Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-03-2004   #1
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Vinny vs. Quincy! Let the battle begin!

VS.

Who do you think will grab the starting position. I just listened to the press confrence and it looks like Testaverde is thirsty for a starting spot
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I give the nod to Carter. Vinny will be a great 2-3 game reliever for Carter. But this is his team.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004   #3
J-Man
Veteran

It's Carter's team until the Tuna decides that he needs to sleep with the fishes and makes Henson the new Cappo. :hehe:

I agree that Vinnie is a very good short term reliever and Big Uncle figure for Carter and Henson, but I just don't see him seriously challenging for the #1 spot unless Carter REALLY struggles (which is not out of the realm of possibility).

I think Henson may see some action later this year, largely dependant on Carter's preformance and the playoff picture. I bet that Henson is in the pole position for the starter job next year unless Quincy puts on a heck of a show this year.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think before the first 6 games of the year are history that Vinny will be the starting QB.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004   #5
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the job is QC's to lose and Vinny is an excellent team member as a back up or at worse in case of injury. He would also be a great mentor for our young quarterbacks. Given that the goal is to return to a sound, winning franchise, I give the nod to whoever performs the best to get us there.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004   #6
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Carter will start.
Old 06-05-2004   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165633 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Last season, if Parcells didn't like what he was seeing out of Carter what did he have to go to?

This season he's got a QB who's played for him and who he knows and trusts. Parcells doesn't ask his QB to win games for him. All he asks him to do is not lose them. Vinny starts before the first 6 weeks of the season are over and Carter never sees quality time under center again. By the time Vinny is ready to lay it down Henson will be the one getting the call.
Old 06-05-2004   #8
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34587 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not care! Who cares?
axman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165633 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently the 8 people who posted before you care enough to comment on it so I guess that's who cares. I know how you feel though. It's not terribly important to me either. Just saw the thread and had an opinion so I added it to the list.

I don't think it's all that far fetched to think that Testeverde could beat out Carter. Ever since the day he was handed the starting job it's just been a question of when someone would take it away from him. Up until now it's been a sad indictment of the Cowboys QB situation that they didn't have anyone who could do it. That situation has been rectified.
Old 06-05-2004   #10
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3474 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
[IMG]it looks like Testaverde is thirsty for a starting spot
He's probably thirsty, but it's not for a starting spot...it's probably for a can of Ensure.

Heaven help Vinny if he has to go in. The Statue of Liberty has more mobility. I think we'll see that this is one year too long for him to stick around, unless Q stays healthy and lets Vinny stay on the sidelines.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Exile,

Believe it or not life goes on after 40. I'm 47 and I wouldn't touch Ensure.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read