Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-17-2009   #1
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough
Default Anyone with ESPN insider

COuld you tell me who the 6 names on the list they have rumored for the Notre Dame coaching job if Weis is fired?

Reps if you can help me out, thanks.
Old 11-17-2009   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone with ESPN insider

i don't have one, but i imagine it's the same it always is: gruden, stoops, meyer, brian kelly, etc.

the buyout for Weiss would be big though, plus the mammoth contract they'd have to pay to one of those guys. i'm not seeing it happening.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #3
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope it doesn't happen, at least not this year. Everyone on that offense would be gone and the team would be bare again. I don't want another NFL coach going there if he does get fired though, I want someone who has proven they can at least run a respectable program
Old 11-17-2009   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
COuld you tell me who the 6 names on the list they have rumored for the Notre Dame coaching job if Weis is fired?

Reps if you can help me out, thanks.
Here you go..I'd post the blurb but it is basically names and with Insider it isn't really giving a legit link.

Cincinnati's Brian Kelly, Oklahoma's Bob Stoops, Florida's Urban Meyer, Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald, Michigan State's Mark Dantonio and Boise State's Chris Peterson.
Old 11-17-2009   #5
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Here you go..I'd post the blurb but it is basically names and with Insider it isn't really giving a legit link.

Cincinnati's Brian Kelly, Oklahoma's Bob Stoops, Florida's Urban Meyer, Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald, Michigan State's Mark Dantonio and Boise State's Chris Peterson.
Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer? That's pure wishful thinking.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Meyer still says Notre Dame is his dream job, so meh...not entirely impossible. doesn't work money-wise, though.
Old 11-17-2009   #7
Farough
Site Contributor

Doubt Meyer or Stoops jumps aboard, never know though I guess.

Maybe if they win the NC this year he will think about coming to his dream job and turning it around.
Old 11-17-2009   #8
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
Doubt Meyer or Stoops jumps aboard, never know though I guess.

Maybe if they win the NC this year he will think about coming to his dream job and turning it around.
Heard John Lopez talking about Stoops this morning on 610 and last week as well. He said last week that Stoops name was going to be linked to the ND job and sure enough he was right. He said that from people he knows at Oklahoma that Stoops may have his ear to the ground and seeing what ND might offer him to leave Okla.

It would be easier for him to make to a National Championship game since he wouldn't have to battle threw the Big 12 and might like being an Independent. Just relaying what I heard!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

but it'd be harder because of Notre Dame's academic regulations, which blow OU's out of the water
Old 11-17-2009   #10
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i don't have one, but i imagine it's the same it always is: gruden, stoops, meyer, brian kelly, etc.

the buyout for Weiss would be big though, plus the mammoth contract they'd have to pay to one of those guys. i'm not seeing it happening.

This seems to be the wish list on the Notre Dame site I visit.

You can add Harbaugh and Patterson. Just a wish list and an bunch of guessing.

I don't think Stoops or Meyer would make the change.

Posters don't seem to think $ will be a problem, but it's not their money.

Man its tough being a fan of the Irish and the Texans.

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 11-17-2009 at 11:24 PM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #11
Farough
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
This seems to be the wish list on the Notre Dame site I visit.

You can add Harbaugh and Patterson. Just a wish list and an bunch of guessing.

I don't think Stoops or Meyer would make the change.

Posters don't seem to think $ will be a problem, but it's not their money.

Man its tough being a fan of the Irish and the Texans.

I hear you on that. I heard that Harbough is about to sign a contract extention to stay at Stanford so I'm not too sure about him.
Old 11-18-2009   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Harbaugh makes the most sense, really.
Old 11-18-2009   #13
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Harbaugh makes the most sense, really.
I was thinking the same thing until come character issues were brought up.

Something about being caught in his auto with a cheerleader.. I think.
Just something I read, I have nothing to substantiate it.

Old 11-19-2009   #14
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to see Paul Johnson being left off the list now
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read