Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2009   #1
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ryans yet to forget the roars for Young

This should never happen again.

Ryans yet to forget the roars for Young

Quote:
It was a sound DeMeco Ryans never wants to hear again, a sound that still haunts him four years later.

Ryans, the Texans' outstanding middle linebacker, is having a Pro Bowl-type season. It's 30 minutes after practice on Tuesday, and he's sitting at his locker in Reliant Stadium, rubbing lotion on his shoulders after a shower.

Ryans is asked to relive a day that will live in Texans infamy — Dec. 10, 2006. In the 13th game of his rookie season, Ryans had a game-high 14 tackles in a 26-20 overtime loss to the Tennessee Titans.

What made the game so memorable to Ryans, the Texans and fans in the Houston area is that it marked the first time Titans quarterback Vince Young played against his hometown team at Reliant Stadium. Young didn't just play against the Texans; he beat them with a 39-yard touchdown run on the first series of overtime.
Right up the gut

It was a third-and-14 play, and defensive coordinator Richard Smith called a blitz. Young saw an opening, exploded up the middle and took off for the end zone. He didn't stop until he reached the wall behind the end zone, where he danced and celebrated with his teammates while thousands of fans cheered wildly.

It was a scene Ryans will never forget.

“It was a devastating play for us, but when he scored, the way the fans erupted, well, that was a blow to my heart,” Ryans said. “The way the fans erupted hurt even more. When he scored, it was like this was his home, like he played for the Texans.”

Ryans leans back in his chair, fidgets with a towel and let's out a deep breath.

“Man, I never want to hear that sound again,” he said. “I never want to hear that sound when somebody else scores in our stadium. And I'll do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen.”

Those who witnessed the touchdown at Reliant Stadium remember that the crowd noise was deafening when Young scored.

“You would have thought the Texans had won the game,” Ryans said. “They forgot all about us. We thought we were in Nashville. I'll always remember that.
Click on the title for the full story.

Shameful, shameful stuff.
Old 11-18-2009   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Ryans yet to forget the roars for Young

VY will not get past our linebackers on monday. Demeco will get the troops rallied and we'll have a blowout.
Old 11-18-2009   #3
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope DeMeco realizes that those baffoons he heard that day were NOT Texans fans.

If they bring the kind of D Pollard was talking about on the radio this morning, you won't hear a peep out of those #10 lovers 'cause they'll all be putting their heads right back up their arses until the next opportunity they have to pull them out and show what ignoramuses they are.

If you don't want to hear it DeMeco, do something about it!!! Knock the piss out of those inbreds!!!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #4
Ckw

That was a sickening day. I can't begin to express the disdain I have for those "Texans fans" that cheered for Young that day. It was despicable.
Old 11-18-2009   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young loved the world that day. I don't think anybody could have scripted a better return to Houston for him and I'm certain he's going to feel good going into this game. He's not a perfect "technical" kind of player. He's not like Peyton or Brady (obviously and I'm not just talking about his love for sausage). He's an emotional player who rides highs and suffers through lows. We need to make him start feeling low.

The Texans need to make sure that he leaves Houston this time never wanting to come back again. I'd put a hat on him every single legal opportunity presented. Players like Vince Young need to be treated badly by a defense so they start to hurt and start to doubt. Take Chris Johnson away from him completely. Make him carry the team and then do what everyone (including the Titans) has done to Matt Schaub for years. Punish him with every legal hit you can make. Force him to leave Reliant Stadium without any love for the game in his heart and we'll never have to hear about how Vince thinks it's his house again.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The best case scenario Monday would be if VY lost the game. Im talking Rosencopter fail-style, where he single handedly throws away the game. Multiple INTs, fumbles, etc. Totally blows it. I want him to remember this game as long as Ryans has the first time he was here
Old 11-18-2009   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard wasn't there to knock the piss out of 'em.
Old 11-18-2009   #8
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the best way to beat the crap out of the Titans is force VY to throw the ball. Don't blitz and let him step up in the pocket and then run for the first. Force him to thread it in to receivers and make him make throws he can't complete. I think if he's forced to do that he'll start turning it over.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Demeco or someone else gives Brian Cushing, or any other player that wasn't there a tape of that game.

They have to win this game. They HAVE to win this game. If they don't.... sheesh, I don't want to even wrap my mind around that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.
Knock him down.

That'll shut 'em up.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #11
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

I want this picture with VY on the ground instead!!! THEN we will hear the roars!!! And Mario says "Not in OUR house!!!"
Old 11-18-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Methinks 'Meco is gonna have a big game.

Old 11-18-2009   #13
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

I gave VY the Bud Adams salute after that play.

My heart was ripped out that day. I can't wait to beat that @$$ on primetime TV!
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope DeMeco & Company are ready to foreclose on "VY's house", as Young was calling it to his worshipers after that play.

I remember that sickening sound from fans, as well. It ranks on the disgust level with 35-3 in my mind. Anyone that was cheering after that play was never a Houston Texans fan as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-18-2009   #15
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Wait, Richard Smith called a blitz?!
Old 11-18-2009   #16
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

That game was the first one my wife had ever been to. She was being a good sport, trying to learn more and get involoved with something I am so passionate about. I'll never forget what she said after that last run, "I'm so confused, didn't we just lose". All I could do was shake my head in disgust. She's still a good sport though.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope VY trys to run and Crushing knocks him on his ass so hard he starts crying again and they have to send in Kerry Collins.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

What DeMeco heard was the Bull Pen explode with a giant "F*c*!!!"
Old 11-18-2009   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
That was a sickening day. I can't begin to express the disdain I have for those "Texans fans" that cheered for Young that day. It was despicable.
Same here. I have never been so mad at a football game in my life. Its not the fact that we lost, it was all the "Texans" fans freaking out like we had won the Superbowl. Then to add to it Radio yelling, "disth is my houseth."

That's alright though, payback is a b!+ch!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Wait, Richard Smith called a blitz?!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read