Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2009   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Can we come together..... for 1 game PLEASE!!

Look,

I know our coaches are probably going to do something stupid. Matt is going to throw an interception or two.... & some body is going to put the ball on the ground.

Can we please, please save all our hatred & booing for the Tacks?

Please?

Throw a little at the refs every now & then... but let's not boo our hometown team?

Just for this game.
Old 11-21-2009   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Can we come together..... for 1 games PLEASE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Look,

I know our coaches are probably going to do something stupid. Matt is going to throw an interception or two.... & some body is going to put the ball on the ground.

Please?

Throw a little at the refs every now & then... but let's not boo our hometown team?

Just for this game.
It's been better this year. There was definitely booing at the Jets game. No doubt about that. Schaub looked bad and Kubiak got some boos too. I really cant remember any other eruptions of boos but I did miss the JVille game. I am sure that wasn't pleasant.

most of the booing I hear is directed at the referees or at challenges or the other team. the referees have been horrible this year across the NFL this year. some of the personal foul calls are just atrocious.
Old 11-21-2009   #3
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can we come together..... for 1 games PLEASE!!

If u can't get pumped for Monday Night, hopefully this will do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLIJ-99fiMA
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #4
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can we come together..... for 1 game PLEASE!!

Quote:
Look,

Please?

Just for this game.
My boos are always directed at the Hootinanies......no matter what sport I'm watching or who's winning. People look at me like "Dude, WTF? Why are you booing a Cricket match on ESPN 8....The Ocho?" I'm just like "Eff Bumblescum and Rudy man! Eff 'em!"

I stub my toe in the middle of the night and the first thing out of my mouth is "Screw YOU Bud! Screw YOU!"

I get in an argument with my ex wife and it's just like "God Damnit I hate Rudy and the Hoot's!"

(Just thought I'd throw the kitty in...why not?)

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Drunk numb skulls will speak there mind we can stop it i kinda like it

We are turning into the Philly fans of the south that shows that out fans have passion about this team LOVe or Hate :P

Trust me if u were at the frisco game at the 4th quarter our fans were screaming there lungs out Brought a tear to my eye
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #6
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Drunk numb skulls will speak there mind we can stop it i kinda like it

We are turning into the Philly fans of the south that shows that out fans have passion about this team LOVe or Hate :P

Trust me if u were at the frisco game at the 4th quarter our fans were screaming there lungs out Brought a tear to my eye

PLEASE NO!

I hope I don't ever see the day when our fans cheer when an opposing player is possibly paralyzed, throw batteries at Santa or anyone and boo Santa and have a stadium with a friggin JAIL IN IT (the old Vet stadium had one if you didn't know).

I used to live in the Philly area in NJ. Anything that close to Camden, NJ is just trouble....Philly included.

Have many a story just about the general populace that I have encountered in the Philly area. Gino's steaks are still the best though! Nothing beats a real philly steak w/ cheese whiz on it (no one outside Philly uses Provolone or Swiss on a cheesesteak)

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 11-21-2009   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Gino's steaks are still the best though! Nothing beats a real philly steak w/ cheese whiz on it (no one outside Philly uses Provolone or Swiss on a cheesesteak)
Yeah they do. There is a little hole in the wall, walk up only place (like the equivalent of making a cart hole in the side of a building) in of all places Walnut Creek CA that has phenomenal cheesesteaks. I don't know if the guy who owns the place is from Philly, and I have had them many times in Philly but this is the best I have ever had.
Old 11-21-2009   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have many a story just about the general populace that I have encountered in the Philly area. Gino's steaks are still the best though! Nothing beats a real philly steak w/ cheese whiz on it (no one outside Philly uses Provolone or Swiss on a cheesesteak)
Ain't the way I understand it. I married into a South Philly family. Whiz on a cheesesteak is for the tourists.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Can we come together..... for 1 game PLEASE!!

I don't blame anyone who booed at the Jets game.

There should be no booing Monday.

However, if I meet any of the people Monday who say any of the following, I may punch them in the face for stupidity:

"I thought about being a Texans fan, but they didn't draft Vince."

"I am a Texans fan, except when they play the Titans."

"I am a Titans fan, except when they play the Texans."

"I am a Texans fan, but I hope Vince beats them."

"I watched Vince all through middle school and high school..." (I call BS on 95% of the people who say that!!)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #10
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not wanting to derail the thread too much, but the better cheesesteak in Philly is at Pats, not Ginos.

But cheesesteaks excluded, there is nothing that the Texans should be copying from Philly!
Old 11-21-2009   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

There should be no booing Monday.
That's all I'm saying.

I don't mind fans speaking their mind. But against the Tacks....

We should show as much love & support for this team.

Heaven knows they'll be a lot of idiots rooting for the other team for whatever stupid reason they want to use that day.
Old 11-21-2009   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

If it comes to the point, which i certainly don't think it will, in which we are getting embarrased by the Titans, than i will bring out my boo birds. No excuses for playing poorly coming off of a bye week.
Old 11-21-2009   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll come together at the game. Just don't bring up cheesesteaks and all will be fine.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2009   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have NEVER booed my team and never will. Can't say I haven't let out a few four letter words occassionally though! Kubiak makes me be a very nasty fan sometimes! It's all his fault I'm going to hell for cussing!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I have NEVER booed my team and never will.
Go Grandma - that's the way I feel. I'll come here and criticize them, but at the game they have my support.
Old 11-21-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If it comes to the point, which i certainly don't think it will, in which we are getting embarrased by the Titans, than i will bring out my boo birds. No excuses for playing poorly coming off of a bye week.
Nothing would make Bud Adams, VY, the VY nut huggers, Bullock, Finnagan, Lendale White, & whatever other bunch of Tennessee Hillabiliees happier.

Against these guys, in "our house" we need them to know we still prefer the team that is here, more than the team that left.
Old 11-21-2009   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Nothing would make Bud Adams, VY, the VY nut huggers, Bullock, Finnagan, Lendale White, & whatever other bunch of Tennessee Hillabiliees happier.

Against these guys, in "our house" we need them to know we still prefer the team that is here, more than the team that left.
Crap we agree on something. Show some class Houston. I will never boo my team. And if I had the slightest urge ever it would not be in front of the team that gave me the middle finger.
Old 11-21-2009   #18
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Ain't the way I understand it. I married into a South Philly family. Whiz on a cheesesteak is for the tourists.
LOL. Well, I definitely wasn't a tourist, lived there, don't know where the disconnect is, but I take em anyway they are served. Love me some cheesesteak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Not wanting to derail the thread too much, but the better cheesesteak in Philly is at Pats, not Ginos.

The debate will always rage on!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 11-21-2009   #19
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I have NEVER booed my team and never will. Can't say I haven't let out a few four letter words occassionally though! Kubiak makes me be a very nasty fan sometimes! It's all his fault I'm going to hell for cussing!
It takes a lot to get me to, but I'll most definitely boo them when I feel it's deserved. The players on this team will come and go and I'll still be here, Lord willing. I'll root for anyone wearing Texans gear, and will ALWAYS support and, as long as I'm able, $upport the team, and I feel I have every right to let them know of my displeasure when I feel it's warranted. If that means dropping a "boo" on them then so be it. That's actually easier on the vocals than screaming four letter bombs at them from up in my perch. But I still don't do it very much at all. Even when the rest of the stadium is. They've got to really REALLY piss me off to get a boo.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #20
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
It takes a lot to get me to, but I'll most definitely boo them when I feel it's deserved. The players on this team will come and go and I'll still be here, Lord willing. I'll root for anyone wearing Texans gear, and will ALWAYS support and, as long as I'm able, $upport the team, and I feel I have every right to let them know of my displeasure when I feel it's warranted. If that means dropping a "boo" on them then so be it. That's actually easier on the vocals than screaming four letter bombs at them from up in my perch. But I still don't do it very much at all. Even when the rest of the stadium is. They've got to really REALLY piss me off to get a boo.
100% agree, boo'ing is supporting your team. What are we supposed to do give them a pat on the back saying it's ok to come out and do poorly? When was the last time that I messed something up bad at work and someone came and patted me on the back? Heck I would get my ass chewed and deserved to get an ass chewing, and after several major disasters I should get fired.

Why should NFL players get treated any different?
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read