasy about this one. Sure we're a somewhat different team than before, but after only three games I'm still not sure about our identity.

Your offense and defense have an identity and a pretty solid one.
Old 11-22-2009   #4
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is the time when the Texans broke out last year. I think its on baby!!!! I think that we can go 10-6, maybe even 11-5. This team has swagger. I so want to get past the "This is the biggest game in Franchise History" phase. Let's go stomp the Titans, Colts, and Jags, and we won't have to hear that crap any more.
Old 11-22-2009   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

this is going to be me all day tomorrow
Old 11-22-2009   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is such a big game for so many reasons. You hate to point to one game - but this is such a critical game at a critical point in the season. Monday night. Against the Titans. A win here would mean so much.
I'm extremely nervous, too...

But only for the reason that from here on out, if we want to make the playoffs, all we have to do is win. A win tomorrow, and we're 6-4, and on an even keel with ALL the 5/6th seed hopefulls. Until the playoff seeding is officially determined...every game from here on out is "that game" which you can point to. It's nerve racking...but it's nice, isn't it?
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
This is the time when the Texans broke out last year. I think its on baby!!!! I think that we can go 10-6, maybe even 11-5. This team has swagger. I so want to get past the "This is the biggest game in Franchise History" phase. Let's go stomp the Titans, Colts, and Jags, and we won't have to hear that crap any more.
You see this is really the season. Not this game in particular but this string of games. Each is incredibly important and without one of them all might as well be losses. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but if we lose this game then we're .500 and the Jaguars are a game up on us. Worst of all we will have gone out and laid an egg on Monday Night Football in front of the entire nation.

If we win this game and then come out next week and lose again to the Colts then we'll be 6-5. The Jaguars will have most likely caught up with us then. They get San Francisco next week. Then we have to go to their house and beat them just to get that game back.

If we win these two and then go to Jacksonville at 7-4 just to lose then we will again be tied with the Jaguars and they will have swept the series.

This isn't for the week or to justify the 2006 draft. It's not just about shutting up the Vince Young burnt orange nut huggers. This game is for the season. All the games from here on out are for the season.

We need to win three straight and get to 8-4. We need the confidence as much as anything and we need the momentum going into the postseason. We also find ourselves at a crossroads here in the franchises existence. This is a night when the Texans can take the city of Houston away from the Oilers memory forever if they'll just step up, play this game the way that they, by all rights should play this game, and send Vince Young, Chris Johnson, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams (in spirit at least, I know he lives here) packing back to Nashville as the losers they are this year. This is the game where we choke the life out of them or show the world that we haven't really changed at all. If they beat us they'll destroy this season for us and they know that. Bullock's comments clearly demonstrate that they know we are a team that has not been able to overcome adversity in the past. If we can beat them instead we'll destroy their season. Nobody's going to the playoffs at 9-7 and they know that too.

Kill them. Just ****ing kill them for 60 minutes straight tomorrow night. That's the next step.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2009   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You need to man up and represent that manly Name
Old 11-22-2009   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You see this is really the season. Not this game in particular but this string of games. Each is incredibly important and without one of them all might as well be losses. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but if we lose this game then we're .500 and the Jaguars are a game up on us. Worst of all we will have gone out and laid an egg on Monday Night Football in front of the entire nation.

If we win this game and then come out next week and lose again to the Colts then we'll be 6-5. The Jaguars will have most likely caught up with us then. They get San Francisco next week. Then we have to go to their house and beat them just to get that game back.

If we win these two and then go to Jacksonville at 7-4 just to lose then we will again be tied with the Jaguars and they will have swept the series.

This isn't for the week or to justify the 2006 draft. It's not just about shutting up the Vince Young burnt orange nut huggers. This game is for the season. All the games from here on out are for the season.

We need to win three straight and get to 8-4. We need the confidence as much as anything and we need the momentum going into the postseason. We also find ourselves at a crossroads here in the franchises existence. This is a night when the Texans can take the city of Houston away from the Oilers memory forever if they'll just step up, play this game the way they by all rights should play this game, and send Vince Young, Chris Johnson, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams (in spirit at least, I know he lives here) packing back to Nashville as the losers they are this year. This is the game where we choke the life out of them or show the world that we haven't really changed at all. If they beat us they'll destroy this season for us and they know that. Bullock's comments clearly demonstrate that they know we are a team that has not been able to overcome adversity in the past. If we can beat them instead we'll destroy their season. Nobody's going to the playoffs at 9-7 and they know that too.

Kill them. Just ****ing kill them for 60 minutes straight tomorrow night. That's the next step.
"And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!!!"

Seriously though, very well put Herv. This is the first time the Texans have ever had a game that's meant so much. This will show if they are contenders, or pretenders.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just reading the comments in response to the article at chron.com Texans-Titans matures into serious rivalry, if this is true and I guess it is NICE JOB TEXANS! Bum is the most beloved Houston NFL coach we ever had. I love it.

Quote:
You want cheap-shot? How about the texans making Bum Phillips an honorary captain for this game and having Warren Moon greet fans at one of the gates? Now i hope the Titans DO wear their Oilers uniforms.
I fail to see the "cheap shot" though.
Old 11-22-2009   #11
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
this is going to be me all day tomorrow
We are on MNF! There is going to be stuff to keep you involved up to the game. Watch the pregame stuff....Primetime, Countdown, or whatever while you wait for the game to start.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #12
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
I'm worried too if that makes you feel any better. The last game between our teams makes me uneasy about this one. Sure we're a somewhat different team than before, but after only three games I'm still not sure about our identity.

Your offense and defense have an identity and a pretty solid one.
The Titan's identity is that they suck.

Expect a L for your ex-Oilers on Monday night...
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #13
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Sleep easy my friend, BECAUSE THE TEXANS WILL DESTROY THE TITANS...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now that I got that outta my system, here's what I got to say: As long as our defense can attempt to shutdown the running attack by LenWhale and Chris "Runnin' from the Cops speed" Johnson, we should be okay.

While I'm at it, IF I SEE ANY TEXANS FAN EVEN SMILE WHEN VINCE YOUNG IS PLAYING OR IF I SEE ANYONE WITH HIS UT JERSEY ON I WILL PERSONALLY SMACK YOU ON TV RIGHT THEN AND THERE! Just kidding, but no...seriously don't do it.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #14
Sevenfeet
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Sevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Sleep easy my friend, BECAUSE THE TEXANS WILL DESTROY THE TITANS...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now that I got that outta my system, here's what I got to say: As long as our defense can attempt to shutdown the running attack by LenWhale and Chris "Runnin' from the Cops speed" Johnson, we should be okay.

While I'm at it, IF I SEE ANY TEXANS FAN EVEN SMILE WHEN VINCE YOUNG IS PLAYING OR IF I SEE ANYONE WITH HIS UT JERSEY ON I WILL PERSONALLY SMACK YOU ON TV RIGHT THEN AND THERE! Just kidding, but no...seriously don't do it.
You can't stop Chris Johnson. Nor can you contain him. Even in the New England laugher he still got 120+ yards. You better concentrate on the rest of the offense otherwise you'll be wasting your time on Monday night.
Sevenfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #15
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Last few yrs we do extremely well the second half of the season. We got tomorrows game covered!
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #16
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

please don't let us suck on national tv....
Old 11-23-2009   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

And if we keep loosing Andre is going to want to get traded ......

Winning cures everything
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Worried, schmorried. The Texans beat these guys last time, in THEIR house, and they didn't even bother covering Chris Johnson.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #19
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
I hear you, but don't fret. We will stop the run, and Vince can't score the 31 points it will take to outscore us. 31-21 Texans
Old 11-23-2009   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

What's to worry about ? The Texans are either serious playoff material or they aren't and we will know the answer to that question 2 weeks from this morning after 3 consecutive division matchups starting with tonights game.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read