Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2009   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AFC Playbook

Somebody needs to tell those *********s there is another team playing monday night besides the tacks. Didn't talk at all about the Texans, all tacks all the time. Best 3-6 team off all time, I guess. May as well make em the best 3-7 team of all time also! This game will not be close, Texans win by at least 14.
Old 11-21-2009   #2
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC Playbook

http://www.titansonline.com/media-ce...e-60792b19c429

It's hilarious. Baldinger's reason he's picking the Titans is their punter! who the hell picks a winner based on a punter???

EDIT: wasn't Baldinger, it was Sterling Sharpe () .

Last edited by Allstar; 11-21-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post

It's hilarious. Baldinger's reason he's picking the Titans is their punter! who the hell picks a winner based on a punter???
I thought that was comical also, puh-leez, a punter? I hope Jacoby plays Monday night, let him outkick his coverage and see what happens.
Old 11-21-2009   #4
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, nobody took us!

Well, we'll just have to warm up a lil' bit a crow on Monday night.

Oh, year, its Sterling Sharpe that's the punter lover.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #5
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll admit that VcrY makes me nervous. But the facts are our D has been stout lately, we were a missed FG from Possibly beating the colts at their place, and the Titans are 3-6.... The are drinking up that kool aid...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #6
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post

EDIT: wasn't Baldinger, it was Solomon Wilcots.
WOW! So................................................ ..hmmmm???

Really, in an age where the media is not objective about anything related to any subject, this is just blatant n*t licking.

Most pissed off NFLN has ever made me. I'm ready to run through a wall and I'm not on our D....can't wait to see how FIRED UP THEY ARE!!! If I were Kubiak, I would have that on every TV in the locker room starting NOW with Bullucks comments tacked to EVERYONE's locker!

I no longer want to just win. I wany us to beat the *******ING **** out of Bumblescum. OMG am I am ready for MNF!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

That was pretty stupid. Not your ordinary run of the mill stupid. But the kind of stupid that is hard to watch, and makes you feel embarrassed for them.

If their punter outkicks his coverage like that, I expect JJ to be hugging mama on national TV.

They mentioned getting Cortland McBurnedagainandagainagain back like it's a plus. He is AJ's favorite corner to show on his highlight reels.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer

Last edited by Goatcheese; 11-22-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2009   #8
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
That was pretty stupid. Not your ordinary run of the mill stupid. But the kind of stupid that is hard to watch, and makes you feel embarrassed for them.

If their punter outkicks his coverage like that, I expect JJ to be hugging mama on national TV.

They mentioned getting Cortland McBurnedagainandagainagain coming back likes it's a plus. He is AJ's favorite corner to show on his highlight reels.
Did ya notice the reciever was wide the f open? Only reason it was intercepted was the qb made a horrible throw. Geez, I cannot wait for this game.
Old 11-21-2009   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

GUYS GUYS GUYS relaaaxxx

Baldinger has picked against the Texans all year, thats what he does

I haven't seen the broadcast yet but this is predictable for these turd$ because they all said this after week 1 vs. the Jets

Let the game play out monday, we should know better, let the games play out and we'll be vindicated
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Wow, nobody took us!

Well, we'll just have to warm up a lil' bit a crow on Monday night.

Oh, year, its Sterling Sharpe that's the punter lover.
Not only did they take us, WE DIDN'T EXIST!!
With our Defense leading the NFL in 3-and-outs, that punter's
gonna get A LOT OF WORK!!

By the way, did you guys see that CBS picked up Colts/Texans
as its 'A' game? Most of the country will see THAT game, too.
Here's to the Texans TURNING THAT CORNER!!
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #11
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Did ya notice the reciever was wide the f open? Only reason it was intercepted was the qb made a horrible throw. Geez, I cannot wait for this game.
Hell yeah I noticed that! Garrard badly overthrew one of my fantasy WRs (Mike Sims-Walker) on that play and a should-have-been TD became an easy interception for the shitstain leprechaun.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

wow...just wow. I cant wait for these idiots to eat their words.
Old 11-22-2009   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Just win. . . That's all the Texans need to do, the rest will take care of itself.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Calm down, I'm sure alot of it had to do with the fact that Houston hasn't played a game for two weeks. The attention span of those morons would embarrass a 5 year old. Tenn has been winning games while Houston was off, so they've been out of the news cycle.

We beat Tenn (like we should) Monday night and they'll forget all about them too.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #15
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching it, it did not bother me that they all took the Titans to win, that's their opinion and they're entitled to it.

It was the fact that there was absolutely no mention of the Texans AT ALL in that whole segment as if the Texans were not even playing in the game even though the game is being hosted where? Houston! Ridiculous man...
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Baldinger has picked against the Texans all year, thats what he does
Not exactly. I believe it was the Arizona Game they all picked us to win..... & we let them down.

It's not like Houston teams haven't done that before... forever.. all the damn time. Remember the game in Buffalo?

If that's too long ago, remember that missed field goal at the end of the Colts game? Or the fumble at the 1 before half time... that same game. Remember the fumble at the one to end the Jacksonville game? Do you remember the Arizona game?

We lost our MO going into a bye week. Kubiak's Texans have a loosing record after the bye. The Tacks are on a 3 game win streak...

But of course, that's "really" a Houston team too... remember that one yard that could have got them Super Bowl rings? & that was actually "that" franchise that lost to Buffalo way back when.....

Personally, I don't think those guys are any more "expert" than we are. If nothing else, this "no love" from the media should fuel our boys all the way to the Super Bowl, just like it did for the Cardinals, the Giants the year before.

I don't see how it can hurt.
Old 11-22-2009   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Not only did they take us, WE DIDN'T EXIST!!
With our Defense leading the NFL in 3-and-outs, that punter's
gonna get A LOT OF WORK!!

By the way, did you guys see that CBS picked up Colts/Texans
as its 'A' game? Most of the country will see THAT game, too.
Here's to the Texans TURNING THAT CORNER!!
Yes sir: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2009/12-CBS.html
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

If they agree with the Texans they are brilliant according to you guys but if they disagree they are "idiots" - nice. All that considered, this is one of my favorite shows. Three guys guys honest opinion breaking down game film. A team that has never played over .500 ball isn't going to capture anyone's imagination except for the homer crowd.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #19
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree in the sense that any aspect of coverage that involves teaching more about the game is a better show. Analysis of the X's and O's is a more accurate way to evaluate and predict a winner however, in the defense of the idiott/genius people, Theisman's rationale was that Chris Johnson is now C.J., which is similar to M.J. so he's a good player.

It's a T.V. show, I get that, but it can seem a bit ridiculous at times.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i agree in the sense that any aspect of coverage that involves teaching more about the game is a better show. Analysis of the X's and O's is a more accurate way to evaluate and predict a winner however, in the defense of the idiott/genius people, Theisman's rationale was that Chris Johnson is now C.J., which is similar to M.J. so he's a good player.

It's a T.V. show, I get that, but it can seem a bit ridiculous at times.
Picking a team, because the PUNTER was traded from Denver to Tennessee
was absurd. Vinny, did you even watch that segment? It seemed like one
big sketch on SNL! They gave no serious analysis whatsoever.
The "Inside the NFL" guys gave pluses for both teams, but were at least
honest about their picks.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read