Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2009   #1
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Monday Night Football

This game has basically become a must win after seeing the results of a lot of the other games this weekend. The wild card spots are being held by Pitt and SD at 6-3. It is now more likely that Denver will be the team we are chasing instead of SD, but they are still the div leaders for now.

Now is the time for us to be a 60 minute team. We need to prove that we can be a playoff team by beating a division rival who is on a 3 game win streak.

My keys to the game:

1) Get to them early - Titans are on a streak, but don't think that they have forgotten about their first 6 games of the year. If we can strike early and get up by a few points, I think the TITs will be deflated and fall apart.

2) Slow down CJ - We can't give up huge plays to the guy this time. We need to key on him and hit him hard when we get our chances.

3) Casey/Hill/Dreesen - One of these guys needs to step up and make some plays to open up the field for us.

4) Slaton - We need him to be involved in our offense in a big way if we want to make a playoff push. Gotta get him touches via rushes and screen passes.

This will be my first game this year that I actually get to see on TV!! I am super pumped for this so I really hope we bring home a W. It will be a great weekend for me since I am driving 10 hours each way to see my CFL team play in the playoffs on Sunday!

Go Texans!
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Monday Night Football

Under Kubiak, the Texans have dominated every team they've played
on Monday Night. I think we'll see the best game the Texans have played
yet. Those players didn't leave Indy happy, and Monday Night is a
great time for redemption.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #3
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I hope and even if the Texans cant make the playoffs this year I at least want a winning season and a sweep of the Titans
Old 11-15-2009   #4
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I hope and even if the Texans cant make the playoffs this year I at least want a winning season and a sweep of the Titans
Ya it would be especially great because we would basically eliminate any hopes the Titans have of a miracle run to playoffs. It would also put us in a really nice position for a wild card run.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #5
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Coming off three straight wins, you know the Titans want to avenge their earlier lost to us.

I'm getting a little bit worried about this game.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

iam getting scared

In the capers era MUst win games meant we choked HARD ..... :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
iam getting scared

In the capers era MUst win games meant we choked HARD ..... :P
Lets be glad that era is long gone.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2009   #8
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Also a little nervous, but them I'm not. This is a different team. I think they're anxious and not nervous to play the TITs
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I have two classes on Monday night but the second one is just going to be people doing presentations, which I did last week, and the class before I can afford to miss. I think I would regret missing the game a lot more than skipping International Relations Theory.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #10
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

/edit. Wrong thread.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #11
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Every Monday night game? We have had 1 Monday night game in our existance. Hard to say that we have dominated when we have played 1 time.

Frankly I am a bit nervous for next Monday. I am also beginning to think that it might take us winning out the season just to make the playoffs.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
I have two classes on Monday night but the second one is just going to be people doing presentations, which I did last week, and the class before I can afford to miss. I think I would regret missing the game a lot more than skipping International Relations Theory.
Thats interesting stuff though
Old 11-16-2009   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Every Monday night game? We have had 1 Monday night game in our existance. Hard to say that we have dominated when we have played 1 time.

Frankly I am a bit nervous for next Monday. I am also beginning to think that it might take us winning out the season just to make the playoffs.
A lot can happen between now and the end of the season. But still, the Texans already have four losses, they can not afford to lose to a team they should be able to beat.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #14
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Coming off three straight wins, you know the Titans want to avenge their earlier lost to us.
Judging by some post game comments I get that feeling as well.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Being a Texans fan I've got plenty of experience dissecting wins and discounting victories over less than quality opponents. The Titans were never as bad as their 0-6 record indicated so there's no point in getting hung up on that. At the same time they are nowhere near as good as their 3-0 win streak makes them look either.

IF we beat Tennessee and get the Vince Young thing off our backs then I think we play the Colts the next Sunday at our house with a chance to cement ourselves as a true playoff contender.

That's a chance to go to 7-4 IF we beat the Colts.

That leads to a game against a likely 7-4 Jacksonville team for the right to second place in the division and an 8-4 record.

The Texans should be able to accomplish this. This is not easy but they insist they are a good team. A good team could do this. They slipped a win in on the Titans when Chris Johnson had a monster day and we had no defense so I think it's entirely resonable to expect the Texans to be able to improve on that at home with a defense. They barely lost a game to the Colts in Indy. That means they have a perfectly good chance to return the favor in Reliant Stadium on the 29th. Then they face the Jaguars who they again played very close without any kind of defense stepping up on our part. If we show up with a defense this game is winnable.

I expect 8-4 when Seattle comes to town and I like our chances the rest of the way up to New England. Seattle and St. Louis suck this year and Miami is mortal. New England is the last tough game and they're liable to sit their starters. We could be looking at a 12-4 finish if the cards fall the right way and the Texans are for real.

Admittedly 10-6 is far more likely until the team clears this three game stretch and proves otherwise.
Hervoyel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post

I'm getting a little bit worried about this game.
My proudest moment as a Texans fan came when I heard the Titans fans chanting "Texans suck!!!" over the broadcast.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #17
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55805 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post

I remember at least three - Jax, GB and Seattle I think?
Old 11-16-2009   #18
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I remember at least three - Jax, GB and Seattle I think?
Those were not Monday night football games. We have had Sunday night games...but only a single Monday night game and that occurred last year.
Old 11-16-2009   #19
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

TNF
Denver

SNF
19-10
Green Bay
Kansas City
Seattle

MNF
Jacksonville
Minnesota (PS)
Tennessee
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #20
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
MNF
Jacksonville
Minnesota (PS)
Tennessee
Correct...our only MNF game that has mattered. To say we have dominated on MNF is a bit of a misnomer...but a win next Monday will help!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read