Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2009   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Minister of the Texans Defense:

Frank Bush

This man has brought our team some good 'ol SWAGGA.
What a difference a year makes. We went from a total clown,
to this guy.

Who says Kubiak will always be a mediocre coach?
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Minister of the Texans Defense:

The bow tie says it all.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #3
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't knwo why but whenever I see him he looks like a homeless man to me.
Old 11-19-2009   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

In this video, he layed it all out. The man ain't lied yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH3qG6pHt1w
Old 11-19-2009   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
I agree completely, that bow tie is... uhm... erhm... clown-like

I like what he has done for the D though, and that's really all that matter!
Old 11-19-2009   #6
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the bow tie he looks a little like Brother Mouzone from season 2 of the Wire.
Old 11-19-2009   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Frank Bush

to this guy.

Who says Kubiak will always be a mediocre coach?
This decision worked out. I admit that and agree that Frank has done a heck of a job. Adding Cushing and Pollard sure helped but overall the defense is very improved.

When Kubiak starts making good and timely game-day decisions then I'll concede that he will not always be a mediocre coach. Not yet though. Not yet.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2009   #8
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that I am quite ready to say that Bush is our saviour. There is no doubt that he has brought improvements to our team, but I am not fully sold yet. Teams will now have some game tape on our defense, and we will still need to step it up another notch in the second half of this season.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 338994 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This decision worked out. I admit that and agree that Frank has done a heck of a job. Adding Cushing and Pollard sure helped but overall the defense is very improved.

When Kubiak starts making good and timely game-day decisions then I'll concede that he will not always be a mediocre coach. Not yet though. Not yet.
yep. Re: Bush, let's see the D stop our division rivals in the next three games before crowning him anything. First order of business is to put the brakes on the CJ/VY combo rolling into town on MNF.

As far as Kubiak, I want to see a winning record before saying he's anything beyond a mediocre HC. Sure he has potential and the team has improved, but HC's are judged by what matters most: scoreboard.

I think this thread is on the right track, but the proof, as they say, is in the results.
Old 11-19-2009   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Image wise, bow tie may work. Bow tie= Frank Bush kind thing. All I want to say is that can someone find a fasion coordinator for Frank? Please.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Our defense is much better now than it was last year at this time. Some of it is due to some player changes, some Frank Bush. I won't make a guess at the percentages there, but I'm certain Bush is good for the Texans.

Better than what we used to have, that's for damn sure!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

The Texans have to add a few more peices to the puzzle through drats but I think Frank Bush is right man for the DC job.
Old 11-19-2009   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I don't think that I am quite ready to say that Bush is our saviour. There is no doubt that he has brought improvements to our team, but I am not fully sold yet. Teams will now have some game tape on our defense, and we will still need to step it up another notch in the second half of this season.
I don't know that I'm too worried about teams getting film on our defense.

The second half adjustments this team has made are awe inspiring.
Old 11-19-2009   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

It's got to be the bowtie! If it was me on the opposing offense, i'd trip over myself laughing. Whatever works! Seriously, Frank Bush is the man.
Old 11-19-2009   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Frank Bush

to this guy.
Long time ago, bow ties were considered the epitome of sophistocation. More recently, it has been associated with figures from the clown-like Jerry Lewis, all the way to the other end of the spectrum like Winston Churchill. Today, if you wear a bow-tie on any occasion other than a black-tie event, ordinary people are likely to expect you to pull a bunch of flowers out of your sleeve. Now, if Bush can pull wins out of his ass, I'll be the first to send him a new collection of bow ties to wear to the playoffs.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
He reminds me of that crazy Vietnam vet in an 80's movie with Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez. Can't remember the name of the movie, but they play 2 stupid trash collectors. Anyway, I'm loving the D I'm seeing. Bush has my vote. LOL
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Our defense is much better now than it was last year at this time. Some of it is due to some player changes, some Frank Bush. I won't make a guess at the percentages there, but I'm certain Bush is good for the Texans.

Better than what we used to have, that's for damn sure!
We've got, easily, a top 10 NFL defense right now. Not too freakin' bad!

It's obvious Bill Bellichek wishes he had our defense... If he did, he wouldn't be avoiding a punt up 6 points with 2 minutes to play!
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #18
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Are you guys kidding me?!? Bowties are a sign of tenacity and strength!!!
All the REAL men are wearing them!!!
Old 11-19-2009   #19
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Are you guys kidding me?!? Bowties are a sign of tenacity and strength!!!
All the REAL men are wearing them!!!
Repped!!!
Old 11-19-2009   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I ain't worried about them getting tape on us, because they ain't doing
ANYTHING exotic right now. When we played the 49ers, Brian Billick called
the game. He kept commenting on how BASIC our defense was. The front
four go get the QB, the LB's fill the gaps on the run plays, the secondary
keeps its "zone eyes" watching for screens and draws.

The players are trusting that their teammates will do their jobs, and each
player focuses on HIS responsibility. The Texans are running a very basic
scheme, but they are VERY GOOD at it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read