Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-16-2009   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Browns suck

7 points a game so far this season.

never seen anything like that before. unreal.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #2
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Browns suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
7 points a game so far this season.

never seen anything like that before. unreal.
Those 2 deep throws at the end of the game by Quinn that both went about 10 yards out of bounds pretty much summed it up. That was a terrible showing on a day when their D actually played quite well.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

oh and their best player, Josh Cribbs, got hurt on the last play of the game and had to be carted off.
Old 11-17-2009   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching that game, it was unbelievable how much Quinn reminded me of a certain QB that used to play in Houston.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns offense was moving players all over, getting cute trying to look smart then they would throw a 1 yard pass...aka the David Carr package. On defense all you have to do is watch the play when Ray Rice scored vs 10 Cleveland defenders. The SS let guys trying not to block, block him. I'd be a livid Browns fan right now. I only see pathetic effort like that in 8th grade where most of the youngsters don't have any snap yet. How does Mangini keep his job?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Next week it is Browns v. Lions. That should be a game of epic suckage. Those two teams just might contrive a way for neither to win.
Old 11-17-2009   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

there were a lot of awful screens and silly trick plays that tricked no one.

Mangini is truly absolutely terrible. he will not have another head coaching job ever again in the NFL after this season.
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2009   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #9
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mangini is truly absolutely terrible. he will not have another head coaching job ever again in the NFL after this season.
QFT.

The worst part about this Browns team? So they fire yet another coach and bring in yet another new administration and direction. I count three players worth keeping, and that may be a stretch.

The cupboard is just bare there and I feel bad for Browns fans, because they deserve a hell of a lot better than this garbage. I haven't seen one game this year where they look like a competent NFL team led by NFL-calibre coaches.

Like the Lions, this team needs more than a new GM/Coach. It needs new ownership - a true purge.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #10
vanknights2002
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
QFT.

The worst part about this Browns team? So they fire yet another coach and bring in yet another new administration and direction. I count three players worth keeping, and that may be a stretch.

The cupboard is just bare there and I feel bad for Browns fans, because they deserve a hell of a lot better than this garbage. I haven't seen one game this year where they look like a competent NFL team led by NFL-calibre coaches.

Like the Lions, this team needs more than a new GM/Coach. It needs new ownership - a true purge.
I say gave the Lions a chance with their new head coach/GM. BUT the Brown just need to clean house again. The coach they have sucks. The BROWNS FANS in need of a good team.They had one good year since they came back(if I'm right). It's starts at the top and they Brown have no one that knows how to build a team. Like i said clean house and gave them a few years.
vanknights2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
man.. that hurts.
Old 11-17-2009   #12
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would be surprised if he even gets a gig at all
Old 11-17-2009   #13
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2924 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Watch the Browns get the first pick in the draft and trade down 6 times in the first round and take a punter. Sucks to be a Browns fan right now. No leadership on offense, no plan, and not enough sense to realize they do not have a plan. Is it too late to fire the owner?
Old 11-17-2009   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Luckily whoever comes in next year is going to have a slew of high draft picks to use.

Watching the Browns makes me want to keep Kubiak around even if we do go 8-8 again. At least we're fun to watch and competitive
Old 11-17-2009   #15
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Next week it is Browns v. Lions. That should be a game of epic suckage. Those two teams just might contrive a way for neither to win.
The Lions will kill them.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Luckily whoever comes in next year is going to have a slew of high draft picks to use.

Watching the Browns makes me want to keep Kubiak around even if we do go 8-8 again. At least we're fun to watch and competitive
The Texans have fully migrated from a joke of a team to an honest middle of the road team. It nice to know we have the players and (hopefully) the coaches to move us past mediocre. We shall see I suppose.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Come on now, hes "Mangenius."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The Lions will kill them.
After watching that debacle last night I'm going to agree with gwallaia. Honestly, that's probably one of the worst performance's by an NFL offense I've ever seen, and we've all witnessed a bad offense. It's week 10 of the season! Why the heck is Quinn (4th game to start) directing RBs and WRs where to line up?

Why in God's name were the Browns given a MNF game to begin with? They won 4 games last season for crying out loud.

Oh, one more thing, the Ravens should be almost as embarrassed as the Browns with the effort they spewed on the field.
Old 11-17-2009   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Come on now, hes "Mangenius."
More like 'Mangina'
Old 11-17-2009   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
More like 'Mangina'
Tracy is jealous!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read