Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-23-2005   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Dallas should let the Brees in!

Boy is that team really getting screwed up. Not that I care all that much about the Cowgirls, but you hate to see dumb decisions made. If they were smart, they would get themselves a Franchise QB, and Drew Brees would be available. Look at it this way. Dallas has (2) #1 picks, so they give up one this season! Number one picks are hit and miss to begin with! Alright, you give up a #1 next season, but who knows what a season does for you and the order your picking at in 2006. Brees walks into a better overall offensive situation than what he had in San Diego his last three seasons. Of course Tomlison excluded, he had a developing TE in Gates and a horrible WR corps. At least with Dallas, he has Johnson and Glenn, a Pro Bowl TE to work with, and an up and coming explosive RB! Dallas solidifies the QB position for a while, and allows them to focus on defensive issues in the draft and free agency, and possibly steal a free agent WR like a Plaxico Burress if they want to give the guy a long term target! Going with Bledsoe continues to place future focus on the position. Obviously, if they thought Henson would be the guy, he would have gotten some attention, but I think they realize this kid just doesn't have it and the Texans will get most out of a second round pick. Way to go Charlie C!!!
Old 02-23-2005   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we got a 3rd round pick. not a 2nd.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #3
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default think ur right

Whatever we got, it was enough for a guy that I don't believe will ever pan out in the league. Charlie C didn't even sweat making the deal!
Old 02-23-2005   #4
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

San Diego has a ton of cap space and is more than willing to give Brees the $8 million for next season. They have already told Brees' agent that they will take no less than 2 first round draft in a trade.

Brees had a fine season but one season is not worth giving up 2 first round picks. Sorry, but that would be dumber than signing Bledsoe to a limited contract.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
San Diego has a ton of cap space and is more than willing to give Brees the $8 million for next season. They have already told Brees' agent that they will take no less than 2 first round draft in a trade.

Brees had a fine season but one season is not worth giving up 2 first round picks. Sorry, but that would be dumber than signing Bledsoe to a limited contract.

I agree with you. San Diego will find a way to keep him I think.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I'd say slapping the franchise tag on him pretty much seals it.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am waiting for the Tuna to call Phil Simms in to see if he can take a shot at it

seriously... what gets me is Henson has like 3.5 millon in guaranteed salary...(if I remember correctly)... geez how can I be so good to get a bunch of money from the Yankees and then the Cowboys...and not start or go to the majors.

(kidding aside) .. I really expect Henson to take over the reigns on this team and if he doesn't Thanks Dallas for the 3rd rounder!

Last edited by Wolf; 02-23-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2005   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I don't see Henson taking over as long as Parcells is the head coach. Apparently he doesn't trust him. First Vinny and now Drew. He's running out of old QBs.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #9
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I don't see Henson taking over as long as Parcells is the head coach. Apparently he doesn't trust him. First Vinny and now Drew. He's running out of old QBs.
Kurt Warner
Old 02-24-2005   #10
wiley2002
Veteran

Don't know if it's true but I heard that Jay Feidler is avalible.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #11
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Yeah, it's true. The Dolphins let him go.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read