Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-23-2005   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Free Agent #2 WR??

Who would you go after and why? Or, would you go with someone already on the team?
Old 02-23-2005   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Plaxico. He has the size and skills that will command defenses to focus on him as well. I think he is like 6'5" or something. That is a huge target.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #3
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Plaxico and Andre. Carr would have a field day.
Old 02-23-2005   #4
pittbull
All Pro

Default not a #2

Although he looks like an attractive option, 6'5", 235lbs, this guy thinks he's a #1 receiver with #3 skill sets. Runs horrible routes, bad hands, and is slower than most #1 receivers, In the 4.5 - 4.6 range. Happens to be very good freinds with my bro's best friend. Wants to stay in the East, from VA, and is marrying a girl from PA. If he goes south, something like Miami or Atlanta will interest him, but not Houston. This is Dre's town and he had enough ego problems dealing with Hines!!!
Old 02-23-2005   #5
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

OK, then who would YOU suggest, Pittbull?
Old 02-23-2005   #6
pittbull
All Pro

Default "4-5 chances"

Could you imagine what he would be stating to our press, "I left Pittsburgh and a run dominated offense, to go to another run dominated offense. Man, Johnson only gets 4-5 chances to catch the ball, and he's a Pro Bowler, how many am I going to get?" :woot
Old 02-23-2005   #7
pittbull
All Pro

Default Someone Solid...

I don't have a clear cut guy, and I'm not down playing anyone suggestion, but Burress.....know him too well! I personal feel it should be a player with a #2 mindset, and willing to accept his role. Rod Gardner is a true #2, Givens, NE, could be a good #2 and bring in excellent work ethic and respect, or maybe someone in the draft. But a disgruntled WR, in this up & down offense, would be plain explosive in the locker room!!!
Old 02-23-2005   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Mason, Burress or stand pat.

If they bring in Kevin Johnson...

Gaffney > Johnson.
Old 02-23-2005   #9
pittbull
All Pro

personally.....sorry
Old 02-23-2005   #10
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

You want an explosive locker room? Try having the following players in one: Keyshawn Johnson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Plaxico Burress. Now that's a media's paradise.
Old 02-23-2005   #11
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

David Givens
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #12
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Yeah, I'd say go for David Givens, too.
Old 02-23-2005   #13
prtfly4awhguy2
Rookie

i think the texans should go for terrence murphy from Texas A&M in the 2nd or 3rd round. he could be farely cheap an a good compliment 2 AJ
prtfly4awhguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Givens is a local product but is not an unrestricted FA.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #15
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ Hoosyourdaddy is available too.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #16
Gilly
Rookie

Default #2 Wr

I would take a hard look at TJ Houshmandzadh as a true number two. He plays with another egomaniac in Chad Johnson so he doesnt demand the spotlight. And I have seen a few interviews with him and he seems to me coolheaded and team oreinted. I havent heard anything negative about his aditude. Which is a definent plus because we like classy player in Houston.
Givens would work for me as well. He brings major big play potential and also seems to be a team player.
Plax is asking for trouble. Besides he is going to want to get paid way more than he is worth.

my $.02
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #17
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

My 2 cents: Move Armstrong to # 2. Not as fast as Bradford but seemed to hold on to anything near. Would also be good in red zone IMO. He is 6'2" 196. I also would like for Starling and Sloan Thomas to get more reps. We could also use Dallas pick in 3rd for a receiver. Also, who is Nick Narcisse w/r on Texans? Where did he come from? Any one know anything about this guy?
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #18
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

honestly i think the best guy for our offense would be muhammad from carolina...he knows caper's offense and better yet he's a vet that knows the game and can actually give andre some advice that he needs in being a team player and how to make the most of the few chances he'll get thrown to...if muhammad isn't released then my money is on derrick mason for the same reasons
Old 02-23-2005   #19
pittbull
All Pro

Default restricted FA

Givens is a RA, but I thinnk the guy would be worth a pick or two. How many guys on this team have come from a winning pro team in the past couple of years. givens comes from a Dynasty! Sign the guy and sign a winning attitude!
Old 02-23-2005   #20
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

chris henry out of west virginia...if he'd stayed in school he would of been drafted in the top half of the first round next year. as things stand now he can probably be had for a 3rd round pick.

as a free agent im partial to givens. shouldnt demand to much money and hes from a winner....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read