Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nading out; Foster in

#Texans move rookie RB Arian Foster from practice squad to active roster.

To make room for Foster, DE Jesse Nading placed on waivers.

The #Texans have 4 running backs on active roster: Steve Slaton, Ryan Moats, Chris Brown, Arian Foster.

Fresh off the press via http://twitter.com/ChronicleTexans/
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nading out; Foster in

Hopefully the rookie gets a legit shot.......at this point our running game can't get any worse.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet his momma is happy, she's a poster on here I believe.
Old 11-17-2009   #4
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Nading out; Foster in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Hopefully the rookie gets a legit shot.......at this point our running game can't get any worse.
I like it. I've been wanting to see this kid
Old 11-17-2009   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that he recognizes the opportunity and makes the most of it. Glad to see Nading gone as well, one less CSU alum around.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets see what he can do, it cant possibly be any worse than what Chris Brown has been doing.....which is pretty much been crap.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I really liked what I saw out of Foster in training camp. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in a real game, but keeping my enthusiasm tempered, because it was only in training camp, afterall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2009   #8
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this mean that the Chris Brown experiment is over?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I think that one ended a few weeks back. CB was nowhere to be seen in goal line situations in Indy.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not at all. Kubiak said today on HoustonTexans.com, that ALL FOUR
backs will play. He's not naming a starter, and he's giving all of those
backs equal reps. Somebody asked him about Chris Henry or Arian Foster,
and he shrugged it off saying, "If either of 'em comes up, it'll be Arian."
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #11
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Championship!
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #12
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Not at all. Kubiak said today on HoustonTexans.com, that ALL FOUR
backs will play. He's not naming a starter, and he's giving all of those
backs equal reps. Somebody asked him about Chris Henry or Arian Foster,
and he shrugged it off saying, "If either of 'em comes up, it'll be Arian."
Interesting...thats a lot of backs to be splitting a limited amount of touches. Its got to be tough to get into any kind of "groove" if you are only getting 5 or 6 touches a game. I really hope we go right back to Slaton and see what these few weeks he has had to think about his problem have done for him. I have a feeling he is going to respond in a big way.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Interesting...thats a lot of backs to be splitting a limited amount of touches. Its got to be tough to get into any kind of "groove" if you are only getting 5 or 6 touches a game. I really hope we go right back to Slaton and see what these few weeks he has had to think about his problem have done for him. I have a feeling he is going to respond in a big way.
I said they're getting equal REPS, that's referring to PRACTICE. I believe the
top 3 will get the load on Monday Night. I'm sure Kubiak is upping the
competition with the hopes the best the players have will surface. That's
the luxury the Texans are at now, with good talent at dang near every
position on the team.
Old 11-18-2009   #14
50boys
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer50boys is a Hall of Famer

Hopefully we will actually see him play. I'd rather see what he's got vs. Chris Brown at this point. Same goes for Henry.
50boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I said they're getting equal REPS, that's referring to PRACTICE. I believe the
top 3 will get the load on Monday Night. I'm sure Kubiak is upping the
competition with the hopes the best the players have will surface. That's
the luxury the Texans are at now, with good talent at dang near every
position on the team
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.... I giggled with delight when I read that!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I really liked what I saw out of Foster in training camp. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in a real game, but keeping my enthusiasm tempered, because it was only in training camp, afterall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did look decent in camp, but when it came to preseason games I wasn't impressed. It might've been due to playing with the 2nd and 3rd Oline, who knows? He had a very good chance at winning a spot on the active roster before he got hurt. After his little injury he appeared pedestrian at best.
Old 11-18-2009   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad that there is seemingly NO clear-cut starter for the RB position.

Kubiak, IMO, is sending a pretty loud message here: "You want to be the man? Then go out there and do it."

I think Slaton and Moats are each desiring to out-do the other. I don't think Chris Brown cares as much as they do--I think he knows he's just "filler" material and he's down with that. Foster? He makes the seat a little hotter for Moats and Slaton, but he's a bigger guy and is there to try and supplement what Chris Brown is supposed to be doing.

This is GOOD. It's really good, actually.

Glad to see the head coach not being content with naming his RB starter, and forcing them to essentially prove their worth with their play on the field. I think this is the right move, with the right guys who have the mindset of trying to elevate their game and solidify their roles for the rest of the season.
Old 11-18-2009   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Kubiak, like his team, is improving every season.
I heard Mccain on the radio, and he threw out this interesting stat.

Kubiak's teams over their last seven games to end seasons:

2006:
3-4

2007:
4-3

2008:
5-2

His teams have gotten better every single year, and ending their last
seven games on a winning note. By this trend, they should aim for
6-1, but if they play their BEST, they could easily finish 7-0.
Old 11-18-2009   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak, like his team, is improving every season.
I heard Mccain on the radio, and he threw out this interesting stat.

Kubiak's teams over their last seven games to end seasons:

2006:
3-4

2007:
4-3

2008:
5-2

His teams have gotten better every single year, and ending their last
seven games on a winning note. By this trend, they should aim for
6-1, but if they play their BEST, they could easily finish 7-0.
No way this team finishes out with 7-straight wins. I like the confidence, but it's not going to happen.

6-1 would be the best the Texans could do, IMO.

And I fear for what might happen around here if we drop 2 or 3 games somehow.

This team messed up by playing poorly vs. the Jets, the Jags, and the Cards. All three of those games were dumb losses.
Old 11-18-2009   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
No way this team finishes out with 7-straight wins. I like the confidence, but it's not going to happen.

6-1 would be the best the Texans could do, IMO.

And I fear for what might happen around here if we drop 2 or 3 games somehow.

This team messed up by playing poorly vs. the Jets, the Jags, and the Cards. All three of those games were dumb losses.
All three were early in the season, BEFORE they started playing like they have
SINCE the Cards. They haven't had a "dumb loss" since.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read