Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2009   #1
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dre on the cover of ESPN Magazine

Link

I'll be picking up one or 2.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre on the cover of ESPN Magazine

"Instead, Johnson snot-bubbled Hays....."

Awesome!!
Old 11-19-2009   #3
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Excuse me, wtf is Fred Bennett doing in there?
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"Instead, Johnson snot-bubbled Hays....."

Awesome!!
I saw that too......

I love this pic:

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #5
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting article, particularly the part about Melton (his uncle and adviser) relaying to the author that 'if the Texans don't turn the corner soon, there's a plan in place to force a move elsewhere, the details of which he declined to reveal.'
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 22808 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice find. The idea of seeing him play in another team's uni makes my stomach churn. This team needs to start making a push and it needs to start on Monday.
Old 11-19-2009   #7
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 116 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

am i the only one with a bad feeling after reading this? i already had a bad feeling about the rest of the season (just a gut thing) and with Dre's uncle saying that he's close to leaving... man this is getting pretty scary.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2009   #8
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
am i the only one with a bad feeling after reading this? i already had a bad feeling about the rest of the season (just a gut thing) and with Dre's uncle saying that he's close to leaving... man this is getting pretty scary.
No I was feeling bad about it as well. The Texans better start winning!!
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

The article left a bad taste in my mouth. It's time to make the push. Statement type win against the Titans.
Old 11-19-2009   #10
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 1345 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

If Andre leaves I'm going to jump off a cliff
Old 11-19-2009   #11
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

As they say winning cures everything, but I sure don't like that kind of talk from AJ. I understand, but I don't like it and it scares the he'll out me!
Old 11-19-2009   #12
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
Excuse me, wtf is Fred Bennett doing in there?
You noticed it too lol!
Old 11-19-2009   #13
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a big deal. This thread title should've addressed the fact that we're in very real danger of losing the best receiver in the NFL.

Andre said that he didn't think it would take seven years to get to the playoffs when he was drafted. Just think how much further along the team would be if it weren't for Casserly drafting sub par talent during those seven years. And now that we finally have the right GM, coaching staff, and personnel (mostly) on the field, Andre is starting to reach his breaking point.

Hopefully 2010 --not 2009-- is the deadline for this "forced move." That would be fair for both sides, considering the team's current progression.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't look like Andre said that. Just his uncle. Besides, I doubt he leaves. The Texans are finally making progress. I mean, we do have the youngest starting lineup in the NFL. They are all growing together. We should be 10-6 this year at the least.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009   #15
StevieWonder
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 StevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performer

He still has three years left on his current deal so I wouldn't worry too much about him leaving this offseason. If the Texans don't make the playoffs in 2010, well...
StevieWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

dude's my favorite active athlete, and if he sticks with the texans, it'll be of all time. no hesitation.
Old 11-20-2009   #17
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
It doesn't look like Andre said that. Just his uncle. Besides, I doubt he leaves. The Texans are finally making progress. I mean, we do have the youngest starting lineup in the NFL. They are all growing together. We should be 10-6 this year at the least.
I wish you were right, but the fact that a conditional plan for a "forced move" even exists is what matters, regardless of the relevance or involvement of Uncle Melton. Also, this plan is revealed when there are three years left on the contract. If the plan is a new development, then it's something to be very concerned about. If it was drawn two years ago, then it might be media sensationalism.

Either way, it's not comforting that the condition rests on a playoff berth. This is an inconsistent team, and 10-6 still doesn't guarantee a wildcard right now.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009   #18
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

What is he going to do sit on the bench? Andre is the mold for how players handle themselves. Lets say they force the Texans hand and he wants a trade? What would the Texans get from the trade? I hate it when ESPN or any other magazine writes this kind of crap up and it could be true and actually be Andre's way of letting the team know whats up.
Old 11-20-2009   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys kill me sometimes, at least we have enjoyed his services for seven years, how do you think the Lions feel

If this is the worst case scenero we should except it, be happy & both move on. Funny thing however, there is plenty of upside waiting to be unleashed, first we need to put an end to VY ever being the player that Mario Williams has become Monday Night, then excercise some Colt demons, the rest should take care of itself.

Still think the Texans are one draft away from a premier OL & RB to forge through deep into the postseason but it does set up nicely over the next couple years so we can reatain Andres services & keep him a Texan for his entire career, how cool would that be
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009   #20
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hadn't read the article but the tone of this thread is gonna keep me away. If it's true I don't blame him. As of right now he's our barry sanders. Great talent in a bad place.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read